Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The thing that always baffled me about Coburn was his brain dead hockey IQ, the guy could skate like the wind and pass and shoot decently (from what I recall). But he was so infuriating to watch with unforced give aways and etc.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Weird. I posted some words in last post and nothing showed up...

Anyway, what I was going to say in reply was:

He seemed very self-aware in terms of his game. Impressed me how he spoke about working on jumping into play, to contribute in all three zones and in turn help with his gap too as gives opponent less time.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I really hope that Myers is able to progress offensively this year. He's definitely a threat but it seems he needs to be better at reading the play to make use of his skills.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The thing that always baffled me about Coburn was his brain dead hockey IQ, the guy could skate like the wind and pass and shoot decently (from what I recall). But he was so infuriating to watch with unforced give aways and etc.
I'll never forget that playoff game when he had about 5-10 feet of ice to skate the puck out of the zone and instead decided to pass it into Hall Gill's skates with a guy right on him. Most people ended up blaming Gill for not handling the pass which led to a back breaking goal but it was Coburn and his pathetic decision making which caused it all. Talk about a guy with all of the tools in the world and no tool box to put them in.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'll never forget that playoff game when he had about 5-10 feet of ice to skate the puck out of the zone and instead decided to pass it into Hall Gill's skates with a guy right on him. Most people ended up blaming Gill for not handling the pass which led to a back breaking goal but it was Coburn and his pathetic decision making which caused it all. Talk about a guy with all of the tools in the world and no tool box to put them in.
Oh god I REMEMBER

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

Coburn is a really smart guy and a talented player, but his decision-making could lag a fraction of a second behind the play and that would get him (and us) in trouble.

This is one that still gives me nightmares; Bolland's shortie in game one of the 2010 finals. We should have won that game. :mad:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->