Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
How heavy is he?

His Heavy Level is over 9000....

tenor.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Needs to be calmer and more patient making controlled breakouts. Use his body and feet if need be instead of chucking. That’s not new. And being extra jacked up doesn’t help.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Easy...Only his first game!
Going to have a long career in Philly!

I’ve seen Myers like 100 times. That’s not a 1 game remark.

He can be a an average passer, sometimes flashes above, but he can get hot potato syndrome sometimes and just get it off his stick fast instead of manufacturing a patient exit. Even Gudas should be used as a good template for just waiting that extra second and finding a lane. But Myers can skate a lot more puck out than him. I’m sure trying not to make a turnover and being “safe” factors in. He’s a different animal with confidence. Still not a great passer. Just needs to be less panicky at times.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Needs to be calmer and more patient making controlled breakouts. Use his body and feet if need be instead of chucking. That’s not new. And being extra jacked up doesn’t help.
I saw that too. One of his first shifts he tried to hurl a pass across 2 lines right after getting a d to d. Broken right up. Puck made it back to him just a few seconds later (same sequence) and he corraled it and again rushed (albeit successfully) a two line pass.

Like you said. First game adrenaline won't help the "100mph" nerves

Reactions: VladDrag

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I’ve seen Myers like 100 times. That’s not a 1 game remark.

He can be a an average passer, sometimes flashes above, but he can get hot potato syndrome sometimes and just get it off his stick fast instead of manufacturing a patient exit. Even Gudas should be used as a good template for just waiting that extra second and finding a lane. But Myers can skate a lot more puck out than him. I’m sure trying not to make a turnover and being “safe” factors in. He’s a different animal with confidence. Still not a great passer. Just needs to be less panicky at times.

Sounds like Phil Myers is prone to getting...

8422805.jpg

...over excited.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Well I do think it plays out similar to that. But for sure if he is showing he is better than Gudas in 2 years, we move Gudas. I just think that he will have a harder time making it based on who is on our team at that point.

I said it before:

2015 Ghost
2016 Provy....maybe Morin by deadline
2017 Sanheim...Morin for sure...maybe Hagg by deadline
2018 maybe Myers...Maybe Hagg
2019 Myers for sure and maybe Friedman
2020 Friedman

I think their "likely" arrival date looks something like this.

This time frame really wasn't far off, injuries aside.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'll never understand scouting. I didn't play hockey at any level higher than messing around at the local rink a couple times.

But Myers looks like a total animal. He plays textbook defense, he totally neutralizes guys along the boards and takes away their time and space when entering the zone. He's freakishly athletic and has great puck skills. Who would leave this guy in the minors?

Reactions: Audible Velvet

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
This d is our top young prospects that we were waiting to jump up to the nhl. Sanheim has improved a lot. But Myers he is ready. Our first two pairing are gonna be good, our shutdown pair Gudas,Hagg that is gonna be one good unit, with new coach, we gonna be tough to play.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Kinda have to hear it to appreciate it, but on BSH radio, Charlie O'Connor said he talked to Phil Myers and asked if he noticed any difference in strength among NHL players, if he was having any trouble. "And without saying it, he said, 'No!'"

:nod:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If you ever look at Myers from the Trial on the Isle, he's a monster, he's not a 6'6" twig, he's big ass dude, he's been strong for a couple of years now.

There is a chance he could be the best dman on the team in a few years, honestly.

He can skate
He can hit
He's aggressive
He can shoot
He can pass
He can stick handle
He can clear the front of the net

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If you ever look at Myers from the Trial on the Isle, he's a monster, he's not a 6'6" twig, he's big ass dude, he's been strong for a couple of years now.

There is a chance he could be the best dman on the team in a few years, honestly.

He can skate
He can hit
He's aggressive
He can shoot
He can pass
He can stick handle

he imo has by far the biggest upside of any dman prospect i've ever seen in the flyers organization.

Reactions: Hiesenberg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

He can skate
He can hit
He's aggressive
He can shoot
He can pass
He can stick handle

He looks like the best dman on the team RIGHT NOW. No hyperbole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad