Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
As the season goes on, more defensemen will go down. The Flyers are in a good position to move defensemen for a good price; even a guy like AMac. Look what Timonen and Streit were able to bring back.
Just a thought here, would Dallas do Sequin for Jake and Ghost? The Flyers would have to do something to make the trade work financially. We add Sequin and can bring up Myers.

Why would the Flyers do that? You trade arguably the most valuable defenseman on the team plus one of our top forwards. I know everyone is scared because he is almost 30 and no one over 30 has ever been useful in the history of the NHL and a few years ago the Flyers had to trade Scottie Upshall and a 2nd because they had cap problems, but this trade is a net negative for the Flyers. Seguin is better and more valuable than Voracek, that I agree on, but why would we add in Ghost to that deal? I'm not opposed to moving really anyone with few exceptions, but this move does not make sense unless more is coming back to the Flyers or one of Ghost/Voracek is changed to a lesser player. Also I doubt the Stars have any interest in trading their biggest star that they just signed to a long-term deal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As the season goes on, more defensemen will go down. The Flyers are in a good position to move defensemen for a good price; even a guy like AMac. Look what Timonen and Streit were able to bring back.
Just a thought here, would Dallas do Sequin for Jake and Ghost? The Flyers would have to do something to make the trade work financially. We add Sequin and can bring up Myers.
Yeah I don't trade Jake and Ghost for Seguin.

We have no reason at all to trade Ghost. None.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah I don't trade Jake and Ghost for Seguin.

We have no reason at all to trade Ghost. None.

The only way I am trading Ghost is if we are getting an upgrade at his position around the same age, which is easier said than done.

Reactions: Tripod

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Sequin is the type of player that the Flyers need-speed, shot etc. A line of Konecny, Sequin and Giroux would be hell on wheels. Voracek alone isn't going to get Sequin. The Stars need help on defense and their PP which Ghost would give them. IDK if Voracek and Gudas would be enough. Certainly the Flyers would not add Provy, Sanheim or Myers to Voracek to get a deal finished. Hagg, Folin or AMac would not be appealing to Dallas.
Most likely, obtaining Sequin or Benn is a pipe dream. However I don't think that Fletcher is going to stay pat with this roster. More players than Simmonds will probably be on the move. Dallas just created a potentially interesting situation that the Flyers might be able to exploit.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The Seguin talk is now in like 3 different threads, so I apologize for repeating myself, but I can’t possibly see the Stars deal Seguin and not get a center back, which means we’re talking Patrick as part of the return.

Reactions: Here4ThaList

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The only way I am trading Ghost is if we are getting an upgrade at his position around the same age, which is easier said than done.
For years, we have been patiently waiting for:

Provy Ghost Sanheim Myers Morin Hagg Friedman

We have not even gotten there yet and to trade away a Dman capable of 60+ points who make $4.5 million, is crazy.

I am dumbfounded that people would think of trading Ghost in a package for a forward, when we are icing AMac and Hagg every night. So confusing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't live in the Philly market. The only times I get to watch the Flyers are when they are on national broadcasts (NHL Network, NBC Sports Network) or when they play the Penguins (I live in Erie. We have Root Sports which shows all of the Penguin games). So I get to see about 20-25 Flyers games per year, without JJ and Jones. Thanks for the response though!
Well consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky. :laugh:

They’re absolutely horrible. The Hagg stuff is irksome because they seriously won’t shut up about him and refuse to criticize him, but they’re consistently unbearable about every topic. At this point, I literally watch games nearly muted because even hearing their voices is annoying.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For years, we have been patiently waiting for:

Provy Ghost Sanheim Myers Morin Hagg Friedman

We have not even gotten there yet and to trade away a Dman capable of 60+ points who make $4.5 million, is crazy.

I am dumbfounded that people would think of trading Ghost in a package for a forward, when we are icing AMac and Hagg every night. So confusing.

Yep. No chance in hell I am trading a dman for a forward. There are some dumb people.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Myers comes up from LV?

The point of Myers coming up is to IMPROVE the existing Defense (which let's face it, needs improving), not plug a hole created by trading one of our most effective defensemen for a forward.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Sequin is the type of player that the Flyers need-speed, shot etc. A line of Konecny, Sequin and Giroux would be hell on wheels. Voracek alone isn't going to get Sequin. The Stars need help on defense and their PP which Ghost would give them. IDK if Voracek and Gudas would be enough. Certainly the Flyers would not add Provy, Sanheim or Myers to Voracek to get a deal finished. Hagg, Folin or AMac would not be appealing to Dallas.
Most likely, obtaining Sequin or Benn is a pipe dream. However I don't think that Fletcher is going to stay pat with this roster. More players than Simmonds will probably be on the move. Dallas just created a potentially interesting situation that the Flyers might be able to exploit.
If the move Seguin then they are going with a slight rebuild. They probably move Benn too.
Probably cost the Flyers frost and Myers/Sanheim for Seguin. Or Frost, Rubstov, and a first (which will be late first with Seguin added to the current team).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
In theory I agree but if Seguin is coming back you make that deal every day of the week...just not this particular deal. Ghost for Seguin as a centerpiece is fine with me I just don't like Jake/Ghost for Seguin. You could then call up Myers and ride that for a bit to see how it goes. I would imagine Myers is not going to fill the hole left by Ghost, so you could then flip one of our prospects for an NHL ready young defenseman. Idk who that would be and who the prospects going out would be but I'd be open to that scenario.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I also still doubt heavily that the Stars have any interest in this unless there is a HUGE overpayment.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll save you the time.

Myers can not fill the hole left by Ghost.
Nobody we have can fill the hole left by Ghost.
Few players in the entire league could fill the hole left by Ghost.

Holy shit people. Ghost's skillset is RARE and his contract is insane. He's not getting traded. Full stop.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Maybe people just need to take a second and look at the roster for next year.

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindbom Frost ????
Laughton ???? ????
Weise

NAK has to clear waivers...so let's plug him into the #4 RW role.
Vorobyev can certainly plug into the #4C role.

That leaves the #3RW spot as the hole that really needs filling. Could Allison or Laczynski step into that spot? Maybe. I think we know more as the season goes on and we see how Allison rebounds from his injury. But adding anyone closes the door on that spot for them. Not that I would not look to add...like a Panarin, but we are finally at the point where we actually have in house options in LV to come up.

Development from Patrick, Frost and Lindblom will go a long way in pushing us forward.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindbom Frost ????
Laughton ???? ????
Weise

That leaves the #3RW spot as the hole that really needs filling. Could Allison or Laczynski step into that spot? Maybe. I think we know more as the season goes on and we see how Allison rebounds from his injury. But adding anyone closes the door on that spot for them. Not that I would not look to add...like a Panarin, but we are finally at the point where we actually have in house options in LV to come up.

Development from Patrick, Frost and Lindblom will go a long way in pushing us forward.

Yeah but we can trade many of those players for Seguin... ;) And add Ghost for giggles

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindbom Frost ????
Laughton ???? ????
Weise

I'm not sure they put G back to wing until they need to. Right now he certainly looks like he can stick at C for a while longer.

So maybe something like...

JVR-G-TK
Lindblom-Couts-Jake
Frost-Patrick-Allison/Laczynski?
Laughton-Vorobyev-NAK?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm not sure they put G back to wing until they need to. Right now he certainly looks like he can stick at C for a while longer.

So maybe something like...

JVR-G-TK
Lindblom-Couts-Jake
Frost-Patrick-Allison/Laczynski?
Laughton-Vorobyev-NAK?
And that is fine. And actually, might make more sense so there there is not so much youth at C for a year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In theory I agree but if Seguin is coming back you make that deal every day of the week...just not this particular deal. Ghost for Seguin as a centerpiece is fine with me I just don't like Jake/Ghost for Seguin. You could then call up Myers and ride that for a bit to see how it goes. I would imagine Myers is not going to fill the hole left by Ghost, so you could then flip one of our prospects for an NHL ready young defenseman. Idk who that would be and who the prospects going out would be but I'd be open to that scenario.

This is not a bad way of looking at it, but Dallas wouldn't do a Seguin for Ghost deal.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad