GDT: Flyers @ Caps - 9/27/13 @ 7 PM

Liberati0n*

Caps and Flyers really don't like each other this pre-season. Both pre-season games and the rookie game have been violent.

Hopefully the new division will foster deep hatreds and make for some regular season games like this. Although it would be ironic in a division named for a player with probably 0 NHL fights.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Meh. Orlov & Carrick are making it easy to send them to Hershey and Oleksy should be in the press box (at best).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Meh. Orlov & Carrick are making it easy to send them to Hershey and Oleksy should be in the press box (at best).

Carrick definitely needs to get stronger. He's being worked over a lot in the defensive zone tonight. Still looks really good with the puck, both in terms of clearing the zone and offensively, but those strengths will be mitigated by the fact we already have Green and Carlson.

Agreed that Oleksy is looking more and more like a healthy scratch. So much for our abundance of quality 3rd pairing guys.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Agreed that Oleksy is looking more and more like a healthy scratch. So much for our abundance of quality 3rd pairing guys.
Yeah, emphasis on the quality aspect. On that note I'm surprised Schmidt was sent down while Cajkovsky continues to play. I get the grit factor and he hasn't looked overwhelmed but Schmidt could have used the games better from a developmental standpoint.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Man the rebound on the 3rd goal by Neuvy was so lucky... Hits his stick flutters up over his glove and Simmonds knocks it in towards the post.

Also, unless the Capitals step up their game, which I doubt they will, they are going to be outshot for the 7th time this preseason and without Ovechkin tomorrow they're gonna get even less shots vs probably the Blackhawks opening night lineup.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Yeah, emphasis on the quality aspect. On that note I'm surprised Schmidt was sent down while Cajkovsky continues to play. I get the grit factor and he hasn't looked overwhelmed but Schmidt could have used the games better from a developmental standpoint.

Haven't been on here much but I've been saying that elsewhere; heading into camp, I thought Cajkovsky was going to start the season in Reading; now I'm wondering if the Caps are considering signing him. Not sure why they have played him as much as they have. I know he had a better rookie camp than I was expecting, but still not sure why they are giving him the games they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad