GDT: Flyers @ Caps - 9/27/13 @ 7 PM

Halpysback*

If Orlov can put it together he's up there with Carlson. He probably needs a good chunk of NHL games to do it and should be allowed to be bad in some of them.

If we ruin him because he can't come in and seize the moment in the preseason we've only screwed ourselves out of a potentially very good defenseman and the answer to our D problems.

I get the feeling McPhee is thinking the same way and Orlov stays.

Only thing notable about Hillen is the random goals he scores from the blueline on seeing eye shots.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bad blue line turn over by Grabo.

There's going to be a lot of this for the Caps this season, happened far too much for the Leafs last year.

There are going to be 2 camps when it comes to Grabo.

One, that will excuse his turnovers, tunnel vision, lack of defensive coverage because he will make some nice plays, try hard, score the occasional nice goal, and take hits.

Others, who balance out the good Grabo with the bad Grabo brings to the team.

The bottom line is winning, Grabo was an extremely inconsistent player with the Leafs during his time here.

There are times he will look like an all-star, then there times he will disappear for 10 game stretches.

You seem to be one of the more objective Caps posters, I will be curious what your observations are as the season goes on.

Cheers mate.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Grabovski should've just shut up after the game, he gave Shanahan his stupid ****ing excuse for allowing a headshot.

I thought it was a clean hit, Rinaldo was just finishing his check, his elbow was not stuck out, nor did he use it as a weapon. Sure he is a player that plays on the edge. But as a player in a position to take a hit, you have to be more aware of where you are on the ice. It's a physical league, this player should know this by now. Players play to win and for their jobs in the NHL

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
There's going to be a lot of this for the Caps this season, happened far too much for the Leafs last year.

There are going to be 2 camps when it comes to Grabo.

One, that will excuse his turnovers, tunnel vision, lack of defensive coverage because he will make some nice plays, try hard, score the occasional nice goal, and take hits.

Others, who balance out the good Grabo with the bad Grabo brings to the team.

The bottom line is winning, Grabo was an extremely inconsistent player with the Leafs during his time here.

There are times he will look like an all-star, then there times he will disappear for 10 game stretches.

You seem to be one of the more objective Caps posters, I will be curious what your observations are as the season goes on.

Cheers mate.

Actually that was the first complaint made of Grabovski and it was by a member who usually has zero people agreeing with him.

Grabovski has been fantastic.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
What I liked most about last night's game is the team not falling apart after losing a 3-goal lead. I don't know if it was confidence in Oates' system, the prospects' energy, or the team gelling. Whatever it was that gave them the ability to bounce back--in a way I didn't see much of last season--is making me hopeful for the upcoming season.

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Actually that was the first complaint made of Grabovski and it was by a member who usually has zero people agreeing with him.

Grabovski has been fantastic.

Just let them go, they are like a hideous car wreck. I want to stop looking at their posts, but I can't.

But I agree with you. Grabovski has looked good. Pleasantly surprised by the team in general to be honest.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
So Strachan on waivers per Carrera. Curious if the Caps might be considering the 6D option to keep Wilson to start with... or keeping with one of the younger D on the roster or of course, if a player clears, they don't have to be assigned.

Last edited:

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Bummer for Strachan. I thought he'd make for the perfect #7 guy. An older vet who has some NHL experience (and a lot of AHL experience), who understands his role as a #7 guy. Also big, uses his size, plays a simple defensive game, and is willing to drop the gloves. Oh well. Still stoked on Carrick!

No GDT for Chicago tonight?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
guys good to hear Grabo has fit in. always liked him.

what do your lines look like then to start the season..

Liberati0n*

So, I'm watching this game on DVR as I was out of town - what is the story with the old Cap Centre-lighting? Very dark in the Verizon Center.

They think if they adopt MSG's lighting they'll be able to beat the Rangers in the playoffs this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->