GDT: Flyers @ Caps - 9/27/13 @ 7 PM

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I know he's scoring, but he's getting wide open by the net too much, he's not top 6, its a hot streak don't fall for it Oates.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Another example of Oates being weird, Ovechkin scores goal, on the bench afterwards.

Fehr scores goal, gets another shift.

Did it all last year and it was only Ovechkin's line that never got shifts after goals.

Liberati0n*

Trivia question: It's the Islanders, right? Unless the Bruins won several in the 70s (no idea)?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I think I'd like to have two-three guys who drop em on a regular basis in the lineup every night. It really gives this team a whole different identity on top of the talented top lines they have.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Interesting, by Neuvy just stood there and let the puck go by him behind the net... Hopefully they don't keep trying doing that and another video coach figure that out.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Man the rebound on the 3rd goal by Neuvy was so lucky... Hits his stick flutters up over his glove and Simmonds knocks it in towards the post.

Also, unless the Capitals step up their game, which I doubt they will, they are going to be outshot for the 7th time this preseason and without Ovechkin tomorrow they're gonna get even less shots vs probably the Blackhawks opening night lineup.

The breakout isn't happening much which would help the transition game.

Alzner is the only vet defender playing. Oleksy can't be considered a vet yet especially since his first season was the lockout one. Orlov, Strachen, Carrick and Cajkovski can't be expected to be NHL players yet.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
As an outside observer, any idea what's gotten into Fehr?

Worked hard in offseason, clicking with Oates' system, etc?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad