Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Only reason they are flaring up is cause its the end of the year and #4 is aging out. All signs point to Rolf gaining operational control back and hopefully building this franchise into a perennial contender. Time and actions will tell. But id 99% guarantee Rolf gets control back and keeps Wellwood for atleast 1 more season.

Reactions: Hockey61fan

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Yes, but typically only from Na Da No.

That's not true at all, that OHLinsider dude was doing this late last year and during the last summer too.

Late last season it was Phil Hagerman and the Diplomat group that was "interested".

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I talked to OHLinsider and he doesn’t think it’ll happen but he is hearing the rumors floated around again. He doesn’t think Rolf wants to sell the franchise either. But anything can happen. We could be wrong and they go some low tier pro.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
That's not true at all, that OHLinsider dude was doing this late last year and during the last summer too.

Late last season it was Phil Hagerman and the Diplomat group that was "interested".
That is why I said typically.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Well, that's two people. Who knows what will happen? I hope we continue having Major Junior Hockey. I think that is something we all agree on.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Gotcha, makes sense just was curious cause i was googling it and couldn't find anything. Did find an old article about IMS buying the rinks in Flint and wanting a USHL team originally. And also an interesting article from the Freep about the second firing and the sons comments about the whole thing. But thats old news as we all know. So now is it a #makeitwright movement now that he got the exceptional status?

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Flint is 1pt ahead and Kingston only has Ottawa x2 and Oshawa x2 left. The race for Shane Wright is over.

Dammit, was hoping he would end up in Flint. The d-man Clarke sounds like a real good one, not a bad consolation at all.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
McTavish, Othmann, Lockhart too; it seems like top 5 is a real advantage in drafting ON born this year
I'd be surprised if they went with Clarke, just because they have a solid D core when everybody is healthy and that's not even including Power. They lack goal scorers up front though, so if they view the talent level between Clarke and those 3 as close, I think they go with an F. I was a bit concerned about Othmann because I had read he doesn't have exceptional top speed or a great first 3 steps but I was talking to an NHL scout who watches the GTHL and when I expressed my concerns and said that worried me he just said "Don't". Said something along the lines of it NOT going to be an issue with him. So, that's good news, but now I don't know which of those 3 I wanna see land in Flint.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
With Shane Wright getting granted Exceptional status today you had to figure they were gonna do the worst of all possible options.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
With Shane Wright getting granted Exceptional status today you had to figure they were gonna do the worst of all possible options.

It was over before it started. Kingston isn't winning another game. Won't be shocked to see us pick up 3 or 4 more points.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
I can second that and he seemed genuinely enthusiastic and confident about the team turning a corner and having success next year. I just hope he realizes that he can have a major impact on that if he spends and plays his cards right.
Not sure but I think as long as the OHL is in control Rolf cannot interfere with the operations of the team which would include playing his cards right. I think he gives them a certain amount of money to run the team and he cant do anything else. But again I am not 100% sure on all the stipulations.
I am glad to hear that even though his son will no longer be playing he is still committed to keeping the team in Flint.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I think the rumors of an ECHL team are more of a running joke these days.. I'll lose my mind laughing if it actually happens, but I'd put my money against it. Firebirds stay in Flint.

Nothing personal, but rooting for you guys the next few games vs. The Spits. I'd love for Windsor to get a Top 4 Pick in the draft, I just don't know if Erie has it in them. I'd imagine Kingston takes Wright, Flint takes a Top Forward, Windsor takes the Top D man, granted, we can lose out.

If only we could trade Flint coaches in the offseason. Seems like Wellwood turned it around and pretty quick. Hoping to make it out for a Chocolate Chip Cookie, Some Dippin Dots and a mediocre (at best) hockey game tomorrow at the Dort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino