Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Should anything be made of Susana Wight, head of the Firebirds sales and marketing since our inception, moving across town to the new Flint City Bucks Soccer Team run by President Costa Papista?

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Should anything be made of Susana Wight, head of the Firebirds sales and marketing since our inception, moving across town to the new Flint City Bucks Soccer Team run by President Costa Papista?
I wouldn't read anything into it. Just a person taking a job with someone she has worked with in the past. Happens all the time. Also she has actually been out with Firebirds for 2 years now I believe so "since our inception" isn't really accurate. Teams original Sales and Marketing head would be more on point.

Also it really has nothing to do with the Firebirds.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Guess I better get there early so I can stand in line behind all the non season ticket holders at the season ticket holders entrance. :mad:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Guess I better get there early so I can stand in line behind all the non season ticket holders at the season ticket holders entrance. :mad:

You stand in a line there?

I don't think I've ever been behind more then 2 or 3 people.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
3 times this year I have. last Saturday when I arrived I stood in line behind 50 people. did not see a single season ticket anywhere. had them bring some groups down from the BL club like they were giving a tour and cut them in right in front of me once. Last Saturday they were just letting anyone with a ticket use the entrance rather open a second door for the fair weather fans. pretty irritating.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
3 times this year I have. last Saturday when I arrived I stood in line behind 50 people. did not see a single season ticket anywhere. had them bring some groups down from the BL club like they were giving a tour and cut them in right in front of me once. Last Saturday they were just letting anyone with a ticket use the entrance rather open a second door for the fair weather fans. pretty irritating.
You know that not all season ticket holders (as well as the player's families, billet families, and guests) have those fancy printed tickets, but are encouraged to use that entrance, right??? And oftentimes those groups that are treated in the Blue Line Club before the games are involved in on-ice presentations or ceremonies and need to be expedited down to ice level for those reasons.

Last edited:

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
You know that not all season ticket holders (as well as the player's families, billet families, and guests) have those fancy printed tickets, but are encouraged to use that entrance, right??? And oftentimes those groups that are treated in the Blue Line Club before the games are involved in on-ice presentations or ceremonies and need to be expedited down to ice level for those reasons.
I know that I have been to every home game since the team came to town and I'm not an idiot. I know when it is walk ups lining up there a half hour after the doors opened but excuse me for for having an opinion on the apparent loss of my exclusive season ticket holder perk. I must have been born yesterday. Condescend much?

Reactions: MJ5

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
I know that I have been to every home game since the team came to town and I'm not an idiot. I know when it is walk ups lining up there a half hour after the doors opened but excuse me for for having an opinion on the apparent loss of my exclusive season ticket holder perk. I must have been born yesterday. Condescend much?
Wow...caught you at a sensitive moment, I guess. Didn't mean it that way at all, but damn.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Play nice you two. Dont like the posters I respect getting into it over the STH line. I have gotten frustrated a few times being behind on a ton of people in that line this year who clearly weren't part of ceremonies or STH's though. If it's 5-10, no big deal. When the puck is about to drop and there's line people in line though... kinda sucks.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I think a lot of the goaltending issues fix themselves once there's some team defense being played in front of them. Goaltending isn't a position that I'm overly concerned about going forward, and I don't hear a lot of the people that watch the team night-in and night-out worried about it either. I can totally understand, however, how someone who only sees stats or a single game would think this. These two guys have been hung out to dry on a lot of nights.
Spot on.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Play nice you two. Dont like the posters I respect getting into it over the STH line. I have gotten frustrated a few times being behind on a ton of people in that line this year who clearly weren't part of ceremonies or STH's though. If it's 5-10, no big deal. When the puck is about to drop and there's line people in line though... kinda sucks.

What time do you guys show up? lol I'm stunned I've never ran into this.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Nah, we're cool. In re-reading my post, I can see how it could be have been interpreted as snarky. Didn't mean it to be.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
With the sellout crowd or near sellout crowd we are going to have tonight. With the bad season this team has had. There can be no doubt to me anyway that if we had a good product on the ice. Flint would be a very good OHL franchise attendance wise. I think next season is going to be much better IF management doesnt screw things up.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Ohhh. It's a love fest. As for the game tonight? Here's to a great showing before a packed house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad