Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Was great to see the team battle last night. Considering their record these boys are not giving up. Shows true character. It has to be difficult to not be on the winning side but let's all remember they have had a lot of adversity since the beginning.
Lost 2 top D to injury
Coach resigned
1 D unable to play in the US

Now that they are getting some consistency I have faith the W will be just around the corner.

I shake my head reading all the negative comments on this forum and on social media. Although no one likes losing, the players read these comments and it menatally affects them like it does all athletes. If you have nothing good to say dont say it. Keep it to yourself.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Was great to see the team battle last night. Considering their record these boys are not giving up. Shows true character. It has to be difficult to not be on the winning side but let's all remember they have had a lot of adversity since the beginning.
Lost 2 top D to injury
Coach resigned
1 D unable to play in the US

Now that they are getting some consistency I have faith the W will be just around the corner.

I shake my head reading all the negative comments on this forum and on social media. Although no one likes losing, the players read these comments and it menatally affects them like it does all athletes. If you have nothing good to say dont say it. Keep it to yourself.

Nothing comes easy in life, these kids are tough. They are all learning a lesson that will only make them stronger. Read through my past posts. My negative comments have not been directed specifically to Firebird players or coaching staff.

My comments are towards Rolf Nilsen and the OHL and the current state of hockey in Flint.

0-12-1 is suppose to be a rebuild? 0-12-1 is an implosion.

People need to grow up when they tell others on an opinionated forum that "If you have nothing good to say don't say it. Keep it to yourself."

What Nilsen and the OHL has done to hockey here in Flint is disgraceful. You tell me what is so positive about 0-12-1 and a never ending rebuild.

Pink Out the Rink has proven to be a popular promotion that the Firebirds do. So much so that crowds of 3,000+ were always in attendance. Last night that was not the case, an announced figure of 1,983 (if you really believe that). Flint area hockey fans are not stupid and realize what is going on and are staying away from the Dort. That is reality, things will not improve as long as Nilsen and the OHL are in charge of this "circus."

Whats sad is that the players and coaching staff are taking the hits, while Nilsen and the OHL are still in command. It's no wonder why players refuse to want to play in Flint and NHL teams at all costs prevent from sending their prospects here.

Last edited:

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Nothing comes easy in life, these kids are tough. They are all learning a lesson that will only make them stronger. Read through my past posts. My negative comments have not been directed specifically to Firebird players or coaching staff.

My comments are towards Rolf Nilsen and the OHL and the current state of hockey in Flint.

0-12-1 is suppose to be a rebuild? 0-12-1 is an implosion.

People need to grow up when they tell others on an opinionated forum that "If you have nothing good to say don't say it. Keep it to yourself."

What Nilsen and the OHL has done to hockey here in Flint is disgraceful. You tell me what is so positive about 0-12-1 and a never ending rebuild.

Pink in the Rink has proven to be a popular promotion that the Firebirds do. So much so that crowds of 3,000+ were always in attendance. Last night that was not the case, an announced figure of 1,983 (if you really believe that). Flint area hockey fans are not stupid and realize what is going on and are staying away from the Dort. That is reality, things will not improve as long as Nilsen and the OHL are in charge of this "circus."

Whats sad is that the players and coaching staff are taking the hits, while Nilsen and the OHL are still in command. It's no wonder why players refuse to want to play in Flint and NHL teams at all costs prevent from sending their prospects here.
First let me start by saying that I never directed my comment to anyone in particular. It was meant for all negative posts referencing players and coaches.
I agree that the league and upper management are not doing what they should for the good of the team. You would think that having a team run by the league would be a competitor but it is like they are trying to force Nilsen into selling.

Reactions: TcNorth

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The one very good thing that the group of OHL execs along with Stephan has done is not panic and just stay with the rebuild plan and time line. Of the 15 players born ‘00 & ‘01, there are 4-1sts, 5-2nds, 2-3rds, and an import. They have also maintained a surplus of picks.
Maybe, they can add an OA F to help now; but, it’s really up to the coach to get these kids going in the right direction and rolling before next season.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I wish we had a roster with a few extra so Veirling could sit awhile. Kid doesn't care at all, gives absolutely no effort.

Reactions: Packman

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I agree with MJ5. Thought I was the only one that’s been seeing it for a while now.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I agree with MJ5. Thought I was the only one that’s been seeing it for a while now.
Wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he doesn't care at all.

Wonder how long Roberts will be out, looked like a dislocated shoulder for him.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
How appropriate for "Trick or Treat at the Rink"...

A FREAK SHOW on the ICE.

As Hennig states at the end of each broadcast "Thanks, Rolf and the OHL,"... this couldn't be happening without you.

All 1,757 (please, stop lying with the attendance figures) now won't have to go to a Haunted House to get spooked.

Over 2,800+ for last years "Trick or Treat at the Rink". 1,757 (stop lying) today and this with the offer of two FREE Kids tickets for each adult ticket purchased.

0-13-1 is NOT a rebuild...Fix this OHL, YOU are in CHARGE for you are losing your integrity here in Flint.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
I am a season ticket holder so i will come to the games the rest of the year and support the boys. After that as long as the league is running it i am done. Rolfe an the league have taken what could have been a good viable hockey franchise and run it into the ice. If the team is sold and taken some where else it is NOT the fault of the fans. If the team had been run right the fans would have been there.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
The one very good thing that the group of OHL execs along with Stephan has done is not panic and just stay with the rebuild plan and time line. Of the 15 players born ‘00 & ‘01, there are 4-1sts, 5-2nds, 2-3rds, and an import. They have also maintained a surplus of picks.
Maybe, they can add an OA F to help now; but, it’s really up to the coach to get these kids going in the right direction and rolling before next season.

not panic. lol. Stay with the rebuild plan, sounds familiar. :)

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I’ll continue the buy season tickets as long as the team is here...if another league comes in I won’t

Good, you can be the last one to turn off the lights. Dallas has demanded that Dellandrea be dealt. Any of you OHL fans interested in seeing him in your jersey?

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Good, you can be the last one to turn off the lights. Dallas has demanded that Dellandrea be dealt. Any of you OHL fans interested in seeing him in your jersey?
Wonder if Branch and Papineau can connect on a deal for Dellandrea and Gordeev. If we could send Murray along with Gilhula and Candella and a 2nd rounder would that get it done? Maybe we can also add in the rights to Ty Embersson. A Branch pick!

WJ

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Hey N Da No, you do realize you have a choice that if don’t like supporting Flint, go support one of the other 19 teams! We won’t miss you lol

Season ticket holder here since the Firebirds have been in Flint. Don't tell me who to support, as I'm not telling you who to support.

Behind the players and coaches here. They don't deserve what they are confronted with.

Don't worry you won't miss me, I ain't going nowhere.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Season ticket holder here since the Firebirds have been in Flint. Don't tell me who to support, as I'm not telling you who to support.

Behind the players and coaches here. They don't deserve what they are confronted with.

Don't worry you won't miss me, I ain't going nowhere.

Well would you quit complaining so much?

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Thank you MJ5!!!

N Da No, Everyone feels the same frustrations, but reality is it’s not going to be fixed by you complaining on this forum. How about you call or go see BB yourself and let him know how you feel.

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
No complaining here, just opinions from facts.

20140528-145749-53869074.jpg

Yes, you complain a lot.

Reactions: Packman

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Thank you MJ5!!!

N Da No, Everyone feels the same frustrations, but reality is it’s not going to be fixed by you complaining on this forum. How about you call or go see BB yourself and let him know how you feel.

How do you know that I haven't already confronted Barclay Branch (BB) to let him know how I feel? Have you? You yourself stated in your post that everyone is frustrated.

Just ask other longtime OHL fans and followers about BB, they will tell you all about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad