Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Can't believe that 2 seconds and a 3rd rounder were given away for a player with a poor attitude and 1 point in 25 games.

Reactions: TcNorth

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
What is it with this Flint team as to why they are off to such a poor start?
Poor use of OA spots
Poor use of Import picks
Front office turnover
Coaching changes
Huge holes in defense due to injury
Constant changing of linemates
Once you start losing, it's tough to stop losing
Immigration
Youth
Poor return on trades
Forwards playing defense

...what did I forget????

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hello from OS; Wondering what the posters here think of Attack OA #8 LW/Lyszczarczyk?
He is available for trade and if slotted into this Flint line-up he would be the leading scorer with; 8gp ; 4g + 7ast = 11pts.
Fair value in a deal may be; 3'rd/2019 & 5'th/2020
Any thoughts on this idea to strengthen the Firebirds forward group?

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Hello from OS; Wondering what the posters here think of Attack OA #8 LW/Lyszczarczyk?
He is available for trade and if slotted into this Flint line-up he would be the leading scorer with; 8gp ; 4g + 7ast = 11pts.
Fair value in a deal may be; 3'rd/2019 & 5'th/2020
Any thoughts on this idea to strengthen the Firebirds forward group?
As far as on the ice right now...Hell yes. Flint needs a player like him desperately right now.

As far as building for the future...doesn't make much sense for Flint to unload future assets for someone who can only help for this season, when this season's outcome seems almost already determined. If acquiring him means an increased chance of holding onto guys like Dellandrea and some others, though...

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
To quote from one NHL GM..."Their (Flint) 0-11 and things are only going to get worse.

It was bad enough to have one act of nepotism and now there's a double feature going on there (who's your daddy?)

You won't be seeing any of my prospects sent to that toxic disaster."

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Poor use of OA spots
Poor use of Import picks
Front office turnover
Coaching changes
Huge holes in defense due to injury
Constant changing of linemates
Once you start losing, it's tough to stop losing
Immigration
Youth
Poor return on trades
Forwards playing defense

...what did I forget????
Yup.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
As far as on the ice right now...Hell yes. Flint needs a player like him desperately right now.

As far as building for the future...doesn't make much sense for Flint to unload future assets for someone who can only help for this season, when this season's outcome seems almost already determined. If acquiring him means an increased chance of holding onto guys like Dellandrea and some others, though...
Exactly. After Lynch, Lyszczarczyk was at the top of my OA wish list followed by Chiodo. Now though? I wouldn't be doing ANY buying unless the staff said they needed that type of spark in the room and on the ice. Also, do we really want Barclay doing more shopping at the OHL store with the draft pick credit card?

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
A few more ...

- D rushing too often while the fowards are waiting at the blue line. I’m all for rushing, but if you see your Forward at the blue line, pass it don’t have them wait and skate by them. That’s just not a smart player or a player who doesn’t see the ice.
- Unnecessary penalties by certain players.
- Need more urgency from some players.
- Older players who have been lacking in scoring this year.

Thinking perhaps some forwards may be playing defensively because they don’t have the confidence in their D or goalies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toldyaso

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Can happen quickly, too, as evidenced by your Colts recent worst-to-first finish. Our fingers are crossed...thanks!
Except the difference is their worst to first was a planned tank job to get 1st overall picks. Barrie used that once before and worked out for them. A new way shorten the cycle.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I think the only solution for Flint fans is an ownership change followed by yet another full front office blow out. Then let the new group establish some consistency. It's likely at best a three year problem.

Reactions: TcNorth

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Gotta feel for the city of Flint. Hopefully things can turnover and get better. All the best!
Yes especially here in Sudbury where we know only too well what it’s like to have a train wreck for an organization. I feel like it’s deja-vu with Branch’s involvement etc and it starts from the top down. This isn’t right and it’s a shame. Anyway many of us in the OHL community are wishing you the best and hoping it turns around sooner rather than later

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Yes especially here in Sudbury where we know only too well what it’s like to have a train wreck for an organization. I feel like it’s deja-vu with Branch’s involvement etc and it starts from the top down. This isn’t right and it’s a shame. Anyway many of us in the OHL community are wishing you the best and hoping it turns around sooner rather than later
same guy making incredibly poor deals;

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Question to the audience: Once Nilsen either gets control of the Firebirds back from the OHL or the Firebirds are sold; can Barclay Branch be fired?

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Did anybody else happen to notice that Terry Christensen was sitting alongside Rolf in his suite during the Barrie game?

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Question to the audience: Once Nilsen either gets control of the Firebirds back from the OHL or the Firebirds are sold; can Barclay Branch be fired?

Once Nilsen gets control back he is 100% firing everyone that the league hired (Minus maybe the coaches)

If he sells, I gotta imagine Branch would be given 1 season or part of 1 then fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->