Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
This is the first game hes coaching. How can you criticize his lines?
I'm not sure Roberts is best suited as a C at this level. He was having success on Ty's wing last year and it seemed to suit his game better. I guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to seeing Vierling on that top line as a winger.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Good evening everybody. I just wanted to know if anybody has a game worn Firebirds jersey they would be willing to sell? Color, Player, Year doesn't matter. Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful weekend.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Good evening everybody. I just wanted to know if anybody has a game worn Firebirds jersey they would be willing to sell? Color, Player, Year doesn't matter. Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful weekend.
Try and contact or stop by the Pro Shop. A lot of the better ones get snagged (Pink-Out jersey auctions post game tomorrow) but the store usually has a few in stock. If I recall, the prices weren't too bad either. Right now would definitely be the time to shop or come bid before they string a W or maybe even 2 together.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Try and contact or stop by the Pro Shop. A lot of the better ones get snagged (Pink-Out jersey auctions post game tomorrow) but the store usually has a few in stock. If I recall, the prices weren't too bad either. Right now would definitely be the time to shop or come bid before they string a W or maybe even 2 together.
Sav thank's for the information. I actually live in Sarnia. I purchased one last year directly from the team however in the Spring it got stolen. It's quite pricey considering the exchange rate. I paid almost $400 CAD for it. I'll have to email the team and get a list of what's currently available. I sent one in the summer to no avail though.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Cavallin has played fairly well on a few occasions this year. He's let in a couple soft ones late after getting shelled. Vella will let them in early. Neither has gotten any goal support or quality D play in front of them though. Vella has a habit of drifting out too far. That's a recipe for disaster the way this team lets pucks move laterally with a guy open on the far side. Gordeev with yet another forgettable performance turning the puck over immediately after Vella gets pulled. It's way too early to judge but Kolyachonok looked like our best D already. I don't know why he can all of a sudden be eligible to play in Canada now but still not in the States. That makes little sense. Lucas Rowe was dressed quickly and in the stands after taking the puck to the face the other night. Must be concussion I'm guessing. Hopefully that's short term. The boys are looking better but still really lacking in ability to finish...or generate many quality chances. You're struggling. Just fire it on net sometimes, it doesn't have to make the highlights every time.

Reactions: Hockey61fan

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Cavallin has played fairly well on a few occasions this year. He's let in a couple soft ones late after getting shelled. Vella will let them in early. Neither has gotten any goal support or quality D play in front of them though. Vella has a habit of drifting out too far. That's a recipe for disaster the way this team lets pucks move laterally with a guy open on the far side. Gordeev with yet another forgettable performance turning the puck over immediately after Vella gets pulled. It's way too early to judge but Kolyachonok looked like our best D already. I don't know why he can all of a sudden be eligible to play in Canada now but still not in the States. That makes little sense. Lucas Rowe was dressed quickly and in the stands after taking the puck to the face the other night. Must be concussion I'm guessing. Hopefully that's short term. The boys are looking better but still really lacking in ability to finish...or generate many quality chances. You're struggling. Just fire it on net sometimes, it doesn't have to make the highlights every time.
I agree neither have had the D support in front of them. Hopefully with Kolyachonok in the line up and Busby and McCourt back things will improve.
Is Koly only able to play in Canada? If so it is probably cause he had Cdn immigration papers. Any word on his US papers?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I agree neither have had the D support in front of them. Hopefully with Kolyachonok in the line up and Busby and McCourt back things will improve.
Is Koly only able to play in Canada? If so it is probably cause he had Cdn immigration papers. Any word on his US papers?

Really hope thats not the case with Koly. I hope hes finally in the lineup to stick.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Sarnia announcers said he's only playing on their side of the border for now and won't be in the lineup this weekend. Said Wellwood and the boys just met him for a second tonight before the puck drop. I think the Soo is the only time they've played on that side of the border since they acquired him. I'm guessing he's still staying with his billets in London for now and since they're only about an hour or so from Sarnia....game on. Well, it's now confirmed for sure he's a Firebird so hopefully this gets fixed soon.

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017
.....just going through emails and got to the Firebirds Weekend Promotions email. The Pink-Out jersey in the email picture is something 8. There is no #8 on the team. No player that wears a number that ends in 8. Kolyachonok is listed as 18 on the OHL/Firebirds websites. Let's hope that's a good sign.[/QUOTE
.....just going through emails and got to the Firebirds Weekend Promotions email. The Pink-Out jersey in the email picture is something 8. There is no #8 on the team. No player that wears a number that ends in 8. Kolyachonok is listed as 18 on the OHL/Firebirds websites. Let's hope that's a good sign.
They’ve had a #8 all season...Defenseman Biaconi

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Oh yeah, that kid. He's only been impressive like every night. I was thinking nobody had been wearing #8 since Dane Johnston.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

He must be good to go in games played in the US too; his paperwork would be his guarantee of medical insurance and school package?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
He must be good to go in games played in the US too; his paperwork would be his guarantee of medical insurance and school package?
Sarnia announcers seemed pretty confident he wouldn't be playing today or tomorrow in Flint. I'd love for them to be mistaken. Kolyachonok looked good.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
5 D tonight. Yikes..... let's hope Koly gets the go ahead soon and Busby and McCourt get back soon. Has to be so frustrating.....

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Hatcher is the biggest baby in the OHL. Holy shit.

Dellandrea gets the shit beat out of him all game long, no calls.

Officiating is a f***ing joke.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
One guy I probably haven't been critical enough of is Connor Roberts. Glad I waited. Dellandrea, Keppen, Uba and Winterton look to be rolling now. If they can add Roberts and a few others to the list it will help. Glad to see CJ stick up for Ty. He knew what he was getting into with Hatcher and he did it anyway. Good for him. Hopefully that says something about the locker room coming together. They gotta do a better job of killing that instigator for CJ. Cavallin has to be moving closer to being goalie 1a and not 1b. Gotta think Vella gets the quick turnaround start against a very good Ice Dogs team tomorrow. Hopefully the boys don't play tired and carry some momentum from tonight. It's a point. They came back and fought to stay in the game. Gordeev's numbers looked good and it was a slightly better performance but....in 3 on 3 OT, possession and puck control is the name of the game. Fedor cannot go solo and get a pee wee AA strength shot on net resulting in the puck being turned up ice while skates to the bench. That play resulted in the loss. To be fair, his hit behind the net in the 3rd played a major role in getting it tied up though. Need to see more of the latter and Fedor playing more like he did in late 17-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad