TSN: : Flames and Canes talked about Lindholm trade. Could be part of a bigger deal.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Botts needs to get in on this situation if theres a problem between Canes and Lindholm. I like his upside compared to his likely current value.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't see an add there, the rumoured deal is Hamilton for Hanifin and Lindholm.

I'm a bit surprised that someone listened to and/or read that and concluded the "rumored deal" is Hamilton for Hanifin and Lindholm. From what I can tell, is that Pierre said that Calgary has inquired about Lindholm and he heard Hamilton's name mentioned and then went on and speculated about a bigger deal and completely speculated about Hanifin.

The only "rumor" is that Calgary inquired about Lindholm. The rest of it is just a couple of guys speculating.

"Pierre- "It could go either way, while it's more likely the Skinner/Faulk are dealt over the next week or two, Lindholm is garnering way more attention, and his contract talks so far are not going well and if they can't sign him they are ready to deal him. One of the teams I'm told that has had conversations with the Hurricanes is the Calgary Flames. That could be a part of a bigger deal, I've heard the name Dougie Hamilton mentioned, would Calgary have interest in Noah Hanifin? Whatever the case is those discussions happened a couple weeks ago, I'm not so sure right now that they're on the front burner, that could change in a hurry. The reason for that is that Carolina is meeting with Lindholm's agent, taking another crack at signing him, if it doesn't go well maybe they take a look at trading him.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'm a bit surprised that someone listened to and/or read that and concluded the "rumored deal" is Hamilton for Hanifin and Lindholm. From what I can tell, is that Pierre said that Calgary has inquired about Lindholm and he heard Hamilton's name mentioned and then went on and speculated about a bigger deal and completely speculated about Hanifin.

The only "rumor" is that Calgary inquired about Lindholm. The rest of it is just a couple of guys speculating.

"Pierre- "It could go either way, while it's more likely the Skinner/Faulk are dealt over the next week or two, Lindholm is garnering way more attention, and his contract talks so far are not going well and if they can't sign him they are ready to deal him. One of the teams I'm told that has had conversations with the Hurricanes is the Calgary Flames. That could be a part of a bigger deal, I've heard the name Dougie Hamilton mentioned, would Calgary have interest in Noah Hanifin? Whatever the case is those discussions happened a couple weeks ago, I'm not so sure right now that they're on the front burner, that could change in a hurry. The reason for that is that Carolina is meeting with Lindholm's agent, taking another crack at signing him, if it doesn't go well maybe they take a look at trading him.

Legit though, what do you want from the Flames realistically for Lindholm? Or what will you add to Lindholm for Hamilton?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Does Carolina even need Hamilton?

Nope

Why does Carolina need to add a Defenseman as the main part of the package? Bennett has draft pos and all but he's sort of s downgrade on offense where they could use some help.

Makes 0 sense

They don’t need Hamilton and they don’t need Bennett. You are right, 0 sense for Carolina.

This is just Calgary fans trying to force a square block through a round hole. Carolina isn’t paying massive value to supplement their only strength. Slavin-Pesce is already one of the best top-pairs in the NHL. The Canes need a 1C and a 1G.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
He is our most valuable piece we can afford to give up for a good forward. We're gonna have to pony up a great player if we want that forward we desperately need
25 year old 45-50 point 6'6 great skating defense-man don't grow on trees, if he's traded it better be for a future superstar not a Lindholm

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Power of wishful thinking.

You are right. At no point does he say anything remotely close to Hanifin + Lindholm for Hamilton.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
He is our most valuable piece we can afford to give up for a good forward. We're gonna have to pony up a great player if we want that forward we desperately need
And that Elias Lindholm? If Calgary is giving up Hamilton, they should get a better player than Lindholm back...

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I don't see Hamilton having any more value than his first trade, so I don't think he gets both Hanifin and Lindholm. Theres really no point in the Canes trading for him anyways, they need a centre not a dman.

Are you for real?

Hamilton scored 17 goals as a 25 y old defenseman and is signed for 3 more years at 5.75 M per. It was a bargain at the time of the trade, and I think any GM that refuses to trade for him for a mid first, mid second and late second round pick should be fired on the spot.

I mean, even if you don't need him, flip him a la Doug Wilson for fair value to someone else afterwards.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Are you for real?

Hamilton scored 17 goals as a 25 y old defenseman and is signed for 3 more years at 5.75 M per. It was a bargain at the time of the trade, and I think any GM that refuses to trade for him for a mid first, mid second and late second round pick should be fired on the spot.

I mean, even if you don't need him, flip him a la Doug Wilson for fair value to someone else afterwards.

Oh i was really surprise he was traded 3 years ago and for that price. Just as surprised his name is poping up again, which is fishy to me after only 3 years.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if his traded value now is higher though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh i was really surprise he was traded 3 years ago and for that price. Just as surprised his name is poping up again, which is fishy to me after only 3 years.

His name is coming up because we are offensively inept and he is our best trading chip to get a top line forward.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

Trading Hamilton could or could not be because of character/locker room issues.

The Flames are very deep at D in the NHL and prospect wise. We simply are in a position to trade from D for help at F and Hamilton is IMO at a very high value point and we should capitalize on it if the right deal is on the table.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Bennett + Rittich for Lindy?
You drive a hard bargain... but ok.

tenor.gif

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Yes cause Bennett is playing in the AHL. Lindholm as it stands is the suprior player obviously but come on...

I am not convinced that a 22 year old Bennett who scored 26 points in each of the past 2 years deserves a spot over the Canes current young, bottom-6 left handed wingers and centers Victor Rask, Brock McGinn, Valentin Zykov (7 points in 10 games), Warren Foegele (3 points in 2 games), Janne Kuokkanen, Aleksi Saarela, Nicolas Roy, Julien Gauthier, etc.

Only so many spots for an already young team.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I am not convinced that a 22 year old Bennett who scored 26 points in each of the past 2 years deserves a spot over the Canes current young, bottom-6 left handed wingers and centers Victor Rask, Brock McGinn, Valentin Zykov (7 points in 10 games), Warren Foegele (3 points in 2 games), Janne Kuokkanen, Aleksi Saarela, Nicolas Roy, Julien Gauthier, etc.

I simply argued your point saying that Bennett is borderline NHL player.

Just defending Bennett against your claim. Not saying Canes would do that trade that you replied to nor should they.

I'm in the camp that if the Flames trade Hamilton, it should be 1 for 1 for someone like Stone. Canes and Flames just don't line up to be trading partners IMO.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

The only reason Bennett scored 26 points in each of the past two years is because Glen Gulutzan was possibly the worst coach in the NHL at anything that didn't involve 5v5 corsi generating systems, and he actively tanked Bennett's career. Bennett's more talented than Lindholm on a whole, and if given an opportunity is the single highest upside player on Calgary's entire roster with legitimate 90pt and Selke type talent. The idea that that list of LWers would deserve a spot over Bennett based on merit is not surprising from someone who's never seen what Bennett is capable of. There are short-sighted Flames fans who would love to trade Bennett for pennies on the dollar, but not this one. I honestly don't think even Carolina's best players, i.e. Aho or Teravainen, are worth what Bennett can become.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Are you that desperate to add a 20-30 point forward to the roster? Lindholm is the best player in this deal by a mile. Heck Lindholm might be the only NHLer in this deal.

You're being intellectually dishonest. You're overcompensating to defend the Hurricanes honor on the trade board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad