TSN: : Flames and Canes talked about Lindholm trade. Could be part of a bigger deal.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't see an add there, the rumoured deal is Hamilton for Hanifin and Lindholm.

Hanifin is not Dougie good, but he’s very good. He was an allstar this year and he could very well at end being close to what Dougie is. I don’t know what it would be, but I do think Flames add something.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Why is Hamilton's name being mentioned so often? One would think Calgary would keep him....no?

We have four RHD who should be playing in the NHL next year. Hamonic is probably the safest bet to stay since we just traded for him. The safe bet is we find a home for Michael Stone, but he's not worth a lot. Due to our excess at the position, there's a thought in some people that Hamilton could be used as trade bait to land an elite forward.

The problem with Lindholm/Hanifin is that is doesn't really meet the criteria of elite forward.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
We have four RHD who should be playing in the NHL next year. Hamonic is probably the safest bet to stay since we just traded for him. The safe bet is we find a home for Michael Stone, but he's not worth a lot. Due to our excess at the position, there's a thought in some people that Hamilton could be used as trade bait to land an elite forward.

The problem with Lindholm/Hanifin is that is doesn't really meet the criteria of elite forward.

Even if Lindholm isn't an elite forward, Hanfin solidies our Dcorps. Lindholm is underrated and would easily be our best RHS forward by far and most likely the best forward that Gaudreau and Monahan has played with minus 2014-2015 Hudler.

Reactions: super6646

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I come to this board very infrequently, so I have to multi-quote:

I don't really want to trade Dougie Hamilton and really don't want Hanifin(not at the cost of Dougie Hamilton but it will take Dougie Hamilton) what about something around TJ Brodie for Lindholm.

It is just a rumor, I don't think anything will come out of it.

Not only is it just a rumor, it's an old rumor. Usually, by the time a rumor comes out, the teams have already moved on. This one is pretty stale, but the Flames having the Canes' old coach makes it intriguing, nonetheless. Plus, there seems to be at least something of a fit.

I don't see an add there, the rumoured deal is Hamilton for Hanifin and Lindholm.

It wasn't a rumored deal, it was a bunch of players being discussed. And even if it was a "rumored deal," what exactly does that mean? It's not like that's the *only* thing we can chime in on. Is it?

That’s way too much for the Canes to pay for dougie.

I don't think it's *way* too much, but it's a lot. Hamilton does have three years left at a very good number and he would immediately be our No. 1 d-man. That's going to cost. As Canes fans on this board know, I have no love whatsoever for Lindholm and very little for Hanifin, but we're dealing two No. 5 overall picks who have yet to hit their prime, so we've got to get a second asset. I personally don't think either Lindholm or Hanifin will reach their ceilings, and I'd love to do this deal if the add is reasonable. Tyler Parsons?

Having said that, I don't want the Canes to trade for this guy until he officially changes his name to "Doug," because I'm not calling a 25-year-old man Dougie.

How do you figure? If anything I think the Flames should reject that. Hanifin has not exactly showed much since being drafted and Lindholm is a 40 point forward. How in the world is that an overpayment for a top end 24 year old RS RD?

He turned 25 three days ago. And I think your critiques of Lindholm and Hanifin are a little overly negative, but you're not totally wrong.

Reactions: DaveG

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Be careful. Your new head coach may disagree with you. He's got a man-crush on Lindholm, who plays a solid if unspectacular 200-foot game that coaches love. If you don't get Lindholm, you'll probably get Derek Ryan, so maybe you should do this.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I come to this board very infrequently, so I have to multi-quote:

Not only is it just a rumor, it's an old rumor. Usually, by the time a rumor comes out, the teams have already moved on. This one is pretty stale, but the Flames having the Canes' old coach makes it intriguing, nonetheless. Plus, there seems to be at least something of a fit.

It wasn't a rumored deal, it was a bunch of players being discussed. And even if it was a "rumored deal," what exactly does that mean? It's not like that's the *only* thing we can chime in on. Is it?

I don't think it's *way* too much, but it's a lot. Hamilton does have three years left at a very good number and he would immediately be our No. 1 d-man. That's going to cost. As Canes fans on this board know, I have no love whatsoever for Lindholm and very little for Hanifin, but we're dealing two No. 5 overall picks who have yet to hit their prime, so we've got to get a second asset. I personally don't think either Lindholm or Hanifin will reach their ceilings, and I'd love to do this deal if the add is reasonable. Tyler Parsons?

Having said that, I don't want the Canes to trade for this guy until he officially changes his name to "Doug," because I'm not calling a 25-year-old man Dougie.

He turned 25 three days ago. And I think your critiques of Lindholm and Hanifin are a little overly negative, but you're not totally wrong.
In regards to Parsons there is no chance there. I think he is as untouchable as Gaudreau, there would be a much better chance of Janko or Bennett than Parsons.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
How do you figure? If anything I think the Flames should reject that. Hanifin has not exactly showed much since being drafted and Lindholm is a 40 point forward. How in the world is that an overpayment for a top end 24 year old RS RD?

At the same 3 years post draft, Hamilton had played just over a full NHL season and put up 25 points in 64 games. Hanifin is right there with him and has just as much room for growth. How exactly is that not showing much?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Wow... according to all the rumor mongering “experts” the Canes seem to be trading everyone to everybody

To me it seems that the Canes are discussing trades about multiple players, writers are reporting that, and you're turning it into a different thing entirely.

I assume most teams discuss trades about players that we don't hear about just for the good of the team... but let's keep vilifying hockey writers who are reporting rumors. Unless we don't want to hear rumors anymore and can bash our heads against the wall instead.

Personally, I actually like talking about rumors and I'm glad people are reporting them. But hey, who am I?

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Flames67

Jun 8, 2018
If Dougie is going + much of anything worth noting, then this deal is Hanifin + 1st or Terraveinen

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Dougie Hamilton routinely outscores Lindholm, so I wouldn't want to trade Hamilton for Lindholm. Seems like a bad trade to me. Like a reverse Hall for Larsson.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm guessing Waddell didn't want to do Lindholm for a prospect defenseman or draft pick(s) so he countered with Lindholm (as the centerpiece) + Fleury/Bean or even Faulk for Hamilton. Treliving said no and the talks died there.

Carolina is in good shape on the blueline; goaltending is the problem. There's no need to chase and overpay for Hamilton.

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
To me it seems that the Canes are discussing trades about multiple players, writers are reporting that, and you're turning it into a different thing entirely.

I assume most teams discuss trades about players that we don't hear about just for the good of the team... but let's keep vilifying hockey writers who are reporting rumors. Unless we don't want to hear rumors anymore and can bash our heads against the wall instead.

Personally, I actually like talking about rumors and I'm glad people are reporting them. But hey, who am I?
I’m not turning it into anything... they can report on whatever they want but until they get one right all it is is “rumor mongering” and usually directed at a Canadian fan base.. I enjoy rumors as well but it’s sill watching them name drop BS all day long.., remember all those Galchenyuk for Domi rumors they reported on... no, that’s strange, Hoffman for Boedker... don’t remember those either... if they start calling any I’ll give them credit... I WAS MAKING AN OBSERVATION ABOUT HOW THESE “EXPERTS” THROW SHIT AT THE WALL AND HOPE IT STICKS... if Lindholm get traded to Calgary for Hamilton I’ll gladly eat a big ol bowl of crow, but for some reason I’m not too concerned that I will have to

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m not turning it into anything... they can report on whatever they want but until they get one right all it is is “rumor mongering” and usually directed at a Canadian fan base.. I enjoy rumors as well but it’s sill watching them name drop BS all day long.., remember all those Galchenyuk for Domi rumors they reported on... no, that’s strange, Hoffman for Boedker... don’t remember those either... if they start calling any I’ll give them credit... I WAS MAKING AN OBSERVATION ABOUT HOW THESE “EXPERTS” THROW **** AT THE WALL AND HOPE IT STICKS

Since players usually only get traded once at a time, do you think it’s possible that there ARE conversations with multiple teams going on, and the writers only hear about a few of them, and then those happens to be the ones that don’t come true?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad