TSN: : Flames and Canes talked about Lindholm trade. Could be part of a bigger deal.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
So trade both Hamilton and Brodie?

Ballsy as ****. Treliving would have to be super confident in Andersson and Valimaki.

Just Andersson, because as you noted they were supposedly looking to add Hanifin.

Giordano - Hamonic
Hanifin - Stone
Kulak - Andersson

Definitely an overall downgrade on paper, but Andersson is good...and ready.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't see Hamilton having any more value than his first trade, so I don't think he gets both Hanifin and Lindholm. Theres really no point in the Canes trading for him anyways, they need a centre not a dman.

I'd do that trade every year if you could get value like that.

Reactions: Michoulicious

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I don't see Hamilton having any more value than his first trade, so I don't think he gets both Hanifin and Lindholm. Theres really no point in the Canes trading for him anyways, they need a centre not a dman.

If the Canes add Hamilton they can look to deal Faulk for a center.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Just Andersson, because as you noted they were supposedly looking to add Hanifin.

Giordano - Hamonic
Hanifin - Stone
Kulak - Andersson

Definitely an overall downgrade on paper, but Andersson is good...and ready.

Bit sketchy for my liking. Maybe I'm not giving Hanifin enough credit though.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Hurricanes trade Lindholm and Hanifin to Calgary for Bennett and Hamilton??

thats fair value wise, Canes would need to add a 2nd to even it out. Doesn't really do much for either teams though, other than a change of scenary for Bennett and Lindholm.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
How do you figure? If anything I think the Flames should reject that. Hanifin has not exactly showed much since being drafted and Lindholm is a 40 point forward. How in the world is that an overpayment for a top end 24 year old RS RD?

Lindholm’s upside is likely higher than a 40 point forward, Hanifin is 21 and already a 30 point defensmen/solid top 4 D.

I get that Hamilton is an absolute force playing the much desired RD position, but this is one of those trades that could come back and bite you in the butt.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Lindholm’s upside is likely higher than a 40 point forward, Hanifin is 21 and already a 30 point defensmen/solid top 4 D.

I get that Hamilton is an absolute force playing the much desired RD position, but this is one of those trades that could come back and bite you in the butt.

Lindholm has a ton of potential, he needs to be surrounded by the right players. Hanifin has great upside as well.

Reactions: Pure

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Londholm
Hanafan

for

Hamilton
Bennet
Don't know anyone else on Calgary to ad.

Hamilton has slightly more value than Hanifin, but Lindholm has way more value than Bennett.
Calgary would have to include a significant prospect IMHO (Andersson/Kylington/Mangiapane)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Hamilton has slightly more value than Hanifin, but Lindholm has way more value than Bennett.
Calgary would have to include a significant prospect IMHO (Andersson/Kylington/Mangiapane)

How does Hamilton only have slightly more value than Hanifin, yet Lindholm has far more value than Bennett? I do agree Lindholm is in a league of his own, but Hamilton is also in a league of his own over Hanifin. That being said I'd gladly add Kylington or Mangiapane to Bennett and Hamilton to get Lindholm and Hanifin. Not Andersson though, then the Canes need to add even more.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Hamilton for Hanifin and Lindholm is close to fair. I think the Flames should add something, maybe, but not Bennett.
Frolik might be a good fit, they'll want a 2-way guy to replace Lindholm

Nobody cares in this thread, which is about Calgary and Carolina.
Finally agree with something you said Scorp.

Dougie, Gillies for Lindholm and Hanifin.
Rittich might make more sense for the Canes IMO.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi
Sep 13, 2009
Trading Hamilton would be a big mistake IMO. He just tied for the league lead in goals by a D. I see him as a future Norris Trophy winner. 6'5", 225 Lbs. Plays 20+ minutes a night. Still only 25. Not a good idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldo Montoya

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Why does Carolina need to add a Defenseman as the main part of the package? Bennett has draft pos and all but he's sort of s downgrade on offense where they could use some help.

Makes 0 sense

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not saying Hamilton for Hanifin & Lindholm is fair in a vacuum, but there are other factors at play.

1) Big, young, RHS, top pairing defenders cost a premium.
2) Carolina is looking to shake things up and make changes. This is the kind of deal that sends shock waves through an organization.
3) Some believe that if you get the best player in the deal, you win the trade, if Waddell believes that, then it's a possibility.
4) Both Lindholm and Hanifin are RFAs that are due for decent size raises, sounds like the new owner will still be very conscious of spending.

With these factors, I could see that being the basis for a deal; but I don't blame Canes fans for hating the idea.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I bet the Flames acquire Skinner + Lindholm in a deal. Hamilton involved I'm sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad