Final four all star vote results announced

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kind of shocked it's not Reilly in the Atlantic.

I think Point deserves to go, but he deserves to go in place of Stamkos, not so much in this spot.

Reilly's looking at a Norris, or a solid amount of Norris votes. Really thought it would be him.

There's still a chance Rielly could fill in for the injured Chabot.

Ottawa would just have to go without a representative because no other Ottawa defenceman deserves to be in the same city as the all-star game.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Their GF/60 this season is over 4 with both, 2.3 for with McDavid no Drai, 2.2 with Drai no McDavid, and 1.5 with neither. They’re at their best together.

Do you want to look at Monahan without Gaudreau, or would you rather not?

Help yourself....they have always been a pair. Always. Everyone knows they are a pair.

No one on here is claiming that they aren’t. But what we do see is lots of people claiming that Drai is a elite #1 C. That it’s only his wingers that are keeping him back.

And I do believe that to a certain degree. But what I don’t believe at all is that Drai could be doing whtvhe currently is away from McDavid.

Just like Mony wouldn’t be the player he is away from Johnny.

I have no problem with that, I’ll yell it from the rooftops of it makes you happy.

But when the subject of Drai being a product of McDavid.....at his current level/pace....is brought up we are constantly told that Drai is a #1c but has to play with McDavid because he has no one to play with.

Just out of curiosity what are the % of his points with McDavid factoring in?

I know earlier in the year it was a very high number. I’m guessing it still is. Maybe higher since those two are the only ones scoring.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Hilarious Draisaitl made it over Giordano but I guess Oilers fans don't have much to look forward to so at least they got that. Must've taken the full effort of every fan and Edmonton citizen to slide Draisaitl in instead of Gio but its good Edmonton is making at least something out of their otherwise embarrassing season

On the bright side, just means more rest for our top guys

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hilarious Draisaitl made it over Giordano but I guess Oilers fans don't have much to look forward to so at least they got that. Must've taken the full effort of every fan and Edmonton citizen to slide Draisaitl in instead of Gio but its good Edmonton is making at least something out of their otherwise embarrassing season

vote more next time if you're so hurt about it

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
You may want to look at the guy that actually centers his own line down in Calgary.

Pretty sure he’s within 10 points

Edmonton continues to be a tire fire and they are sending two players. One that can’t even Center his own line, over a guy that is the front runner for the Norris.

Yes, each teams deserves representation, for the Oilers it should only be McDavid. Period.

No way in hell Drai “deserves” to be there.

But these positions are voted in right? I guess when there little else to hope for, getting a guy to the ASG must feel like a big deal?

Calgary is having a good season and yet we have certain Flames' fans still acting like bitter, younger siblings.

Reactions: Sask97

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Both Draisaitl and Gio were solid options for the all star game. You crying that your favourite teams player didn’t make it in and cutting down a player who is top 10 in points in the league just shows how much of a cry baby you truly are!!!!!! Suck it up princess, not everyone needs to get a participation ribbon!

What in the actual f*** are you talking about?

I made a comment that there were other options in the pacific......I argued against the fact that Drai was the only choice.

And for the record.....drai is tied in points with Mony.

Not sure where you’re getting the whole “cry baby” thing from? This is a discussion board. We were discussing the validity of Drai being the only choice.

But hey.....you be you.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Help yourself....they have always been a pair. Always. Everyone knows they are a pair.

No one on here is claiming that they aren’t. But what we do see is lots of people claiming that Drai is a elite #1 C. That it’s only his wingers that are keeping him back.

And I do believe that to a certain degree. But what I don’t believe at all is that Drai could be doing whtvhe currently is away from McDavid.

Just like Mony wouldn’t be the player he is away from Johnny.

I have no problem with that, I’ll yell it from the rooftops of it makes you happy.

But when the subject of Drai being a product of McDavid.....at his current level/pace....is brought up we are constantly told that Drai is a #1c but has to play with McDavid because he has no one to play with.

Just out of curiosity what are the % of his points with McDavid factoring in?

I know earlier in the year it was a very high number. I’m guessing it still is. Maybe higher since those two are the only ones scoring.

This argument is tired. Those two and Nuge are the only ones doing anything.

The issue with the Oilers is whichever of Nuge and Draisaitl isn’t playing with McDavid is stuck with the worst wingers in the NHL.

Absolutely Draisaitl is a 1C. Give the guy even average 2nd line wingers and he’d produce just fine.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Some... interesting choices for the All-Star game, but I've never watched it, and I certainly don't plan to start now so I guess it doesn't really matter to me. Just a prestige thing for the players.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
You may want to look at the guy that actually centers his own line down in Calgary.

Edmonton continues to be a tire fire and they are sending two players. One that can’t even Center his own line, over a guy that is the front runner for the Norris.

Yes, each teams deserves representation, for the Oilers it should only be McDavid. Period.

But these positions are voted in right? I guess when there little else to hope for, getting a guy to the ASG must feel like a big deal?

I’m a Flames fan and Giordano absolutely deserves to be there but that doesn’t mean Draisitl doesn’t. Gio should be there ahead of Karlsson and Doughty this season and Drai and even Monahan should be in over guys like Pavelski and Keller

The selection process is flawed. You don’t need to use this as a reason to shit on Edmonton, there are plenty of others

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Assumed he was, my bad. Odd Reilly didn't make it then

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I went through Facebook to the voting when it first started. I thought Marner's name was there. I must have been seeing things.

A thought. Maybe they took his name off? They had Eichel on there too and he was already in. I remember seeing a bunch of posts saying Eichel was already in so I know that happened.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
one nice thing about this year's allstar rosters is that there's no John Scott or Leo Komarov, it seems like there was more choice than in some year's passed. I think there's some snubs (Gio, Point, Marner, Rielly, etc) but at least the guys they were snubbed for are still ones that you're happy to watch show off their skills as a fan

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

The classic

:mad:"Let me complain for a few sentences about how RIDICULOUS and STUPID this is":mad:

:cool:"Let me justify it to myself why it's a good thing":cool:

You guys are all so predictable lol

Reactions: FerklundCGY

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not even slightly a head scratcher. Every player that’s top 10 in scoring should be at the ASG

.......and yet, they’re not.

Again.....all I was saying was that the poster was wrong claiming that Drai was the only logical choice. He went on to say that no one was within 10 points of him in the scoring race. Those were incorrect facts.

I’m pretty sure that if Mony got in over Drai we’d be having the same conversation it reversed.

I also believe that if Gio made it in over Drai you guys would be cool with it because he clearly should be there, no?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

...or Draisaitl is a good player and deserved to go as well?

Simpler explanation makes more sense to me even though I think Gio should be there along with Draisaitl.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009

ColorfulJampackedBanteng-max-1mb.gif

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
.......and yet, they’re not.

Again.....all I was saying was that the poster was wrong claiming that Drai was the only logical choice. He went on to say that no one was within 10 points of him in the scoring race. Those were incorrect facts.

I’m pretty sure that if Mony got in over Drai we’d be having the same conversation it reversed.

I also believe that if Gio made it in over Drai you guys would be cool with it because he clearly should be there, no?
I'd be cool with whoever got in, cause I'm not a petty bitch.

You wanna blame someone for Gio or Stifler for not making it in? Blame your fanbase for not voting. I didn't vote, so I don't give a shit. Clearly you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill and not even blaming the right people.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad