Final four all star vote results announced

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Keith Yandle / Jimmy Howard are going to the all star game, but players like Giordano / Marner / Point / Riellly are not going. The all star game should have the best players there, not having one representative from each team going.

Draisaitl is tied for top 10 points and should be there. Hes also not the only person on his team going obviously because McDavid.

I agree though, Marner should be there. Guy is tied for 8th in points.

I understand why the NHL wants each team represented but its kinda awful at the same time.

Reactions: Canada Drai

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Draisaitl over others in the Pacific is a head scratcher.

Even if they were looking for the best sidekick.....there are better choices.

But hey.....McDavid will be feeding him just like in a real game!

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Keith Yandle / Jimmy Howard are going to the all star game, but players like Giordano / Marner / Point / Riellly are not going. The all star game should have the best players there, not having one representative from each team going.

Leon Draisaitl is tied for 10th in the league in points with 54, and 3rd in the pacific behind McDavid and Gaudreau. On the ballot there wasn't a single player even 10 pts behind him, he was the clear choice for the pacific division. I agree Marner and Point should be there, but I also agree with the NHL that at least one rep from each team should go.

The all-star week is a showcase, nothing more. And each city deserves a representative, regardless of where they are in the standings

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Why continue to call it the All-Star game if it's going to be a popularity fan voted game where each team must have a representative instead of simply sending all the top players of the year?

Just call it something else and nobody would care.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Leon Draisaitl is tied for 10th in the league in points with 54, and 3rd in the pacific behind McDavid and Gaudreau. On the ballot there wasn't a single player even 10 pts behind him, he was the clear choice for the pacific division. I agree Marner and Point should be there, but I also agree with the NHL that at least one rep from each team should go.

The all-star week is a showcase, nothing more. And each city deserves a representative, regardless of where they are in the standings

You may want to look at the guy that actually centers his own line down in Calgary.

Pretty sure he’s within 10 points

Edmonton continues to be a tire fire and they are sending two players. One that can’t even Center his own line, over a guy that is the front runner for the Norris.

Yes, each teams deserves representation, for the Oilers it should only be McDavid. Period.

No way in hell Drai “deserves” to be there over Gio.

But these positions are voted in right? I guess when there little else to hope for, getting a guy to the ASG must feel like a big deal?

Last edited:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
You may want to look at the guy that actually centers his own line down in Calgary.

Edmanot continurs to be a tire fire and they are sending two players. One that can’t even Center his own line, over a guy that is the front runner for the Norris.

Yes, each teams deserves representation, for the Oilers it should only be McDavid. Period.

No way in hell Drai “deserves” to be there.

But these positions are voted in right? I guess when there little else to hope for, getting a guy to the ASG must feel like a big deal?
Whoa, calm down. You sound like you have a deep hatred for Edmonton, yikes

Draisaitl has 31 assists, he 'feeds' McDavid just as much. They compliment each other, believe it or not

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida

I know, right!
If Jimmy Howard had any class he would skip the tournament and let Mitch Marner take his spot. :shakehead

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB

Edmonton continues to be a tire fire and they are sending two players. One that can’t even Center his own line, over a guy that is the front runner for the Norris.

No way in hell Drai “deserves” to be there.

Drai definitely deserves to be there. So does Gio or Moneyhands, but that's not how it shook out. Who cares really? It's an allstar game sideshow.

Reactions: radapex and ThomasG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad