Final four all star vote results announced

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Draisaitl remains massively underrated. You all act like McDavid banks pucks in off his dick all day long. :laugh:

He’s an excellent player and deserves to be there. McDavid benefits from playing with him just like he does from playing with McDavid.

I’m pretty sure it’s been proven over and over that McDavids points stay relatively the same away from Drai. The same can’t be said about Drai. Not even close actually.

Reactions: Future GOAT

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
if a Leaf player gets voted in by the fans, people are still going to say that

the important thing is that we have so many guys that are worth, the results should speak for themselves in a few years. It would to not have to hear about 1967 anymore
Maybe there will still be a chance of other players from the Atlantic who won't be able to play and Rielly or Marner can still be selected.

Last year when Victor Hedman could not play because he was injured he was replaced by Brayden Point. Now I think part of that reason was the game being played in Tampa Bay. However the NHL didn't bother to replace him with another defensemen from a different Atlantic Division team, since as we know Point is a forward and maybe the same thing could happen again.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Why continue to call it the All-Star game if it's going to be a popularity fan voted game where each team must have a representative instead of simply sending all the top players of the year?

Just call it something else and nobody would care.

Great idea. They should call it something like The Game Being Played for Kids 13 and Under to Watch!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Maybe there will still be a chance of other players from the Atlantic who won't be able to play and Rielly or Marner can still be selected.

Last year when Victor Hedman could not play because he was injured he was replaced by Brayden Point. Now I think part of that reason was the game being played in Tampa Bay. However the NHL didn't bother to replace him with another defensemen from a different Atlantic Division team, since as we know Point is a forward and maybe the same thing could happen again.
ya there's probably a 50/50 chance for either guy getting in, I'm happy if they don't though. It's a nice honour and I don't think getting there by default carries the same prestige, so they might as well rest

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Why continue to call it the All-Star game if it's going to be a popularity fan voted game where each team must have a representative instead of simply sending all the top players of the year?

Just call it something else and nobody would care.

Cancel it and nobody would care.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Reactions: sabrescupbound

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Reactions: sabrescupbound

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Morgan Rielly should have been a lock, somehow left out :laugh:

Freddy and Vasi top two goalies and only one is going, but only due to an injury.

Marner should be there over Tavares and Rielly there over Matthews.

This isn’t a “we need more Leafs” it’s a “the wrong Leafs are going” post btw

member 298589

On a personal level it’s a bummer Gio didn’t get the nod, but as a Flames fan, I’m happy he has some time to rest and heal up for the second half.
This. Not sad over Marner and Rielly having a little downtime. And 'grats to Skinner, guy is having a good season.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
it wasn't, assuming you're talking about the last man in vote

Atlantic Division

Boston Bruins:
Patrice Bergeron (F)
Buffalo Sabres: Jeff Skinner (F)
Detroit Red Wings: Dylan Larkin (F)
Florida Panthers: Aleksander Barkov (F)
Montreal Canadiens: Shea Weber (D)
Ottawa Senators: Mark Stone (F)
Tampa Bay Lightning: Brayden Point (F)
Toronto Maple Leafs: Morgan Rielly (D)

Wow, not enough sleep at night I guess. I thought I saw Marner as one of the choices.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’m pretty sure it’s been proven over and over that McDavids points stay relatively the same away from Drai. The same can’t be said about Drai. Not even close actually.

Their GF/60 this season is over 4 with both, 2.3 for with McDavid no Drai, 2.2 with Drai no McDavid, and 1.5 with neither. They’re at their best together.

Do you want to look at Monahan without Gaudreau, or would you rather not?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not quite, it is somewhat true, McDavid does see a small dip in production away from Drai, but it's pretty negligible. Drai does see a substantial hit without McDavid.
He had some pretty good chemistry with Hall before he was traded away.

If Chiarelli hadn't left us with garbage for wingers we could probably try and test this theory more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->