Final four all star vote results announced

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I love flame fan angst, however, realistically, Drai does not deserve to go and the Flames captain does.....

Still the angst is fun.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I'm not sure why people are mad about "the best players aren't there" when it's a butter soft, slow game that isn't even real hockey. It's nice when talent and a great season gets recognized, but get more people to vote next time if it's that big of a deal.

Reactions: td_ice and Atrusai

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Are either 2nd in the league in goals?

Nope, but both have more points than Skinner... and one's a freaking defenceman. :laugh:

That being said, I don't personally care. Wish they could make the ASG meaningful, like winner takes home ice in the final.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not sure why people are mad about "the best players aren't there" when it's a butter soft, slow game that isn't even real hockey. It's nice when talent and a great season gets recognized, but get more people to vote next time if it's that big of a deal.
Exactly. I didn't vote because I'm not going to watch...because it's a terrible game.

If it makes Flames fans feel better, Draisaitl probably would have preferred to spend the break on a beach somewhere and Giordano is probably happy that he didn't get voted in.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I'd rather the Leafs just send someone like Marincin and give everyone else a week off down south

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sam Reinhart has 2 less points than Skinner...
He is on the same line. The fact he has a close number of points is about as shocking as finding out that a mammal has an a-hole (unless you think Jeff and Jack scored all those goals with no secondary assists).

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He is on the same line. The fact he has a close number of points is about as shocking as finding out that a mammal has an a-hole (unless you think Jeff and Jack scored all those goals with no secondary assists).

Not really. Look at McDavid & Draisaitl versus their next closest peer. You can't say two players carried a team and discredit someone with identical stats because they're on the same line. You can also look at Tavares & Marners' numbers versus their linemate (Hyman), or Point and Kucherov versus Tyler Johnson. Players don't just keep pace because they're on the same line.

With your argument, the top 3 players on every team (provided 2 are on the same line) should have identical points. That's not even close to being the case.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not really. Look at McDavid & Draisaitl versus their next closest peer. You can't say two players carried a team and discredit someone with identical stats because they're on the same line. You can also look at Tavares & Marners' numbers versus their linemate (Hyman). Players don't just keep pace because they're on the same line.

OK you're right: put Sam on the All Star Team as well!!!!!

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Jeff ****ing Skinner over Rielly & Marner :laugh:.

Yeah, the guy who has been at the top of the goals category all season doesnt deserve to go. I thought goals are more important than points and assists, or is that only true when people try to claim Matthew's is better than Eichel, or in McDavids universe.

Reactions: sabremike

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It’s crazy that the 1&2 Norris candidates didn’t make it in.

Just another reason why the All-Star game is a meaningless joke.

You have guys like Doughty, Burns and Karlsson going for the Pacific (who are obviously good players) and Yandle going, but the two best d-men in the league this year aren't going. You have Pavelski going over Monahan, Tkachuk, Lindholm (all who are having better years).

It's nothing more than a popularity contest, this shit isn't an All-Star game.

I'll take my guys getting rested though so I ain't too mad, just annoyed that Gio doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->