Final four all star vote results announced

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Point is really good... But that's a name that most fairweather NHL fans aren't even aware of.
And this is a popularity contest.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Keith Yandle / Jimmy Howard are going to the all star game, but players like Giordano / Marner / Point / Riellly are not going. The all star game should have the best players there, not having one representative from each team going.
f***ing participation-medal mentality, man. What a joke.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
They need to add another 3 spots per team. I've been saying this for years and this year it's even more obvious. With 8 teams and only 11 spots that's only 3 "double" reps. Going up to 14 per division would allow Giordano, Monahan and Couture/Horvat/Lindholm/Tkachuk/whoever to go in addition to Draisaitl.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You guys are lapping the league anyways. Just start resting players the last 6 weeks of the season lol.

Already at 70 points and just a little over half way through. With respect to the 2004 team and 2003 Bucs team, this is the best pro team TB has ever seen. At least Ive ever seen.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
On a personal level it’s a bummer Gio didn’t get the nod, but as a Flames fan, I’m happy he has some time to rest and heal up for the second half.
Agreed with this. I had a little hope Gio would get some recognition... but then again I also didn’t vote at all so I guess I can’t complain. :laugh:

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I don’t think Mony should go. I think Gio was deserving of it.

I commented on Drai because it was stated that there was no other options in the Pacific. Which is obviously false.

Both Draisaitl and Gio were solid options for the all star game. You crying that your favourite teams player didn’t make it in and cutting down a player who is top 10 in points in the league just shows how much of a cry baby you truly are!!!!!! Suck it up princess, not everyone needs to get a participation ribbon!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Agreed with this. I had a little hope Gio would get some recognition... but then again I also didn’t vote at all so I guess I can’t complain. :laugh:
Hell get his recognition at the awards ceremony when he deservingly wins the Norris.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Keith Yandle / Jimmy Howard are going to the all star game, but players like Giordano / Marner / Point / Riellly are not going. The all star game should have the best players there, not having one representative from each team going.

As a Wings fan, I completely agree. It's borderline embarrassing that Howard is an all star. Larkin has a case, but there is so much offensive firepower in the division that it makes sense why he isn't there. But Howard...?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Glad for Letang that he's getting the recognition, but selfishly as a fan I kind of wish he didn't so he could rest. He needs all the rest he can get with the minutes/responsibility he has on the Pens.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Yes and no. Yea they still need to win the cup but I was never as in awe watching that team as I am with this one. Different era needs to be taken into consideration too but its still hockey. Maybe the word is entertaining.
That's definitely more fitting.

Aug 3, 2010
As a Flames fan, thank goodness nobody else from our team made it. Rest up soldiers, the playoffs are coming.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Glad for Letang that he's getting the recognition, but selfishly as a fan I kind of wish he didn't so he could rest. He needs all the rest he can get with the minutes/responsibility he has on the Pens.

The All-Star game is a joke contest and the whole experience is a vacation essentially. I’m optimistic that he returns even more confident, if that’s even possible.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
2qwy24.jpg

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The All-Star game is a joke contest and the whole experience is a vacation essentially. I’m optimistic that he returns even more confident, if that’s even possible.

It’s for the kids, man.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kind of shocked it's not Reilly in the Atlantic.

I think Point deserves to go, but he deserves to go in place of Stamkos, not so much in this spot.

Reilly's looking at a Norris, or a solid amount of Norris votes. Really thought it would be him.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
‘What the hell is wrong with the Pens’ - me 15 games ago

‘Oh.’ - me today

In fairness, Letang's been fantastic all season, even when the rest of the team looked like ass. The entire team's been playing a much better game the past 20 or so games, the defensive pairings seem to be rounding into form since the Pettersson acquisition, and Murray's back to 2017 playoff version Murray.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad