Rumor: FA signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI: Goaltending Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Really not sure I would. If they switched teams, the reputation might be quite different.

If Krejci played here, he might not be the same player he is on Boston.

Exactly. Krejci looks dominant because the Bruins are dominant. If he were on the Oilers, there wouldn't be a Lucic opening up room for him or a Chara & Rask covering for him.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
The guy we need is John Carlson out of Washington. Heck even if we could work out a bigger trade like Carlson and Neuvirth Id be all over that. I dunno what it would take but I'd start at Dubnyk, Yakupov(Odd man out), N. Schultz for Carlson, Neuvirth, Brouwer. We could roll with this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Joensuu-Gordon-Brouwer
Gazdic-Acton-Brown
Smyth, Smack

Smid-Carlson
Ference-Petry
Belov-Schultz
Grebeshkov

Neuvirth
Labarbera

I made the exact same trade...but losing Labarbara and adding Wilson, Alzner, Neuvirth..hell ask for a 1st too...as Yak will be a beast.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I'd be willing to make a trade around Eberle for Kronwall from the Wings. Guy is so solid and is a force back there. People are afraid to play against him which is something we can't say for any of our defenceman.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I'd be willing to make a trade around Eberle for Kronwall from the Wings. Guy is so solid and is a force back there. People are afraid to play against him which is something we can't say for any of our defenceman.

we used to have guys that hit but apparently we want guys who can skate away real fast...and skate backwards real fast to lay out red carpet for opposition shooters. we dont like guys who stand people up and protect the slot. thats not hockey that wins cups. hockey that winss cups and ...WINS... is roses, and marmalade, and daisies, and running with flailing hands. Havent you caught on yet? i heard the pink jerseys and tutus are coming soon.

So while other teams have systems where forwards do defence properly or not play...and thus defencemen can be men... and play defence... we have a bunch of pretty faced elves from lord of the rings, so fair, and so pure... flying ...flying...to golf courses early
next

Last edited:

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
i can tell you right now... he plays under CJ... a championship system where team always comes first. Put him into edmontons non-system philosophy? hed be lights out until the playoffs when the lack of system makes the team and him irrelevant.

We have a system.. Every team has one. Do u mean defensive system?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
some guy on the main board is saying that dubnyk has been traded to pittsburgh for paul martin and we recalled bachman. Bryz is apparently also signing a one year deal this week or something too.

He says it was reported on Team1260 in Edmonton. Any truth to this?

edit: It is now off the boards so it may be just a load of **** although he has a thread up on the Oilers board now I see, although it's been closed too.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Yeah I was confused at first. That's a lot of moves in very quick succession.

I'm taking it that this guy was just some goof and no one else actually heard this on Team1260? I'm not from Edmonton so I wouldn't know.

Sloth Slothersons*

That's weird. Don't buy it though. All those moves happening at once? And Fleury has been playing well are they even looking for another goalie (especially at Dubs caphit)?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
That's weird. Don't buy it though. All those moves happening at once? And Fleury has been playing well are they even looking for another goalie (especially at Dubs caphit)?

Not saying I believe it either, but they were sending Paul Martin back our way according to that guy.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
some guy on the main board is saying that dubnyk has been traded to pittsburgh for paul martin and we recalled bachman. Bryz is apparently also signing a one year deal this week or something too.

He says it was reported on Team1260 in Edmonton. Any truth to this?

edit: It is now off the boards so it may be just a load of **** although he has a thread up on the Oilers board now I see, although it's been closed too.

That would certainly be significant.

Doesn't seem plausible though, cap-hit issues, Vokoun/Fleury tandem in Pittsburg, seems like a poor fit.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
**POOF** it's gone again, but I did read it before it disappeared. This would have to be on Strudwick's show and I don't think he's ever broken anything, especially at 10:30 p.m. But for fun...since Vokun is expected to be out 3-6 months with the blood clot issues he has, I had a look at their roster and their backup for Fleury is someone I am unfamiliar with (Jeff Zatkoff). Maybe they are interested in Dubnyk, it is a plausible scenario. I think this is more speculative talk because I can't see Bryzgalov signing here and I can't see MacT rolling with Labarbara-Bachman for too long. Brygalov also likes his warm climates too much, hence why he is in Las Vegas.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Penguins fan here... no way this is happening. Paul Martin had a big rebound last year after a bad 2011-12 season and is off to a very good start this year. Vokoun had a blood clot and is out 3-6 months, but for now the Penguins are going with Jeff Zatkoff backing up Fleury.

Besides, trading Paul Martin straight up for Dubnyk would just be beyond stupid for Ray Shero to do. And Martin has a movement clause in his contract.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
That would certainly be significant.

Doesn't seem plausible though, cap-hit issues, Vokoun/Fleury tandem in Pittsburg, seems like a poor fit.

Again, devils advocate here, but Vokoun is out 6 months from his blood clot apparently and I think (without actually checking out CapGeek) that Dubnyk and Paul Martin have the same caphit. Again, could be completely wrong here.

Still ridiculous. Would certainly be a "bold" move.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
- Don't see how Bryz is an upgrade or even on par with Dubey
- Letang is still out of the lineup, doubt they trade Martin with their lack of D depth
- Bryz is the type of guy you steer clear of when attempting to stabilize a team
- Martin is not the answer to our D problems

I call BS.

Last edited:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Again, devils advocate here, but Vokoun is out 6 months from his blood clot apparently and I think (without actually checking out CapGeek) that Dubnyk and Paul Martin have the same caphit. Again, could be completely wrong here.

Still ridiculous. Would certainly be a "bold" move.

Paul Martin has a 5 million dollar caphit for 2 more years.

Dubnyk is 3.5 until the end of the season.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Paul Martin has a 5 million dollar caphit for 2 more years.

Dubnyk is 3.5 until the end of the season.

Fair enough.

Regardless, Martin is past his prime as a viable #2 dman and his cap hit is horrendous for this team.

Not to mention the headache Bryz would bring...

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Have to think that with a Martin deal N.Schultz would also be going the other way to give us room to sign Bryz.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
- Don't see how Bryz is an upgrade or even on par with Dubey
- Letang is still out of the lineup, doubt they trade Martin with their lack of D depth
- Bryz is the type of guy you steer clear of when attempting to stabilize a team
- Martin is not the answer to our D problems

I call BS.
Four good reasons as to why this should not happen, unfortunately, four reasons absurd enough that suggest our equally as absurd management team would go ahead and do it

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
No chance in h ell that we run a Labarbera/Bachman tandem!:help: If we trade Dubie, you can be sure that a goalie comes back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad