Rumor: FA signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI: Goaltending Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Franson is good but is a RD.. Do we really want to bump J.Schultz down to 3rd pairing?
It seems like Eakins is losing faith in Smid and MacT has never been a good supporter of him.
Belov was moved up with Petry last game and Smid bumped down.

Gardiner is still my preference but hopefully not at the expense of Klefbom.

Yes hot potato needs to be 3rd pairing until he can play defence. And I wouldn't mind upgrading Smid if we had the chance but I don't think he's our issue. This is a much more stable group of d men IMO.

Ference-Franson
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Schultz
Belov, Grebeshkov

Move Smid and our 1st for a guy like Coburn and I really like the looks of that d now and in the future. Petry can be moved when Schultz is ready for top 4 minutes for whatever we need at the time.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Haha, we'll re-visit this at the end of the season. I think you might change your tune.

lol no, not so much.

Remember something very important, re the Leafs, Felix Potvin LOOKED like a much better goaltender because he was on TV all the time.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Conditional first for Gardiner. If we get into the playoffs and he plays +50 games or something. Otherwise, second 2015? We'll throw in Musil or something.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
No, that's just pointless.

If you're trading for Weber, Eberle is clearly the guy you can "afford" to give up.

I think it would have to be Eberle +, I could see it being eberle + J Schultz landing Weber, but Hall on his own IMO should net Weber.

I would be very willing to do yakupov + or eberle + but I don't know that I would do Hall. I think Hall's ceiling has a big range, if he can learn center I think his ceiling could notch up significantly.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The predators would be laughed out of the league if they traded Weber. Let's not even kid ourselves.

We wouldn't trade Hall so why would Nashville trade Weber?

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
What about Oilers 1st (10th-20th overall), Jeff Petry and Oscar Klefbom to Buffalo for Mikhail Grigorenko, Christian Ehrhoff and Brayden McNabb?

Not sure if that works both sides, I am trying to think how that could work...

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Coburn would obviously be a upgrade over Schultz or belov but hes not worth acquiring considering the asking price

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The predators would be laughed out of the league if they traded Weber. Let's not even kid ourselves.

We wouldn't trade Hall so why would Nashville trade Weber?

I don;t think they are planning to trade Weber right now, but let's not act like the idea is completely ridiculous. Weber's contract is a bit of an albatross and while he still has at least 5-6 prime years ahead of him, there won't be much incentive for Nashville to pay him north of 50M during this time, if they end up with a top 5 and begin an all-out re-build.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
What about Oilers 1st (10th-20th overall), Jeff Petry and Oscar Klefbom to Buffalo for Mikhail Grigorenko, Christian Ehrhoff and Brayden McNabb?

Not sure if that works both sides, I am trying to think how that could work...

I can't see Buffalo going for it. I think they are fine with their D prospects after this years draft.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I love Justin Schultz and in no way want him traded, but his defense is not just suspect, but horrific. One of the worst in the league in his own end. Really hope he can get it figured out..

He has a total of 51 NHL games. He's still basically in his rookie season.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
People realize that Weber is owed $68M of his $110M in the first 6 years right? And $52M in the first 4 years, $26M of which they've already paid Weber?

The moment NSH matched the offer sheet they made a pretty bold statement that Weber isn't going anywhere for a long time. They've already paid over 1/4 of his contract with 13 years remaining.

If anyone thinks Nashville would sink $26M into Weber to turn around and trade him, you're nuts. He's arguably one of, if not the most, unlikely to be traded players in the league due to his contract structure.

oilz89*

Would this be acceptable? (don't flame me)

Marincin+ 3rd or 2nd pick

for

Coburn

oilz89*

We wouldn't be able to take on that type of salary without sending some back.

I'd like to look at something around Smid for Cobourn.

Yeah i forgot about that :laugh:

and for the record I don't know why some of you are putting Justin Schultz in proposals:help::help:.
He's in his rookie season practically the guy hasnt even hit 60 games yet!! Tell me one defensemen who was GREAT defensively 50 games into his career?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Yeah i forgot about that :laugh:

and for the record I don't know why some of you are putting Justin Schultz in proposals:help::help:.
He's in his rookie season practically the guy hasnt even hit 60 games yet!! Tell me one defensemen who was GREAT defensively 50 games into his career?

You're just asking The Perfect Human to come in here aren't you now?

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Would this be acceptable? (don't flame me)

Marincin+ 3rd or 2nd pick

for

Coburn

In three years Marincin will be better than Coburn, he's clearly regressing. There's a reason Philly - a team with possibly the worst D in the NHL - wants to move him.

oilz89*

You're just asking The Perfect Human to come in here aren't you now?

Yeah haha i wanna set that guy straight :)

but no seriously its hilarious to say he's the worst defensively after 50 games and to even think about trading him. At worst, He'll be a pp qb. At best he'll be a top 4 dman.. maybe even a number 2 dman

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
He has a total of 51 NHL games. He's still basically in his rookie season.
To a certain extent this is true but if he plays all year like last game the Oilers will lead the league in GA this year (especially with Grebs and Potter returning shortly). Still kind of baffled by Brodeur's comments but then again he only sees his end of the ice.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
To a certain extent this is true but if he plays all year like last game the Oilers will lead the league in GA this year (especially with Grebs and Potter returning shortly). Still kind of baffled by Brodeur's comments but then again he only sees his end of the ice.

What did Brodeur say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad