Rumor: FA signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI: Goaltending Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2011
In this type of deal the Oilers pick up a #1 Centre which they are in desperate need of. They also pick up Boychuk who is a very reliable, veteran, cup winning defensive dman with a bomb of a shot.

The Bruins pick up an excellent winger in Eberle and move Ryan Spooner to the big club where he belongs to play the role of #2 Centre. And Klefbom is potentially a top pairing dman which the Oliers already have plenty of in Schultz and Nurse.

As for the Bruins, they move Bartkowski in the top 6 and both teams are happy.

Oh, I do think it would be an excellent move. I think it would be a 1a, 1b center situation with Krejci and Hopkins. It would leave Gagner as our third line center and gordon as the 4th. That would be incredible center depth. And having Boychuk would cement our D.

I actually don't think that would be enough to get Krejci.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Disagree. Krejci is a legit #1 who is awesome in both ends of the ice.

I never said he wasn't good. I said I'd rather keep Eberle. He wants to be here. We don't know that of Krejci. He might be the next Kovalchuk for all we know. (Not saying he is, just no one knows).

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
In this type of deal the Oilers pick up a #1 Centre which they are in desperate need of. They also pick up Boychuk who is a very reliable, veteran, cup winning defensive dman with a bomb of a shot.

The Bruins pick up an excellent winger in Eberle and move Ryan Spooner to the big club where he belongs to play the role of #2 Centre. And Klefbom is potentially a top pairing dman which the Oliers already have plenty of in Schultz and Nurse.

As for the Bruins, they move Bartkowski in the top 6 and both teams are happy.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is our number one center. I don't see the use for Krejci with both Sam and NUGE. I don't see Edmonton doing this. If they did I`d likely scream into a pillow for hours on end.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Nope. Eberle alone could get that. If needed, we can throw in Musil. But even then, I'd rather keep Eberle. He is a player I don't want to part with.

Krejci is a premier 2 way center and those are as rare as rocking horse poop. Eberle is a fine player but please.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
This is all fantasy talk of course. IMO Chiarelli loves his "guys" and Krejci is one of those to him. Good contract for 2 more years and will probably look to lock him up long term as Krejci is certainly considered one of the Bruins core guys.

That being said if the Oilers ever dangled Eberle to the Bruins, he would be very hard to turn down.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bruins are deep at Centre with Spooner ready. Soderberg is also a natural centre. Bruins a little thin on the wing. Although very effective, Iginla isnt getting younger.

Spooner and Soderberg are very raw and unproven though. You start taking away top centers only to rely on guys that aren't ready is a disaster waiting to happen. You can pick up wingers year after year in a variety of ways, #1 centers not so much.

If I'm you guys I am waiting to move Krecji, you potentially move a guy like him for a top d-man once Chara slows down or retires.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Enter Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I believe Krejci is a great 2 way player but NUGE will be better.

Wrong way of looking at it. 2 top notch 2-way centers would be an incredible asset. Which looks better?

Hall - RNH- Yakupov
Perron - Kecji - Hemsky/Gagner
Joensu - Gordon - Hemsky/Gagner

or

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Perron - Gagner- Hemsky/Yakupov
Joensu - Gordon - Hemsky/Yakupov

That first line-up is as strong down the middle as any club in the league. In fact it is playoff caliber, today, not in the future but right now. And capable of a good run (unless Dubnyk continues to play the way he has in the first two games)

Last edited:

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
All this panic button business after three games is ridiculous. Just as bad as three years ago when we started off hot and then went on losing streak after losing streak. Give the team 20 games and see how you're doing. Especially with new coach, new players, new systems.

Or we can send Eberle to the AHL again. That's option B :sarcasm:

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
Yakupov for Seth Jones....

I love Yak, but he's underutilized here (PLAY HIM MORE!!!)... and Jones has a top pairing D written all over him. Nashville needs F>D.

With that being said, I don't know if Nashville would do that... they seem to love Jones, and Yak may not fit into their defensive schemes.

-But I doubt we could get a stud like Pietrangelo or Subban right now... but a future stud like Jones I think is possibly obtainable (or maybe Nashville would bite on moving Weber's big contract for JSchultz and Eberle).

-Otherwise just not many top D would be available... (please no Phaneuf, please no Phaneuf, please no Phaneuf).

-Maybe Yandle, but not sure what it'd take to get him. I really don't know if I'd be willing to package Eberle for Yandle... Yandle and Hanzal or Vermette for Eberle and NSchultz? Maybe a possibility there.

-Last option, maybe Winnipeg, they got Bogosian, Enstrom, Buff, and Trouba... they could likely part with one for some top 6 forward help. Enstrom for Hemsky? Buff or Bogosian for Eberle? Trouba for not sure (yak?)

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Wrong way of looking at it. 2 top notch 2-way centers would be an incredible asset. Which looks better?

Hall - RNH- Yakupov
Perron - Kecji - Hemsky/Gagner
Joensu - Gordon - Hemsky/Gagner

or

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Perron - Gagner- Yakupov
Joensu - Gordon - Hemsky/?

That first line-up is as strong down the middle as any club in the league.

To be honest I`d take the second one. Hemsky has injury issues and Sam isn`t a natural winger. If we then acquired a big winger, than yes you are right looks great, but I see more sense in acquiring a centerman of less value and keeping Eberle (kid is a stud).

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
I'm not sure Boston would be willing to trade Krejc.

As for something based on a Krejc for Eberle swap... I do not know what to think, I'm torn.
-Eberle is the better offensive player and has the higher potential, and 4 years younger.
-Krejc is better defensively, plays a position that we need depth at, and had an AMAZING playoffs.

I'm actually pretty torn... I'd probably say no just because I'm not a fan of making a trade just to make a trade, I'd like it to be an upgrade for us. Now depending on what else (if anything) is added... I definitely could see myself tipping to the yes side of that swap.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
The Oilers aren't trading any of their big 5 after 3 games this season. Any talk involving them can pretty much be disregarded.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
The Oilers aren't trading any of their big 5 after 3 games this season. Any talk involving them can pretty much be disregarded.

And Boston isn't moving Krejci unless they are offered something ridiculous or he demands a trade out of town (or he gets caught diddling Chiarelli's wife)

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I'm on the bandwagon of trading the 1st rounder this year. If they truly believe that this is a playoff team than put your money where your mouth is and trade the 1st for help now.

With the history of this team that pick could hold some serious value right now early in the year. If Edmonton is right in the mix of things come trade deadline than it won't be worth as much.

I say package one of our young Dmen (Klefbom even if the deal is right) plus our 2014 1st and a prospect/salary dump for a legit top 4 dman.

The only way you have a conversation with another GM about our big guns is if someone like Petro/Doughty/Subban/Karlsson is coming the other way..

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Another thing is even though Capgeek says Edmonton has roughly 5 million is cap space. IIRC Jason Gregor had Scott Howson on his show last week and he said because of bonuses Edmonton really only has about 1.5mil in room.

So if they were to acquire a 4-6mil Dman they would need to be sending at least 2.5-4.5mil back the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad