Rumor: FA signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI: Goaltending Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If Dubnyk was traded I doubt he and Eakins would have been interviewed about him starting tomorrow night. Plus we don't have the cap space to do this and sign Bryz. Everything about it makes no sense.. BS rumor.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
If Dubnyk was traded I doubt he and Eakins would have been interviewed about him starting tomorrow night. Plus we don't have the cap space to do this and sign Bryz. Everything about it makes no sense.. BS rumor.

Unless Bryz just wants to prove himself and he signs for cheap like Boyes, Gilbert, Whitney and others.

If Bryz wants to sign a cheap deal for one year I'd say go for it. Bryz was making like $5m before, I think that's a large part of why he has a bad rep right now.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Unless Bryz just wants to prove himself and he signs for cheap like Boyes, Gilbert, Whitney and others.

If Bryz wants to sign a cheap deal for one year I'd say go for it. Bryz was making like $5m before, I think that's a large part of why he has a bad rep right now.

We still can't afford Bryz at 1M.. we'd be gaining 2.5 in cap. Well, we could but we'd have no room for extras really.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
some guy on the main board is saying that dubnyk has been traded to pittsburgh for paul martin and we recalled bachman. Bryz is apparently also signing a one year deal this week or something too.

He says it was reported on Team1260 in Edmonton. Any truth to this?

edit: It is now off the boards so it may be just a load of **** although he has a thread up on the Oilers board now I see, although it's been closed too.

Fleury playing lights out makes this rumor even make less sense.

The Perfect Human*

Other than his open ice hits there's not much physicality from Kronwall. Just a bunch of people talking out their ***. Ericsson and Quincey are by far the more physical dmen on that team.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
What about hall for weber? Blasphemy I know.

Perron-Hopkins-eberle
Joensuu-Gagner-hemsky smyth-gordon-yakupov
Gazdic-Acton-brown

Weber-petry
Ference-schultz
Smid-belov

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Perron-Hopkins-eberle
Gazdic-Acton-brown

Weber-petry
Ference-schultz
Smid-belov

No, that's just pointless.

If you're trading for Weber, Eberle is clearly the guy you can "afford" to give up.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011

Perron-Hopkins-eberle
Gazdic-Acton-brown

Weber-petry
Ference-schultz
Smid-belov

Oilers would be stupid to trade Hall as he is easily one of, in not the best player on the team and would only leave Perron as our true top 6 LW. If we are trading forwards, it will be from the RW as we have 3 top 6 RWs. Would make more sense to deal from an area of strength.

But we won't even consider the kids being traded unless the return is astronimical and easily a win in our favour.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I think Coburn and J. Schultz would make an incredible pairing. i'd be all for bringing him on

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
What about a deal that at present is a big risk for both teams?

Gardiner for Klefbom?

Toronto can't afford to take in much cap space right, but getting a high quality prospect that might be better for the Carlyle system could be appealing to them.

If Klefbom reaches full potential, it could be a bad deal for us. If Klefbom continues with injury problems.. it is a bad deal for them.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the only way we make a deal for coburn is if smid is part of a deal to aquire something else. only way it makes any sense.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What about a deal that at present is a big risk for both teams?

Gardiner for Klefbom?

Toronto can't afford to take in much cap space right, but getting a high quality prospect that might be better for the Carlyle system could be appealing to them.

If Klefbom reaches full potential, it could be a bad deal for us. If Klefbom continues with injury problems.. it is a bad deal for them.

This is the only deal that I could fathom that would be considered by both teams. But the fact that MacTavish was so pleased with Klefbom all of six months ago makes me think that he'd have to be a pretty lousy GM to flip-flop on a highly-touted prospect like that.

One-for-one prospect deals happen very rarely from what I can recall. The one that stands out the most for me was the Rundblad for 16th OVR (Terasenko) swap which didn't turn out so well for Ottawa. Fortunately they were able to tide their losses with the Rundblad for Turris swap.

And as I've posted before, Gardiner just doesn't fit here. We need muscle, not another kid.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'll throw it out there. Klefbom for Franson? Give Gardiner a place to play for the leafs and gives us a guy who could become a number 1 and would be top pairing here.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'll throw it out there. Klefbom for Franson? Give Gardiner a place to play for the leafs and gives us a guy who could become a number 1 and would be top pairing here.

No, not ever thanks.

So everyone in the League is back to trying to do favours for the Leafs now?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Franson is good but is a RD.. Do we really want to bump J.Schultz down to 3rd pairing?
It seems like Eakins is losing faith in Smid and MacT has never been a good supporter of him.
Belov was moved up with Petry last game and Smid bumped down.

Gardiner is still my preference but hopefully not at the expense of Klefbom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->