Rumor: FA signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI: Goaltending Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Not sure Boston would want Klefbom - don't they already have Hamilton, Krug, Bartkowski, not to mention Morrow coming up?

Krejci has 73 points in 81 career playoff games, including 23 in 25 in their Cup win, and 26 in 22 in their Finals loss.

Really surprised a Bruins fan would be pushing for that trade, and I don't think Spooner is super ready to step into a full-time top 6 role.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Agreed. But not all pointless discussions are equally pointless. For example talking about trading Crosby is more pointless than talking about trading Hemsky.

Which player are you comparing to Crosby? Eberle or Krejci? ;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I have a feeling the Oilers really want Gardiner but the Leafs probably want an impact forward back...

Including Gardiner's salary they'd be able to take back 1.2mil or so. Who they going to get that is an impact? Unless the plan is to deal Liles and Gardiner for an impact player, but then how good of an impact player are you getting for forcing Liles on someone?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Which player are you comparing to Crosby? Eberle or Krejci? ;)

Neither. I am just saying the more valued the piece moving, the more pointless the talk about them doing so. Valuable pieces very rarely move. The Krejci+ for Eberle+ deal would be a non starter from both sides.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Would we be interested in Jackman or Polak? The Blues have both in their bottom pairing according to their GDTs. Maybe later on in the year they could be convinced to trade one of them?

HometownHockey

Oilers: Flyers Coburn would be a better fit than the Maple Leafs Gardiner

Oilers: Flyers Coburn would be a better fit than the Maple Leafs Gardiner

Coburn_Flyers_L.jpg

http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/HH0234.php

The Perfect Human*

Would we be interested in Jackman or Polak? The Blues have both in their bottom pairing according to their GDTs. Maybe later on in the year they could be convinced to trade one of them?

They would both be top-pairing defensemen on our team.

No - STL won't trade them because they're so solid in their roles.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yakupov for Seth Jones....

I love Yak, but he's underutilized here (PLAY HIM MORE!!!)... and Jones has a top pairing D written all over him. Nashville needs F>D.

With that being said, I don't know if Nashville would do that... they seem to love Jones, and Yak may not fit into their defensive schemes.

-But I doubt we could get a stud like Pietrangelo or Subban right now... but a future stud like Jones I think is possibly obtainable (or maybe Nashville would bite on moving Weber's big contract for JSchultz and Eberle).

-Otherwise just not many top D would be available... (please no Phaneuf, please no Phaneuf, please no Phaneuf).

-Maybe Yandle, but not sure what it'd take to get him. I really don't know if I'd be willing to package Eberle for Yandle... Yandle and Hanzal or Vermette for Eberle and NSchultz? Maybe a possibility there.

-Last option, maybe Winnipeg, they got Bogosian, Enstrom, Buff, and Trouba... they could likely part with one for some top 6 forward help. Enstrom for Hemsky? Buff or Bogosian for Eberle? Trouba for not sure (yak?)

We won't get Jones for Yakupov sadly. Yakupov is not a sure thing, so we are likely looking at a player with good upside and some bust potential. Maybe Larsson or Gardiner.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Could we package Klefbom + for Coburn? Just curious. Don't have to do it but I am still intrigued by him. We'd need to get under the cap so another trade (NSchultz) would have to be around the corner. Any teams looking for veteran defensive Dmen?

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I'd add to Eberle to get Krejci.

Hes a much better player.

I find it hard to believe people wouldn't do that trade.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Brayden Coburn is inconsistent and dumber than a brick. Don't want. He's not the player we need to add stability to our defence corps.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

The Blues are cup contenders because of depth like this.

I'm watching the Hawks Blues, and what a game. The Oilers have a lot of work to do before they get to their level.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Without reading the article, I don't know if I agree. We got Ferrence and Smid to fill that role. And Nick Schultz for the bottom pair. Remember that Coburn has next to no offense. As far as offense first guys, Schultz, Petry (if the offense comes), Belov...so unless we're trading someone, we don't need Coburn. Gardiner is potentially an upgrade in the long term, but Coburn is what he is, and he isn't better than anything we already have.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
The Blues are contenders until they run into better teams like the Kings in the playoffs. They're not winning the Cup with this group. They're another team like the San Jose Sharks. Secondary contenders.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Not sure Boston would want Klefbom - don't they already have Hamilton, Krug, Bartkowski, not to mention Morrow coming up?

Krejci has 73 points in 81 career playoff games, including 23 in 25 in their Cup win, and 26 in 22 in their Finals loss.

Really surprised a Bruins fan would be pushing for that trade, and I don't think Spooner is super ready to step into a full-time top 6 role.

I am a huge Bruins fan. they are my second favorite team and i think Bergeron and Krejci would be nuts in an open system. Bergeron, when he is able to show it, is one of the most skilled guys i have ever seen. That goes ditto with Krejci. Boston fans dont realize how these players sacrifice those skills and temper them to play a good team game of high percentages.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

i love Polak. I believe he is a righty too. We really need a #1 guy but Polak is a good fit for RHD with Petry and J Schultz.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Krejci+Boychuck for Eberle? Oil take that and run.

Oilers would take that. Boychuk is awesome RHD. Ive wanted him on the Oilers for a couple of years. Eats minutes, doesnt skate very fast but makes the puck do the work. Eakins might not like his lack of speed and agility. It seems we dont want guys who can make people pay for stepping into our territory...we prefer guys who run away fast.

From knowing the fan base i think alot of B's fans might like that trade... and if not they likely would only want more added because they think they can get more.

Boychuk has a NMC limited clause but i think hed waive for edmonton. Krejci would go nuts in edmonton (in a good way). From a Bruins perspective Krejci is really important to me but the fan base really doesnt respect him. I would say CHIA wouldnt touch this trade, even with Krejci older and Boychuk in a way holding back a couple dmen that need to be promoted or traded.

I always figure the best way for anyone to trade with BOSTON is during the off season. CHIA doesnt really like to mess with the core players during the year and i like thaat approach. He will add guys for non-core players during the season but seldom subtract anyone from that group to make a deal.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
i love Polak. I believe he is a righty too. We really need a #1 guy but Polak is a good fit for RHD with Petry and J Schultz.

The Oilers under Krueger and Eakins lack any kind of system, which makes even decent players look like bums (see N.schultz). Polak would not be nearly as effective on the Oilers as he's been on the Blues.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The guy we need is John Carlson out of Washington. Heck even if we could work out a bigger trade like Carlson and Neuvirth Id be all over that. I dunno what it would take but I'd start at Dubnyk, Yakupov(Odd man out), N. Schultz for Carlson, Neuvirth, Brouwer. We could roll with this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Joensuu-Gordon-Brouwer
Gazdic-Acton-Brown
Smyth, Smack

Smid-Carlson
Ference-Petry
Belov-Schultz
Grebeshkov

Neuvirth
Labarbera

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I find it hard to believe people wouldn't do that trade.

Really not sure I would. If they switched teams, the reputation might be quite different.

If Krejci played here, he might not be the same player he is on Boston.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Really not sure I would. If they switched teams, the reputation might be quite different.

If Krejci played here, he might not be the same player he is on Boston.

i can tell you right now... he plays under CJ... a championship system where team always comes first. Put him into edmontons non-system philosophy? hed be lights out until the playoffs when the lack of system makes the team and him irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad