F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Would've been nice to see Nick playing for team USA. I understand he's got bigger fish to fry but he's the game-breaking talent they sorely lacked in yesterday's game vs the Russians. Him playing with Zegras/ Turcotte would've been a treat. Caufield and Kaliyev as good as they are, unfortunately don't provide the same kind of impact.
Caufield can and probably would if he was on Zegras line but Robertson, Hughes and Bordeleau would have made the US a powerhouse.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Robertson making his NHL regular season debut tonight.

Unfortunately skating on the 4th line, but hopefully gets a little PP time and moved around the lineup to take a few shifts from Thornton etc.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It’ll be a limited role tonight (just a couple so far), but curious to see how he does! Last playoffs his shot, skating, hands and hustle looked NHL ready, but he wasn’t close to strong enough, was pushed around easily. He’s been working out hard all offseason, number one thing I’m looking at tonight is how he does in battles.

Edit: just had a good shift about 9 mins into the first. Held his own in a physical battle, got a shot, and was generally very involved.

Reactions: Puckstuff

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Injured, out for the night at least :/ Knee went funny into the boards after a hit. I thought it didn’t look too serious, but you never really know. Hopefully doesn’t keep him out too long.

I thought he was having a decent game pre-injury.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
During the Flames/Canucks post game, they mentioned Robertson will be out long-term.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
During the Flames/Canucks post game, they mentioned Robertson will be out long-term.
It's not looking good for him. Keefe said he is going to miss some time and is going for an MRI.

I feel bad for the kid. He's as dedicated and as hard a worker as anybody trying to make the show.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Feel especially bad for him because he skipped the world juniors to focus on playing in the NHL. He’ll come back stronger no matter what. He’s been a battler all of his life.
he should of battle for a gold medal, smh says a lot about his character tbh

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
he should of battle for a gold medal, smh says a lot about his character tbh
Hmmmn participate in a junior tourney and risk injury and take away someone's gold medal and position on the team vs honor your organizational commitment and contract after making the team and already having had that junior moment?

Hardly something worth criticizing. Nobility in both decisions if you ask me

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Hmmmn participate in a junior tourney and risk injury and take away someone's gold medal and position on the team vs honor your organizational commitment and contract after making the team and already having had that junior moment?

Hardly something worth criticizing. Nobility in both decisions if you ask me
I'm also pretty sure the Leafs played a big part in his decision to not go. Hard to fault him for working his ass off to make his NHL team.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Just coming back from injury. Played his 1st ever AHL games the last 2 day.

Picked up 3 points in the 2 games, 1 goal - 2 assists. Looked good. Skating still a bit awkward, but time with Underhill should improve that. Definitely not something that will hold him back at the next level, however. Shot is still there, and obviously world class.

Shouldn't be long before he's back up with the Maple Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad