F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I didn't see a thread on this speedster, here is his EP link: Nicholas Robertson at eliteprospects.com

Brother of Dallas Stars power forward Jason Robertson, Nicholas plays nearly the exact opposite style of game. He is shifty, fast, creative with the puck...he is on the smaller side but his older brothers are both over 6'0 and I believe he is now 5'10 so not a smurf here either. He had a great showing at the Hlinka for the US, and seems to have put himself in the top 31 conversation for this years draft.

He had a strong rookie year in the OHL last year, a bit under the radar - 15g 18a - 33 points..I see a nice leap in goals and points this year, the confidence is clearly there for him, his role will be expanding as well...definitely someone to keep tabs on as this is the new NHL, and these are the players that are starting to get taken much higher in drafts than 5-6 years ago.

Robertson and Kaliyev were teammates for the US at the Hlinka, and could likely be the top 2 US born players taken out of the OHL in next years draft.

Reactions: Primary Assist

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he impressed at the Hlinka, I undersold him last year as I didn't think he was gifted enough to be a top 3 round player, my mind has been changed pretty strongly though he needs to prove it this year and not just one tournament.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he had a very slow start/injuries...now this kid has been on fire the past month...2 more goals tonight, he is very quietly working his way back up to a near ppg player...he was a potential top 45 pick prior to start the year, seems to have dipped some due to that slow start/injured time..but I think he is making a nice case for a solid mid second round pick here with plenty of upside.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go higher than projections. He's highly skilled and I think some teams may gamble that he's still got a growth spurt in him as his brothers are both bigger, while being comfortable that with his skating that he's still worth the chance even if he stays undersized.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
remember thinking he was the USA player who stood out the most at Hlinka this summer!

SAM STEVENS

Oct 21, 2018
I disagree, not even the best on his line.

Good showing though, should hopefully bump him up into the first round.
Showed great playmaking ability and got into good scoring areas as well, Made some D blunders everyone did but 3 apples with 2 that were him creating the goal and 1 him starting it who was better on his line?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
he had a very slow start/injuries...now this kid has been on fire the past month...2 more goals tonight, he is very quietly working his way back up to a near ppg player...he was a potential top 45 pick prior to start the year, seems to have dipped some due to that slow start/injured time..but I think he is making a nice case for a solid mid second round pick here with plenty of upside.

If he were his brother Jason's size, where do you think he goes in the draft?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If he were his brother Jason's size, where do you think he goes in the draft?
honestly not sure, sometimes what makes these players special is their current size/frame. I can't imagine Kane would be any better if he was 6'1, in fact I think he might be worse off with how he plays the game. Robertson isn't that small so I think he is fine as is and his draft stock is based on his health/ability to stay healthy and a consistent second half in scoring.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kid has all of the ingredients to be a steal if he goes outside of the 1st round.

Reactions: islandurrs

hockey411

May 26, 2019
Kids got great talent but not being pumped like other players so 1st round I really cant see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->