F Nicholas Robertson - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2019, 53rd, TOR)

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
No way Leafs let him go back to Peterborugh they need all the scoring they can get and he’s for sure has to be the next call up

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Being born prematurely can effect height later in life?

I was 3 weeks early, but ended up 6'4"
Nick was born 3 months early. According to a quick google, 3 weeks early would have you right on the borderline of today's definition of "premature". I imagine that the medical difference between three weeks and three months early is quite significant.

Born premature on 9/11, they weren’t sure if Leafs’ prospect Nick Robertson would survive. Now he’s an inspiration
What is full term?

Of course, it's entirely possible that Nick just got the short genes. We will almost certainly never know.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Have two sons, one premature, one didn't want to come out. One is 5'8", the other 6'1". Both super healthy and athletic, though.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
2 points his first Marlies game, was looking good. But then fractured his fibula in an awkward collision in game 2, out 10 weeks :/

Mar 12, 2009
can he be sent back to junior? At this point it maybe makes more sense to send him back even if it's as an OA and actually get playing time where he's less likely to get injured rather than risk sending him right back into the AHL after recovering from injury.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
can he be sent back to junior? At this point it maybe makes more sense to send him back even if it's as an OA and actually get playing time where he's less likely to get injured rather than risk sending him right back into the AHL after recovering from injury.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: Joel Ward

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I am not sure what level you are playing at has any bearing on whether you fall awkwardly and break your leg. It could happen in practice. It is just a fluke injury. There is absolutely no benefit to sending him back to junior for any reason. The fact he is coming back from a fairly big injury is probably the biggest reason...keep him in house with our staff.

Reactions: Coaches Coroner

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You just don't understand but it's ok.
I do understand. You want to stifle his development because for whatever reason you think he can't suffer an injury that would stifle his development while playing in junior.

Furthermore, how would it help him long-term? He will become bulletproof in half a year? :laugh: Yeah I don't think you thought this through.

Mar 12, 2009
I do understand. You want to stifle his development because for whatever reason you think he can't suffer an injury that would stifle his development while playing in junior.

Furthermore, how would it help him long-term? He will become bulletproof in half a year? :laugh: Yeah I don't think you thought this through.
Still missing it lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad