Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You know why Sens fans have the right to complain? Despite everything else, and there's a LOT, after we win the draft lottery tonight, in a few months when the Return To Play fails and the NHL toys with the idea of revoking the results in order to do a 31 team lottery (see Bobby Mac's tweet, I'm not making this up), Melnyk will have no good will. His cries and lobbying will fall on completely deaf ears. Whereas if it were Pittsburgh, or Montreal, and any other reasonably respected owner, they would have at least some influence over the decision.
The picks we end up with tonight are our picks guaranteed. Unless we trade them.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Could the NHL be that stupid? Wow. Imagine the excitement in a fanbase knowing you got 1OA and then its taken away. That's crazy
I think Bobby Mac tweeted about a scenario like this yesterday. A scenario where the season doesn't get completed and the draft lottery becomes similar to the Crosby draft. If Bobby Mac is tweeting about it, you know the league has the same thoughts. Unless I completely misunderstood his tweets which is possible.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I think Bobby Mac tweeted about a scenario like this yesterday. A scenario where the season doesn't get completed and the draft lottery becomes similar to the Crosby draft. If Bobby Mac is tweeting about it, you know the league has the same thoughts. Unless I completely misunderstood his tweets which is possible.

Doesn’t seem hard to understand. He said one GM had that opinion. Nothing about the leagues thoughts.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Not based on what Bobby Mac said yesterday. The league could very well screw us.
It’s ok, we’ll just file a lawsuit against the NHL, they’ll counter with their own lawsuit for devaluing the brand and around and around we go.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Still complaining...

You could just click the ignore button on all the posters that make you this angry.
It’s hilarious how you guys project so effortlessly. If I put everyone on the ignore list who spent all day complaining on this board there’d practically be nothing left to read.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

You'd think if that was within the realm os possibility that they'd scrap tonight's draw

Winning 1OA and then losing it would be devastating

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The owner is a dick-head, we all know it & unfortunately it doesn't look like he will sell the team anytime soon. Let's move on & talk about hockey rather than him so much & stop imagining all the terrible things that he will or will not do. This could end up being the most important draft for this franchise in it's recent history. Discuss.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
The owner is a dick-head, we all know it & unfortunately it doesn't look like he will sell the team anytime soon. Let's move on & talk about hockey rather than him so much & stop imagining all the terrible things that he will or will not do. This could end up being the most important draft for this franchise in it's recent history. Discuss.

Sorry but talking about hockey in the Eugene Melnyk thread would actually be against the rules.

Reactions: aragorn

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This is just what happens when your team is in the crapper for so many years and nobody has faith in the people making decisions.

Discussion always turns to the business and drama side when nobody cares whats happening on the field/ice. Even moreso when you get regular news items like the Senators do.

The discussion will shift when what happens on the ice starts to matter again and is actually exciting to watch.

Reactions: aragorn

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Then why are you here if you're the one true non-complainer on this forum?
Because I’m unhappy with the overwhelming negativity on this board. I’m not saying there aren’t things to complain about, starting with the owner of this team.

But I think it’s absurd the level it’s been taken to. The acrimony over the most insignificant things. It’s time you guys are confronted about your behaviors on this forum and the way you want to turn it into an echo chamber. Anytime you guys are confronted about your pointless complaints (not the legitimate gripes) you say the same things “read another thread” “use the ignore button” “stop complaining about people complaining”. You guys have no salient arguments, you just want to complain for the sake of it. So this is the stance I’m taking until things start turning around.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Because I’m unhappy with the overwhelming negativity on this board. I’m not saying there aren’t things to complain about, starting with the owner of this team.

But I think it’s absurd the level it’s been taken to. The acrimony over the most insignificant things. It’s time you guys are confronted about your behaviors on this forum and the way you want to turn it into an echo chamber. Anytime you guys are confronted about your pointless complaints (not the legitimate gripes) you say the same things “read another thread” “use the ignore button” “stop complaining about people complaining”. You guys have no salient arguments, you just want to complain for the sake of it. So this is the stance I’m taking until things start turning around.

Isn't that the job of the moderators?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The tired comebacks of people who don't have any salient points in an argument.

Explain why you feel so insulted that the president of business operations would go on radio and say he feels the owner is dedicated to winning a Stanley Cup? As opposed to saying what? He talked about repairing the organization's relationship with the community.

What else is he supposed to f***ing say? "We're dogshit. Melnyk is a piece of garbage. We're probably never gonna make the playoffs again. And I'm not sure why the f*** I even took this job in the first place. I hope this guy dies or sells the team soon." ?????
Dont lie, its not complicated. Never suggested the ridiculous statement you just presented. Dont say he is dedicated to winning when he is firing scouts not hiring them when they have 13 draft picks. Its a tone def response.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Boohoo its in the Melnyk thread. I post thousands of other posts and dont bring him up. Thats what this thread is for. If you like the taste of a shit sandwhich doesnt mean we cant complain about it because we actually have taste buds.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

With how things are looking in the US in terms of COVID 19, you have to think the NHL has already had talks about what happens if they just shut her down.

No matter what happens, we'll pick at the positions we get tonight.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
With how things are looking in the US in terms of COVID 19, you have to think the NHL has already had talks about what happens if they just shut her down.

No matter what happens, we'll pick at the positions we get tonight.
Not exactly that simple, no.

Yes, they should have plans. They haven’t been relayed to any teams as of yet.

Absolutely should be the case, but there would very likely be something new done should there be no playoffs. Teams get nothing with no playoffs, they will absolutely get something in return of that.

If a team that is in the play in’s wins, how do you determine who gets the pick? Why would they get to have a lottery pick while the other teams never had a chance, along with no playoffs?

Last edited:

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Soooooo Euge, crappy team with no star on the way from the draft, several more years of a half empty rink.....time to sell today!!!!!!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ya his ace in the hole was Laf. None of the other guys are insta ticket sales like he would have been.

No doubt they can build a good team, but you can't understimate the impact players like that could have on the franchise beyond whats on the ice.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Here here. I completely agree with this. Every person that posts here wants him gone. This would be a better place if we could move on from Melnyk discussions.... at least between incidents lol

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Here here. I completely agree with this. Every person that posts here wants him gone. This would be a better place if we could move on from Melnyk discussions.... at least between incidents lol

For the past week, I was all focused on the draft lottery. However, with months of no hockey for the Sens, Melnyk related news may be the only Sens news until the draft.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Lol

“why can’t the fans stop talking about Melnyk!!”

- Melnyk continues to put himself on front page news month after month.

If you want fans to stop talking about him, how about he does us a favour and stop making an ass of himself and the franchise by not always being on the news. We’re the only team in the league that has an owner that is constantly in the news for stupid shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad