Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
After that interview i bet he is around until Melnyk dies or sells. The most embarassing and insulting to the fans interview I have heard since Dorion said he was proud it was his most proud day trading Stone. I mean I dont think anyone could top that and they likely wont but this was a farce to say the least.

It didn't resonate with you that he said the in-game experience at CTC was "great"?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I give this guy until the start of next season.

He just did an interview where he claims that winning will fix the relationship between the owner and the fans.

What an absolute tool.

Obviously people complain less when the team is winning. The heart if the issue in the relationship isn't the lack of winning. "Listen babe, I'm sorry if I'm abusive but if we make more money everything will be fine!"

Unfortunately I think this guy sounds like he's fine being a mouthpiece so he might last a while.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Melnyk's new sidekick making the rounds this morning spewing the same crap that every other CEO, CFO, COO this org has hired in the past 2 years. Snubbing the sports radio station who covers the team on a daily basis is an interesting move. No mention of Alfie of course, which is embarrassing, the organization should be proud and be helping push Alfie into the HOF.

Luckily for Leblanc, it seems that he didn't have to acknowledge what the actual problem is, which should buy him an extra month or two in his position.

Lol, yes the Sens walking around talking Alfie would not draw any backlash, “hey let’s go bring up old wounds”
It’s a no win

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Lol, yes the Sens walking around talking Alfie would not draw any backlash, “hey let’s go bring up old wounds”
It’s a no win

Everything is a no-win in a situation like that when you’ve got nothing but losers leading the charge.

Reactions: Gesus

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
After that interview i bet he is around until Melnyk dies or sells. The most embarassing and insulting to the fans interview I have heard since Dorion said he was proud it was his most proud day trading Stone. I mean I dont think anyone could top that and they likely wont but this was a farce to say the least.

Where was the interview? I'd like to listen to it

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I think Leblanc was part of ownership at Phoenix. I wonder if he try to be associated with Melnyk

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017

Another sad day to be a Sens fan. With Menlyk there's no bottom to the barrel with this organization.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Having their first Hall of Famer should be a proud moment for Melnyk, but instead, he makes it personal.

While I agree With you it is personal between Alfie and Melnyk. When Alfie was quoted saying the team really needs a new owner any possible relationship ended. Melnyk is too petty to forget that comment.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
There was nothing wrong with the interview. I have no idea what some of you guys are upset about.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
There was nothing wrong with the interview. I have no idea what some of you guys are upset about.
Was gonna type something, but this article sums the interview up nicely. IMO, the interview wasn't as bad as some are making it seem, but I definitely wouldn't say that "there was nothing wrong" with it. Purposely not making him available to the sports radio station is a big problem in my opinion.

Anthony LeBlanc Speaks to Local Media

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

It’s the song and dance. Seems very 6 months a new President is up at a mic saying “I have an incredible relationship with Poo Jeans Melnyck” - and a few months later they are quitting. And it’s the pumping of the owners tires, Melmyck doesn’t have bad press because he’s misunderstood or the media is biased, he has bad press because he’s an asshole.

Reactions: topshelf15

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It’s the song and dance. Seems very 6 months a new President is up at a mic saying “I have an incredible relationship with Poo Jeans Melnyck” - and a few months later they are quitting. And it’s the pumping of the owners tires, Melmyck doesn’t have bad press because he’s misunderstood or the media is biased, he has bad press because he’s an asshole.
I didn’t hear any “pumping the owners tires” or making excuses. When de he do that in the interview ?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Why does this organization still think it's a good idea to have interviews where the primary message is, "Eugene really wants to win, he's actually a great guy, and he's very excited so you should be excited."

Come out when you have a tangible announcement of something good: re-branding, renovations at CTC, hiring a President of Hockey Ops, anything. Otherwise, what's the point?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Why does this organization still think it's a good idea to have interviews where the primary message is, "Eugene really wants to win, he's actually a great guy, and he's very excited so you should be excited."

Come out when you have a tangible announcement of something good: re-branding, renovations at CTC, hiring a President of Hockey Ops, anything. Otherwise, what's the point?
I watched the CTV interview and he mentioned Melnyk by name once and it was a fleeting reference. No over the top adulations, no tire-pumping, no ass-kissing. I'm not really sure what you guys found to be so objectionable about what he said.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I watched the CTV interview and he mentioned Melnyk by name once and it was a fleeting reference. No over the top adulations, no tire-pumping, no ass-kissing. I'm not really sure what you guys found to be so objectionable about what he said.

There was nothing "objectionable", but we've heard the same thing from what, 4 or 5 people already? At this point, you just roll your eyes at platitudes. People want to hear about tangible things that will be happening.

I'm referring to the CFRA interview, where Leblanc said he's "never worked with an owner who talks more about winning than Eugene." Great?

Dorion seems to have learned his lesson and only speaks when there's something to announce. He no longer comes out and talks about how "excited he is". Sometimes he still says dumb things, but it's way better than it was 2 years ago. That's the way to go, at this point.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
There was nothing "objectionable", but we've heard the same thing from what, 4 or 5 people already? At this point, you just roll your eyes at platitudes. People want to hear about tangible things that will be happening.

I'm referring to the CFRA interview, where Leblanc said he's "never worked with an owner who talks more about winning than Eugene." Great?

Dorion seems to have learned his lesson and only speaks when there's something to announce. He no longer comes out and talks about how "excited he is". Sometimes he still says dumb things, but it's way better than it was 2 years ago. That's the way to go, at this point.
So you're complaining just for the sake of it. Why can't you guys give it a rest once in a while? Isn't there more than enough stuff to complain about when it comes to this team? I just don't get it. Making something out of nothing for what?

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So you're complaining just for the sake of it. Why can't you guys give it a rest once in a while? Isn't there more than enough stuff to complain about when it comes to this team? I just don't get it. Making something out of nothing for what?
He went on about how Melnyk wants to win the entire time. Clearly thats not true. Its insulting to the fans. Its the same dog and pony show. Cant you stop complaining about other people complaining.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He went on about how Melnyk wants to win the entire time. Clearly thats not true. Its insulting to the fans. Its the same dog and pony show. Cant you stop complaining about other people complaining.
Who f***ing cares? Who's even left as a fan to insult, let alone how were they insulted? By saying they want to win a Stanley Cup? You guys just love acrimony. And you love this pointless quip of "stop complaining about people complaining". It's so besides the point. What a sad state of affairs this board is now, it's just full of the same lame brained quips and jabs that mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad