Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just a quick note;

The past few threads that discussed ownership and management have become heated fairly quickly. I get that people are passionate about the topic which covers a wide array of themes beyond just hockey stuff that can stir up emotions, but it's important to keep the discourse civil, and stay away from being overly provocative. While it may seem like threads are locked for no reason, you don't see all the posts that we delete, and when the conversations start to repeat with no additional content save an extra dash of flaming, trolling or provoking one another, locking the thread is the result.

So with that in mind, please try and:

1. Critique the content of the post not the poster
2. Don't mis-characterize a posters position or posts to something outlandish. in other words don't twist what somebody posts to the worst possible interpretation.
3. Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Users can discuss anyone, as long as it is on topic.

Users cannot make things up about people, nor can they make offensive comments that are considered as slurs or stereotypes.

Talking crap about other users will also end up as a warning/infraction from a moderator.

For those who love writing 5 paragraphs on topic and throw in a slight at another poster or posters will definitely end up getting a warning/infraction from a moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

It will be interesting to see how this management group does with the next 4-6 years ... the core assets they inherited have passed their peak. I give full props to a management group that can turn this around quickly vs the ones that take over a “fully primed” rebuild with Crosby/Malkin type 19 year old assets.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It will be interesting to see how this management group does with the next 4-6 years ... the core assets they inherited have passed their peak. I give full props to a management group that can turn this around quickly vs the ones that take over a “fully primed” rebuild with Crosby/Malkin type 19 year old assets.
The Hawks group turned things around when they got a new owner.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I found the new ceo. Hawks have fired his ceo McDonough after 13 years.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
How much playoff revenue are the Senators really out? If the NHL has to give back money for the national broadcast deals, then the Sens will lose that but a high escrow number to scale back what the players were paid will be significant for the Senators.

The teams I'd consider in trouble are the ones without the big regional tv deal and expecting big playoff crowds. Teams like Tampa Bay, St Louis, Colorado, etc.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How much playoff revenue are the Senators really out? If the NHL has to give back money for the national broadcast deals, then the Sens will lose that but a high escrow number to scale back what the players were paid will be significant for the Senators.

The teams I'd consider in trouble are the ones without the big regional tv deal and expecting big playoff crowds. Teams like Tampa Bay, St Louis, Colorado, etc.

One of the funding sources of revenue sharing payments is playoff revenues; teams in the playoffs contribute a 3rd of their gates to it. We're going to lose some revenue sharing for sure.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
One of the funding sources of revenue sharing payments is playoff revenues; teams in the playoffs contribute a 3rd of their gates to it. We're going to lose some revenue sharing for sure.

We will lose a lot of revenue for sure, but the losses will be divided up so that the financially weak teams are not in danger of folding.

Who knows, maybe the NHL will again help refinance some debt... and the cycle continues.

If they cancel the playoffs or shorten them it’s not good for anyone

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Biebs as Sens owner?

Eliotte Friedman said:
5) I asked Hishon about one of the wildest rumours of last year, that Bieber (with his father) had expressed interest in owning the Ottawa Senators. He laughed and said he’d never heard that one. He did say Bieber’s budding bromance with Auston Matthews made him wonder about a closer relationship with the Maple Leafs, à la Drake and the Raptors.

31 Thoughts: Best-case scenario for resumption of NHL season - Sportsnet.ca

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
How would Bieber have the bankroll needed to buy a team? Maybe as a minority partner in a larger group of investors? But even then, what does he bring to the table apart from his celebrity?

I don't see this being a serious rumour other than the rumour last year of #MelnykOut hiring the services of a firm to look for a new owner/investor. I always thought this rumour mutated from the rumour of El Cheapo attaining the services of a firm to headhunt a new CEO. At least these show that the rumours some of us kept hearing wrt Sens ownership may not have been barbar talk.

I Beliebe the Bieb rumours were just talk - perhaps Biebs said something that spread like wildfire, much like anything Bieb related.

Last edited:

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The Bieber rumor seems more serious. Now french media talk about it lol

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The Bieber rumor seems more serious. Now french media talk about it lol

He can partner up with all his rich friends... for sure.

F3B45952-DEAB-4D9A-9FD2-64008E8792DB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad