Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton vs Montreal, Monday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
??

Last 5GP he’s been averaging 17TOI tips on the teams Cs
Yes,and he needs to play more he has averaged 14:50 this year ...Barkov was playing over 19 minutes a game in his 3rd year...that is how you develop a hockey player.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It’s not the 4th line though and they won’t be used as a 4th line. With all the games, they will role 4 line and give more ice time to line that is working the most during the game

Agreed. With the intense schedule coming up, I would imagine they intend to roll 4 lines quite equally. Something close to 15 mins each.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yes,and he needs to play more he has averaged 14:50 this year ...Barkov was playing over 19 minutes a game in his 3rd year...that is how you develop a hockey player.
KK has led the team last 5GP w 17TOI. It’s about developing a team game not a player. If the team can dominate the player will look that much better when the opposition has started to wear down in the second half of the game.

Much ado about nothing, KK will get his PP time in addition to a regular shift.

If anything as we’ve seen it’s Danault whose losing TOI, since the teams been getting 3.5min less in penalties and he will lose that PP time w Toffoli back and Staal now here

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
But KK is not Barkov and he will never be... Just look at Suzuki
, they are using him the most even if he’s young because he showed that he could handle that.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

I don't like KK being on the fourth line at all. He's definitely been better than Suzuki over the last month or two, and should be playing with better wingers.

I'd also prefer Evans in the lineup over Byron or Lehkonen.

That said, this is still the best lineup Montreal has had in years.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Reading too much into it. Habs don’t have numbered lines w Staal they finally have what they’ve wanted all year....ability to roll 4-lines all game long, dictate pace / physicality to wear down the opposition.
Wherever Lehkonen and Byron are, is the 4th line.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I really dislike this..

KK set up Toffoli multiple times last game and then gets the only guy with a scoring touch on his line pulled from him.. and then Evans has had some of his best games the last two and he gets scratched?

Just put Staal on the wing of Suzuki and help him on the draws.. keep Toffoli or Anderson with KK and leave Evans in the line-up. Fire Drouin or Byron into the sun.

The PP line with Drouin and Weber is insanely bad because one guy can't pass and the other can't shoot.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
I really dislike this..

KK set up Toffoli multiple times last game and then gets the only guy with a scoring touch on his line pulled from him.. and then Evans has had some of his best games the last two and he gets scratched?

Just put Staal on the wing of Suzuki and help him on the draws.. keep Toffoli or Anderson with KK and leave Evans in the line-up. Fire Drouin or Byron into the sun.

The PP line with Drouin and Weber is insanely bad because one guy can't pass and the other can't shoot.

Why does it have to be one or the other? :sarcasm:

Reactions: WeThreeKings

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Wherever Lehkonen and Byron are, is the 4th line.
Then why did KK lead all Habs Cs w 17:16 on Sat and nearly 17 game before w Byron & Lekhonen? Which 4th line C in the NHL get that kind of TOI?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I really dislike this..

It’s almost like Julien is still behind the bench

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
2nd video
Mrb1ps day: Ruined

You called KK on the 4th line. And I told you Ducharme wasn't dumb enough to do that.

Well, fflor what it's worth I also said if KK is on the 4th line it won't last long, as Ducharme will realize his mistake and unlike Claude ge makes adjustments quickly. That will now be put to the teast.

I think Lehkonen KK Byron will make a good 4th line. But I don't Staal will make a good 2c.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
People that still thinks KK is barkov. Barkov is a top 5 centres in the league.

KK still has trouble in the d zone ala last game leaving dadonov wide open in front of the net and going to a player petry was already guarding. But oh right. That was Price fault.

Gimmie Brady any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s okay to admit we f up. Could be worst but Brady def better than KK. tell me you wouldn’t want a game changer 50-60 pt 6’3 power forward at 20 years old. If you believe KK still has potential and can become barkov. Why not Brady still have potential to be one of the best PF for decades to come.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012

KK still has trouble in the d zone ala last game leaving dadonov wide open in front of the net and going to a player petry was already guarding. But oh right. That was Price fault.

Gimmie Brady any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s okay to admit we f up. Could be worst but Brady def better than KK. tell me you wouldn’t want a game changer 50-60 pt 6’3 power forward at 20 years old. If you believe KK still has potential and can become barkov. Why not Brady still have potential to be one of the best PF for decades to come.

Sure. Tkachuk does not have any trouble in the D zone, because he is nowhere to be found.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't like KK being on the fourth line at all. He's definitely been better than Suzuki over the last month or two, and should be playing with better wingers.
But not in his own end.
Even just last game ... you could breakdown a hand full of plays where KK didn’t take the right player or was a little out of position.
Basic stuff for a young center to learn.

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
Evans was a no-show until the recent game. Makes sense to see him being benched. And I actually like to see Staal getting a chance with 2 top wingers. That would be fun to watch.

Agreed. Evans needed to pick up his play *before* the Staal acquisition to stay in the lineup, not after. His struggles were one of the reasons Staal was picked up, he can't erase that with a few good games. Either way, he'll likely get more chances as the remaining schedule makes injuries seem pretty inevitable.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
I’m a realist. I like the Anderson for domi trade. Love that we won the petry trade. Glad we won the danault and Romanov for Weise trade.

But we f up sergachev for drouin
We f up Morgan Riley/dumba/Forberg over chuckie
And we up for Brady over KK. That said I rather have KK over Zadina or wahstrolm

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
I’m not sure why some fans still believe in bicep timmins

take out 2007. What exactly has he done in the first round

chipchura, Fischer, tonordi, beaulieu, scherbak, mccarron, Leblanc

Reactions: The Great Weal

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

How do you he got to that point?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Then why did KK lead all Habs Cs w 17:16 on Sat and nearly 17 game before w Byron & Lekhonen? Which 4th line C in the NHL get that kind of TOI?
Those weren’t his line mates on Sat and he plays PP is why he gets a little more ice time. Still garbage 5 v 5 line mates for the best or 2nd best playmaker on team.

Reactions: Habs178
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad