Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton vs Montreal, Monday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
But not in his own end.
Even just last game ... you could breakdown a hand full of plays where KK didn’t take the right player or was a little out of position.
Basic stuff for a young center to learn.
I get this argument, but there's also the argument to be made that not every single player needs to be a Selke candidate. If Kotkaniemi can set up people in the offensive zone and give the team a chance to score, then playing him with wingers who can take advantage of that seems like a much smarter thing to do than playing him with guys who have a combined six goals this season. You don't have to give him defensive zone faceoffs or put him out there with a minute left to defend the lead if you think he may be a liability, but you should lean in on a player's strengths rather than try to hide their weaknesses, which also all but eliminates the reason the player has been good lately.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People that still thinks KK is barkov. Barkov is a top 5 centres in the league.

KK still has trouble in the d zone ala last game leaving dadonov wide open in front of the net and going to a player petry was already guarding. But oh right. That was Price fault.

Gimmie Brady any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It’s okay to admit we f up. Could be worst but Brady def better than KK. tell me you wouldn’t want a game changer 50-60 pt 6’3 power forward at 20 years old. If you believe KK still has potential and can become barkov. Why not Brady still have potential to be one of the best PF for decades to come.

That was Petry's fault.. the defensive system in place is for Petry to go after the man behind the net (not that I agree with this).. when Petry failed to do this, KK hesitantly chased thinking that's what Petry wanted from him.. and then Petry, despite seeing KK being to move in, then decided to go in at the same time.

This was one of 4 instances that game which was Petry's fault.. but of course, we need to also throw in some wrist slitting over Brady Tkachuk who's averaging less p/60 despite double the PP time per game than KK, and plays a position which requires little defensive commitment.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You called KK on the 4th line. And I told you Ducharme wasn't dumb enough to do that.

Well, fflor what it's worth I also said if KK is on the 4th line it won't last long, as Ducharme will realize his mistake and unlike Claude ge makes adjustments quickly. That will now be put to the teast.

I think Lehkonen KK Byron will make a good 4th line. But I don't Staal will make a good 2c.
Yes sure, all is well in the world, right ? I also think that world hunger will be solved real quick.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Maybe it’s a different in generational philosophy. Maybe there’s a few gen Zers here who like to that’s things given to them. Needs to be cuddled and given bigger role in the job industry without showing any signs.

maybe it’s my old school and people needs to show something before they are given more responsibility.
Just showing my age

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
he developed. He improved. His coach didn’t just drop 20mpg to him. He made it so his coach HAD to give him more mins. I don’t see it with KK yet.
Do you think that part of that process so involved shoving his progress aside in order to placate a fading veteran arrival?

I get the Habs are excited about getting Staal...but he goes straight to 2nd line C, bumping Kotkaniemi down and he also goes to 1st PP unit bumping out Anderson who scored 2 goals last game.

Hey...if it works out, kudos. But that kinda stuff, IMO, has affect on moral and confidence throughout a lineup.

The right move was to gradually integrate Staal into what the Habs are doing...not make him the focal point.

But whatever...the lineup is going to change a ton over the next few weeks.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
He has another option.. on the wing next to Suzuki to help him take face-offs.

I agree and I had posted that before too. The good thing is Ducharme isn’t afraid to switch lines around depending on how well players are playing. Seeing those lines, as they are right now, I can’t wait to see Caufield in the lineup (if he plays well in Laval) and on Kotkaniemi’s line.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Do you think that part of that process so involved shoving his progress aside in order to placate a fading veteran arrival?

I get the Habs are excited about getting Staal...but he goes straight to 2nd line C, bumping Kotkaniemi down and he also goes to 1st PP unit bumping out Anderson who scored 2 goals last game.

Hey...if it works out, kudos. But that kinda stuff, IMO, has affect on moral and confidence throughout a lineup.

The right move was to gradually integrate Staal into what the Habs are doing...not make him the focal point.

But whatever...the lineup is going to change a ton over the next few weeks.

They seem to be really proud of the collection of players they’ve acquired from the legendary 2003 draft, unfortunately for Bargain he’s picked them all up 10 years too late.

Reactions: 417

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don’t care what he calls the line, you are giving KK two guys who can’t finish his passes. This is the problem.

That line contributed two goals the last game against Edmonton. Byron and Lehkonen also combined for a goal against Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->