Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton vs Montreal, Monday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not sure if posted elsewhere, per Renaud Lavoie, Gallagher may miss a few games so as not to aggravate the injury suffered last night vs Sens.

I assume that means groin injury?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Hopefully I'll be able to watch. It's always fun watching players of McDavid and Draisatl's calibre,

even more fun when Montreal has a serious chance to win!

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Oilers will be rested. They were supposed to play Vancouver Saturday, but that obviously got canceled. We'll need to be MUCH better than against Ottawa. I believe we will be.

Sens play a strong physical game against us. Oilers aren't nearly as physical.

Interested to see Staal. Hopefully, he doesn't suck.

Habs didn't show up to play on Saturday either. Both should be well rested.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Super curious to see the lines later today, even a little excited lol

I expect Staal replaces Evan's on the 4th unfortunately to start things off
But I HOPE what they actually do is bump the face off struggling Suzuki to wing and have Staal centering actual decent players and not plugs, would be an experiment I hope they opt for
Not a punishment for Nick by all means and not the end of his Center career, just let's see what he looks like with a bit of load off of his sophomore shoulders

Super curious

Reactions: BLONG7

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Hope the team will bring their A game tonight, cause even if we do have success vs the 2-headed monster, they'll want some kind of revenge too for their last game.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Not sure if posted elsewhere, per Renaud Lavoie, Gallagher may miss a few games so as not to aggravate the injury suffered last night vs Sens.

I assume that means groin injury?
Looked like groin off the bat, and he definitely should take some time off if so

Perfect time to have Suzuki shift to RW for a bit, dont let me down Dom (I always type DD and I start feeling disgusted all over again from past nightmare, I just cant do it, dom it is)

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin is back to sucking big time tbh. Mans good as gone.
His pic will be on milk cartons soon............
If Gally is injured, it would be a smart move at this point to inject Staal and as mentioned get Suzuki some time on the wing.....
I really don't think Staal will be forcing Evans out of the lineup guys.....Drouin could certainly benefit from sitting a game or two to get him re-engaged also.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Going by LaPresse article today, he's back into thinking too much because "he needs to do more". He always start to sucks when he does that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

And bringing down those around him

283960.jpg

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Eric Staal era starts tonight.......kind of......well, at least we have something new to focus on.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
4 games in 6 days will they play Price in 2 or 3?
Will be interesting indeed, Dom Dom has said he doesn’t want Allen sitting upwards of a 1-week between games. With 4-in-6 for the next month, could be a 60/40 split. Meaning Price would get 5-of next-8 starts.

I see Price starting 3-this week (Edm, Leafs and Jets on Sat) and 2-next week (Leafs & 2nd vs Cgy)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Haven't been paying attention over the weekend but where is Staal going to play?

Top 3 LW
or
Top 3 C
or
4th line Center

They went for him because he's a center.
He might start someplaces else, but he'll eventually get there.

We shouldn't forget that Staal was more productive than any of our center in 2019-2020......

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They went for him because he's a center.
He might start someplaces else, but he'll eventually get there.

We shouldn't forget that Staal was more productive than any of our center in 2019-2020......

I think he plays wing with Suzuki or KK and they share the center role. Staal takes most of the faceoffs. If I had to guess, he plays with Suzuki. Right handed shot and Left handed shot for face offs.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Looked like groin off the bat, and he definitely should take some time off if so

Perfect time to have Suzuki shift to RW for a bit, dont let me down Dom (I always type DD and I start feeling disgusted all over again from past nightmare, I just cant do it, dom it is)
Suzuki is not going to RW. He plays the most minutes of all centers. Staal will take away some of those minutes. All good.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kk is better at FOs than staal

We will see about that. I have not looked at the stats and I'm sure you have but I doubt I'd put more trust in KK over Staal in a critical faceoff. Don't overlook experience.

You looking at this year only? If so, don't you realize that Staal was probably uninspired with the Sabres?

With the Wild, Staal won 492 offensive zone faceoffs and lost 436.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We will see about that. I have not looked at the stats and I'm sure you have but I doubt I'd put more trust in KK over Staal in a critical faceoff. Don't overlook experience.

You looking at this year only? If so, don't you realize that Staal was probably uninspired with the Sabres?

With the Wild, Staal won 492 offensive zone faceoffs and lost 436.
KK is 54% in the last two months. Hes got exponentially better.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad