Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton vs Montreal, Monday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They seem to be really proud of the collection of players they’ve acquired from the legendary 2003 draft, unfortunately for Bargain he’s picked them all up 10 years too late.
I'm a fan of the Staal pick up...but it appears the Habs think they're getting the Staal from 10yrs ago.

Maybe they know something I don't

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
That "2nd" line screams defensively responsible... LOL

Good thing it's a home gave and Dom has last change otherwise EDM would put McDrai on the ice when they are on ans skate circles around them.

The Danault line will be busy tonight!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I get this argument, but there's also the argument to be made that not every single player needs to be a Selke candidate. If Kotkaniemi can set up people in the offensive zone and give the team a chance to score, then playing him with wingers who can take advantage of that seems like a much smarter thing to do than playing him with guys who have a combined six goals this season. You don't have to give him defensive zone faceoffs or put him out there with a minute left to defend the lead if you think he may be a liability, but you should lean in on a player's strengths rather than try to hide their weaknesses, which also all but eliminates the reason the player has been good lately.
Yep, true.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm a fan of the Staal pick up...but it appears the Habs think they're getting the Staal from 10yrs ago.

Maybe they know something I don't

Oh, me too.

But yeah, I expected him to not displace KK who’s been playing pretty good.

Reactions: 417

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That's a dumb ass reason. This team is not going to do anything focusing on Staal and Danault down the middle. This is silliness.

I mean the Danault line has been the best line since the return and KK was a -3 and looked putrid in the last game against Ottawa. It’s not like these lines are set in stone until the end of the season.

Reactions: angusyoung

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I mean the Danault line has been the best line since the return and KK was a -3 and looked putrid in the last game against Ottawa. It’s not like these lines are set in stone until the end of the season.
Dano was -2 last game? The entire team was bad, not just KK. Petry was -5 I mean it was an awful effort by almost everyone....but you throw KK under the bus?

Reactions: Habs178

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
How surprising..a line with Byron and Lek isn't tearing shit up.
Our focus needs to be Suzuki and KK. Our success is highly dependent on them developing into better players.
We never learn..

Reactions: BLONG7

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dano was -2 last game? The entire team was bad, not just KK. Petry was -5 I mean it was an awful effort by almost everyone....but you throw KK under the bus?

I don’t like Danault but the line is the most effective right now. There’s no argument against it. 8 points in his last 6 games for him.

I’m not throwing KK under the bus but he was directly responsible for at least one goal against the last game. A play that a CHL player would have made. But he had a couple of really good games with speedy defensive wingers. So put them together again. Makes sense to me.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
NHL is not a developing league it’s a result league. The development is for the AHL
People say this all the time...but it couldn't be further from the truth.

There are examples of players all over the NHL who are developing IN the NHL.

Including our very own Habs

Reactions: Justin11

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
contrary to popular talk on the board, i actually like the lines for tonight and can see it progressing to a trio of KK with CC and Armia
Not bad if you ask me.
It is a process, and we not in a must win mode. SO chill people

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Well, you were right...they did find a way to bump KK to the 4th line after all.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

I don’t think KK looked putrid last game. He made a mistake chasing a player behind the net, which was made worse by Petry chasing the same player afterwards.

He did make numerous plays to set-up high danger scoring chances too though. Setting up Perry, Toffoli, and Anderson in particular.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

How did he look putrid? He made a beautiful pass to Anderson for a goal and also set Toffoli up multiple times, including a breakaway. The PP presences weren't great, but they weren't great for anyone on the team.. and the defensive side was the unfortunate side effect of being on the ice while Petry self-destructed.

Reactions: Redux91 and malton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad