Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton vs Montreal, Monday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Boys will need to rebound in a big way against McDraisaitl.

Habs are 3-1 against the Oilers so far this year outscoring them 12-5. They've managed to keep the two headed monster in check for the most part limiting them to a combined 3 assists in 4 games.

What are your thoughts on the lines now that Staal will more than likely get into the lineup?

Go Habs Go!

giphy.gif

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Going to be hard to shut down McElbows and Draiguy again.
Hopefully they can somehow pull it off, would be refreshing to see them get 2 points again after being defeated by the Sens.
Will Carey get the start?! I assume.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Should be a good test for the team. I expect the last night's performance to be an outlier, but we won't be able to capitalize on a tired Oilers team this time.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oilers will be rested. They were supposed to play Vancouver Saturday, but that obviously got canceled. We'll need to be MUCH better than against Ottawa. I believe we will be.

Sens play a strong physical game against us. Oilers aren't nearly as physical.

Interested to see Staal. Hopefully, he doesn't suck.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Oilers will come out with a lot of energy with some rest. Last time they looked the worst I've seen them play this year and i watch a lot of their games since i'm close to their time zone.

We better play Allen in this one. Last game against the Oilers Price barely faced a tough shot.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I mean did we really expect The Habs to beat Ottawa last night?

We took the night off and Ottawa needs to sell too!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Oilers will be rested. They were supposed to play Vancouver Saturday, but that obviously got canceled. We'll need to be MUCH better than against Ottawa. I believe we will be.

Sens play a strong physical game against us. Oilers aren't nearly as physical.

Interested to see Staal. Hopefully, he doesn't suck.

Hey man, i watched last night's game, and i am sure the habs are rested too, heck i am more tired then them

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Petry needs to hit reboot to get his controller to work for this one. Swap sides with Perry and Anderson, Josh looks better on the left and Corey looks lost. Drouin to the 4th line and Staal in his place alongside KK

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Petry needs to hit reboot to get his controller to work for this one. Swap sides with Perry and Anderson, Josh looks better on the left and Corey looks lost. Drouin to the 4th line and Staal in his place alongside KK

I think they'll have Staal on Evans LW and take faceoffs and drop Perry there too. Besides last night, Suzuki is really struggling at faceoffs while KK is an absolute beast at strong side faceoffs so Staal won't help there. Suzuki needs to be insulated with some size come playoffs but I also want DD to drop Anderson to KKs wing and put Caufield on his other wing to insulate him with physical presence. Lots of options...

But for next game I could see

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli
Staal-Evans-Perry

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Boys will need to rebound in a big way against McDraisaitl.

Habs are 3-1 against the Oilers so far this year outscoring them 12-5. They've managed to keep the two headed monster in check for the most part limiting them to a combined 3 assists in 4 games.

What are your thoughts on the lines now that Staal will more than likely get into the lineup?

Go Habs Go!

giphy.gif
Habs have beaten Koskinen 3 times but got shut out easily against Mike Smith. It will be a different Oilers team tomorrow and after last night's game who knows what Habs team shows up.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think McDavid has the worst numbers against us. Maybe Danault has something to do with it?

McDavid and Draisaitl (he has 56 points already) plays too many minutes for their (very) low production against the Habs to only be thanks to Danault.

Julien opposed Evans to McDavid on the PK for example.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs have beaten Koskinen 3 times but got shut out easily against Mike Smith. It will be a different Oilers team tomorrow and after last night's game who knows what Habs team shows up.

I didn't see the game, but I wondered going into last night's game if we shouldn't have tinkered so much with a wining lineup/wining line combos.

It was totally different trios last night than the total domination we had against Ottawa on Thursday.

Reactions: Tyson

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don't know what to expect from this team anymore. If they can keep McDavid and Leon the Professional in check again they will win, if not...could get spanked.

Reactions: dnl4ever

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
absolutely pathetic performance lat night. if they have any sense of pride or desire, they'll step up and win. expecting much better from petry, price et all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad