Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton vs Montreal, Monday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Evans has played well lately. Would be a shame for him to sit more than a game.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, you were right...they did find a way to bump KK to the 4th line after all.
Man, who couldve predicted that, amirite ?

MRB1P youre so negative... Chill out dude, everythings going to be fine. In three years he will get better linemates, in three years he will get playing time.

2021: Hold my beer.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I get this argument, but there's also the argument to be made that not every single player needs to be a Selke candidate. If Kotkaniemi can set up people in the offensive zone and give the team a chance to score, then playing him with wingers who can take advantage of that seems like a much smarter thing to do than playing him with guys who have a combined six goals this season. You don't have to give him defensive zone faceoffs or put him out there with a minute left to defend the lead if you think he may be a liability, but you should lean in on a player's strengths rather than try to hide their weaknesses, which also all but eliminates the reason the player has been good lately.
The optimist in me thinks that maybe this is a challenge for him and they want to see what he can do. Moreover, DD doesn't seem afraid to blend the lines occasionally.

I don't like this move but he may want to get Staal going in his first game... not too concerned but I don't like it long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad