Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Oilers Acquire Alex Petrovic for Chris Wideman & 3rd '19

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
A third rounder? This ******* needs to go away.

But he's "highly regarded" by Daryl Katz, otherwise he would never have been hired in the first place.

Agreed that 3rd round picks can be quite valuable.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He's not a pylon. He's as good as Gravel (who I like a lot) with less of a step but more physicality. Some punishing hits. Petrovic is somebody that can really wake up opponents with some hits. The kind of hits that cause people to be less inclined to be in scoring areas.

Its predictable though that I would like this kind of player. I like physical D that are big and tough.

I just hope he can keep up.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
He isn't. He isn't good enough for Florida. He is a #7 d
Yeah, on the surface it looks like a classic chia move. Early to pass judgment completely though I guess, maybe a trade back home will help him out.

I third on top of another equal level dman seems really excessive though...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wideman was absolutely useless. Petrovic is a serviceable 6/7 who will get ice time over the time when Klefbom is out. Probably will also replace Benning as well in the bottom pair when Klef gets back. Don’t like the 3rd at all, is another overpay.

Jones elevated to top pair in practice today. (Typical Oiler move. Play a 20 yo D way out of his element). Nurse expendable next with PJ for a veteran forward? Can’t see it. Would weaken us further on D.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Good lord. Better hope Matheson is out to lunch again.

As much as its scary that its Chia at the helm we lost 5 games in a row. It is that time where you have to shake things up. Please trade Spooner and get an actual player for him. Please, please.

Imagine if Chia was able to get an actual player for Lucic. A guy can dream.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I haven't seen Petrovic lately but he's a guy that had value at one point. Has his game taken a complete swan dive?
In 26 games this season he is a -8 and has one point.

His team has pretty bad GA when he is on the ice and generates almost nothing offensively. He is bad at best

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
This definitely screams desperation. Adding the 3rd is a massive overpay.

I'm afraid that this might mean Russell is out for longer than expected.

Any updates on Russell?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
pretty "meh" from me

Wideman sucks, Petrovic is a slight upgrade in terms of actual "defense" but has no offense to his game

giving up a 3rd rounder is a steep price

surprised they're allowing Chia to make trades at this point

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wideman was absolutely useless. Petrovic is a serviceable 6/7 who will get ice time over the time when Klefbom is out. Probably will also replace Benning as well in the bottom pair when Klef gets back. Don’t like the 3rd at all, is another overpay.

Jones elevated to top pair in practice today. (Typical Oiler move. Play a 20 yo D way out of his element). Nurse expendable next with PJ for a veteran forward? Can’t see it. Would weaken us further on D.
Petrovic is slightly better defensively than Benning but like...light years worse offensively

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
As much as its scary that its Chia at the helm we lost 5 games in a row. It is that time where you have to shake things up. Please trade Spooner and get an actual player for him. Please, please.

Yeah, he's gonna trade Lucic for Seabrook and our cap is gonna be FUBAR'ed for the next 7 years.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Florida isn’t an analytics team since Tallon took over if thats what youre implying. Even the most basic stats tell you not to give away Marchessault and Smith to protect Petrovic.

They are still heavily invested in analytics. Bougner is an analytics guy and they have a Director for data science.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Done. Spooner and a 2nd for Richard Panik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad