Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Oilers Acquire Alex Petrovic for Chris Wideman & 3rd '19

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'm hoping we hear that Florida is retaining salary. That'd atleast make some sense with the pick.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Garbage. Petrovic probably isn't even an upgrade on Wideman and they give up a high 3rd. Petrovic sucks but he's an Edmonton boy and has character so it's all good.

Between this and the stupid Detroit Lions winning a game they should be tanking, I'm having a shit day.

Reactions: Multigrain

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
This guy is not better than Wideman. The Oilers really need to hire someone that has googled the term asset management at some point in their lives.

Born in Edmonton though!
Agree Wideman much better but the GM had to make a move and Hitchcock likes the big guys and does the team really have a fighter?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Petrovic could be traded for a 3rd round pick if he sucks. The Oilers can flip him at the trade deadline.

Nothing trade
Guaranteed the Oilers turn him into a 5th or 6th round pick. Good asset management.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Why is he still allowed to make trades if we going to fire him? Guess those rumors aren’t true from last night.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What a terrible trade. If it was straight across I would say maybe even. One slug for another. But to give up a 3rd rounder as well? And a rental to boot? Must be the Griffin Reinhart effect. Homegrown boy or ex Oil King must be the condition I guess. Petrovic is nothing more than another guy that was drafted for toughness but has difficulty in keeping up in todays NHL and thinking the game at that speed. And he's crashed badly in the years since his draft. the man has lost his marbles, and is now in full desperation mode. Nuge's agent should be on standby. Meanwhile Lowe and company sit back and watch Rome burn.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Petrovic is better than Wideman and the most important thing at this point is getting through the injuries. We’ll see how the value pans out, but at least it makes us better right now

Why a 3rd rounder too?

So in the end.. a 3rd and 6th for Petrovic.

Chia sucks

A 3rd and Jerabek for Petrovic actually

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Garbage. Petrovic probably isn't even an upgrade on Wideman and they give up a high 3rd. Petrovic sucks but he's an Edmonton boy and has character so it's all good.

Between this and the stupid Detroit Lions winning a game they should be tanking, I'm having a **** day.

I liked Gravel because we got him for nothing. But I like this too because its a similar punishing player, no nonsense D, and a guy that can just clear net and keep guys from getting the easy ones around the net. Our goalies have been hung out to dry the last half dozen games. This addresses that as does Petrovic size.

Wideman is exactly the type of D that wasn't helping. He was horrible in ownzone and coverage. Wideman might work better in schemes and configs we don't have. Petrovic is a fit with what we do.

To me sending Wideman away is almost a plus in this. I could never understand acquiring him. I actually like we've been able to parlay Wideman for Petrovic.

Essentially we got a Petrovic rental for a 6th and a 3rd pick. We have to compete now so I don't mind it costing some low probability futures.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Why is he still allowed to make trades if we going to fire him? Guess those rumors aren’t true from last night.

Maybe because the idiots above him gave the okay. Lol!

But yeah, Wideman sucked here and barely even broke the lineup with injuries. Petrovic seems much better defensively but black hole offensive player.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Wideman trade is just weird now. Disappointing to lose the third, but Petrovic could be a good add moving forward...

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera - Petrovic
Gravel - Benning

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad