Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Oilers Acquire Alex Petrovic for Chris Wideman & 3rd '19

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If it were up to me, We get rid of Benning, Nurse, Gravel, Manning, and Petrovic. Hell trade one of Klef or Larsson for something better or try. This D needs to be even average next year.
So trade 2 top 4 D? When we need more top 4 D, in what world does that make sense

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Not just a 3rd but the better of the two the Oilers had. If the draft was today Florida would get the 67th overall as opposed to 90th.
There should be an investigation as to why Chia deliberately sabotaged this team in the last 3 trade moves. No one is that stupid deliberately or is he?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There should be an investigation as to why Chia deliberately sabotaged this team in the last 3 trade moves. No one is that stupid deliberately or is he?

Deliberate sabotage would indicate superior intelligence...

So it's probably not that.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Is Roseanne hotter than Rosie O'Donnell?
Benning has another year left. Petrovic is a UFA.

I don't see the value in burying Manning. He's a decent bottom pair defenseman when there's someone to cover for his lapses. He's probably the third best puck moving defenseman on the roster behind Klefbom and Sekera.

Again, the trade itself was boneheaded, but the player has strengths that we can utilize. Gravel, unless he's willing to sign a league minimum deal, is probably playing elsewhere. The way I'm seeing it, unless a significant trade occurs,

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - XXXXX
Sekera - Russell
Manning

XXXXX is either Bouchard, Bear, Persson or a UFA.

I'd rather trade Manning cheap than bury him, if possible. But I see Gravel as being much better than all of Benning, Manning, and Petrovic.

Reactions: Oilhawks

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd rather trade Manning cheap than bury him, if possible. But I see Gravel as being much better than all of Benning, Manning, and Petrovic.
When Gravel adds puck-movement and offensive support to his game, he'll be an NHL defender. Right now he's a guy who essentially breaks even at best.

Manning is significantly worse in his own end, but he offers you offensive upside. Benning does as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad