Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Oilers Acquire Alex Petrovic for Chris Wideman & 3rd '19

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Petrovic always seemed like a guy who was destined to go back home. How he is as a player nowadays though, I'm not exactly familiar with.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Took creative liberty with the title.

I remember Petrovic getting punked three times in a trio of fights with Kane. I remember him being a one-timer trigger for RNH before he matriculated and Dumba became that guy.

Can't be worse than Wideman...

Hope the pick is minimal. Hope the Panthers retained salary...

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Petrovic could be traded for a 3rd round pick if he sucks. The Oilers can flip him at the trade deadline.

Nothing trade

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Sounds like it'll be whichever of the two 3rd round picks we have that year that are better draft position.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like it. We get rid of Wideman and get a punishing D who can hit and bring some physicality. Good addition and Chia showing some response (but way late) to the D injury predicament. A vet that can help steady the ship and good enough to be around even when we get healthy.

Good Edmonton boy, reasonable contract but only for this year so this is a rental unless we can resign. If we do resign it can open up a move of one of our higher priced D which would provide some cap space relief.

Don't know the draft pick we're giving up yet, but so far I like it.

edit its only a third round pick. Great pick up. Its hilarious that Petrovic was one of the players Florida protected in the expansion draft while losing Marchessault and Smith. One of those rare moments when we're fleecing some other team.

That said Wideman had no interest in being here and exhibited it on the ice. He was basically a flagman here waving opponents in on goal and saying have a good day..Wideman strikes me as somebody who might play better in Florida. It wasn't going to be here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad