Eberle or Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
You probably assumed I was raging at my computer... I wasn't I was laughing while making that comment. Especially the Paise09 part. ROFL EBERLE OVER SCHENN, HE SAID THAT IN THE 08 DRAFT RE-DO THREAD :laugh: :loony: :lol: :biglaugh: :snide:

Just stop dude. :laugh:

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I think both of their ceilings are ~60-70 point players, but I think Eberle is more likely to reach his ceiling because of his innate hockey sense, something that Kadri seems to lack, and is probably one of the most vital characteristics of hockey players, separating the great from the good.

I've seen this point a lot, and I'm starting to think people either don't know what hockey sense is, or are just saying what they heard, without ever watching the player.

I also like the posts talking about how Kadri couldn't crack the worst group of centers in the league. He's a winger who can play center in a pinch... but his game is a winger's game.

The only people showing any intelligence in this thread are the "wait and see" crowd. I can tell you Sens fans wouldn't be happy if I definitively said Schenn was better than Cowan, and Bruins fans wouldn't be thrilled if I said Kessel>Seguin.

Have they shown more? Sure. Is that an indication that they will always be better? nope.

And if you don't think the 5 month separation is a big deal, give Outliers a read. At this point in their careers, it's a huge difference.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
Leafs fan and I'll Eberle has looked a lot better this year. That said though, Kadri is still a year behind him from a development standpoint. They both have identical skillsets so as far as production I think they'll be similar. And while Ebs has a more mature game now I think it would be better to compare them in a year or two.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I've seen this point a lot, and I'm starting to think people either don't know what hockey sense is, or are just saying what they heard, without ever watching the player.

I also like the posts talking about how Kadri couldn't crack the worst group of centers in the league. He's a winger who can play center in a pinch... but his game is a winger's game.

The only people showing any intelligence in this thread are the "wait and see" crowd. I can tell you Sens fans wouldn't be happy if I definitively said Schenn was better than Cowan, and Bruins fans wouldn't be thrilled if I said Kessel>Seguin.

Have they shown more? Sure. Is that an indication that they will always be better? nope.

And if you don't think the 5 month separation is a big deal, give Outliers a read. At this point in their careers, it's a huge difference.

Not in the same developmental year it isn't.

We aren't talking about a 90 versus a 91. They hit the same leagues at the same time, Eberle simply had a training camp in front of him before Kadri did.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Tell you what Kulemon.

Head to the Polls section, and start a Eberle vs Luke Schenn poll and see who wins. Oilers fans outnumber Leafs fans on this board, but not by so much that the bipartisan fans shouldn't dictate the result.

I don't think so SK, pretty sure that HF Leafs is bigger.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I still say that Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi will all be better than Kadri. Nothing against Kadri, I just really like our big 3. And I'll take our top pick this year over Nazem as well. That said, there's nothing wrong with Kadri, I'd probably take him over Gagner long term and Gagner was drafted 6th 2 years ahead of him, so whatever works.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I don't think so SK, pretty sure that HF Leafs is bigger.

I'm not sure what current activity is (I'm guessing you've got some mod traffic thingy), but HFOil recently had more posts and threads, so I was going by that.

Regardless, my point holds and is made even stronger by this. The other fans will dictate the results of any poll, even if the homers favor one of the teams.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Not in the same developmental year it isn't.

We aren't talking about a 90 versus a 91. They hit the same leagues at the same time, Eberle simply had a training camp in front of him before Kadri did.

Within such a short time span you can have massive differences in physical maturity... that dictates the chances you get, not to mention Kadri came onto a far superior team, Eberle had nobody of significance ahead of him... so while Eberle got to step straight into a top-6 role, Kadri was in the bottom-6. That's an extra year of meaningful playing time that Eberle had over Kadri.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
The Leafs are also disliked by the Canucks, Sens, Bruins, and Habs. So that might be a factor aswell. Although I have no idea why Canucks fans dislike the Leafs, not even in the same conference lol.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Tell you what Kulemon.

Head to the Polls section, and start a Eberle vs Luke Schenn poll and see who wins. Oilers fans outnumber Leafs fans on this board, but not by so much that the bipartisan fans shouldn't dictate the result.

Come on, the Leafs get plenty of hate on these threads, even if the Oilers and Leafs fanbases are roughly even, the majority of "neutral" fans will still vote against the Leafs.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
The Leafs are also disliked by the Canucks, Sens, Bruins, and Habs. So that might be a factor aswell. Although I have no idea why Canucks fans dislike the Leafs, not even in the same conference lol.

because they get the Leafs stuffed down their throats sometimes on saturdays at 4pm.
:laugh:

Vancouverites just dislike Toronto in general. Big city envy or whatever it is.

wayne98

Feb 15, 2009
Its to early to call this one, right now eberle is ahead of kadri, better finisher and overall game, but kadri looked very good in his last a around, and man don't forget that shoot out goal against thomas not too long ago, kadri has a lot of flash, and once he gets stronger look out, I see a lot of jeremy roenick in him!! I think both are going to be stars for their teams for years!!

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009

Or Eberle could just be the better player. But that's crazy, Kadri has "potential". Because Eberle is all tapped out.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
:yo:
Its to early to call this one, right now eberle is ahead of kadri, better finisher and overall game, but kadri looked very good in his last a around, and man don't forget that shoot out goal against thomas not too long ago, kadri has a lot of flash, and once he gets stronger look out, I see a lot of jeremy roenick in him!! I think both are going to be stars for their teams for years!!

:yo:

Oct 15, 2008
Within such a short time span you can have massive differences in physical maturity... that dictates the chances you get, not to mention Kadri came onto a far superior team, Eberle had nobody of significance ahead of him... so while Eberle got to step straight into a top-6 role, Kadri was in the bottom-6. That's an extra year of meaningful playing time that Eberle had over Kadri.

Right. Eberle only had Ales Hemsky ahead of him. Kadri had Tyler Bozak and Mikhail Grabovski. Not to mention the Leafs finished a whole one place ahead of Edmonton last year.

Kadri couldnt crack the weakest center lineup in the entire nhl (arguably). Not to mention he didnt impress at the WJC like Eberle did. Twice.

Give it up.

The comparison is a joke.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
I still say that Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi will all be better than Kadri. Nothing against Kadri, I just really like our big 3. And I'll take our top pick this year over Nazem as well. That said, there's nothing wrong with Kadri, I'd probably take him over Gagner long term and Gagner was drafted 6th 2 years ahead of him, so whatever works.
Gagner and Kadri are pretty similar players, although I'd say Kadri is faster. Gagner thinks the game better I'd say. That'd probably be a better thread than this one.

The next thread will be a MPS vs Kulemin thread started by an angry Leafs fan, I'm calling it now.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Gagner and Kadri are pretty similar players, although I'd say Kadri is faster. Gagner thinks the game better I'd say. That'd probably be a better thread than this one.

The next thread will be a MPS vs Kulemin thread started by an angry Leafs fan, I'm calling it now.

Kadri also has some height on Sam. Kulemin took a long time to get to where he is today, not a very fair comp.

Parise09*

Why is Kulemon obsessed with me..

It's not that outrageous to want Eberle over Schenn. It depends on team needs, really. We starved offensively and defensive defenseman can be found easily. Eberle is absolute clutch.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why is Kulemon obsessed with me..

It's not that outrageous to want Eberle over Schenn. It depends on team needs, really. We starved offensively and defensive defenseman can be found easily. Eberle is absolute clutch.

Maybe I didn't watch enough Leafs games this year but for once I'd agree with you. Schenn is where among '08 defense draftees? That was one hell of a draft for d-men! Is he further along than Bogosian? I'm sure most would take Myers and Pietrangelo over him.

Parise09*

Maybe I didn't watch enough Leafs games this year but for once I'd agree with you. Schenn is where among '08 defense draftees? That was one hell of a draft for d-men! Is he further along than Bogosian? I'm sure most would take Myers and Pietrangelo over him.

Don't get me wrong though, I really like Schenn, but I just prefer a clutch, potential #1 RW over a defensive d-man.

As for the '08 draft, I rank the dmen like this (1st round only because I can't remember the dman drafted after that lol):

Doughty
Pietrangelo
Myers
Carlson
Karlsson/Schenn
Schenn/Karlsson
Bogosion

Both Schenn and Karlsson are too one dimensional at this point in time. By the way, I know people will disagree, but I don't really like Bogo and think he's being overrated because of his draft pedigree.

Boilers*

Eberle, and it's not just because he's ahead in NHL games played, it's because when the coach tosses Jordan out on the ice it's not in a protected role. Eberle has played against Iginla, Thornthon, the Sedins etc and usually comes out ahead of where you expect him to, as a coach there's no way I'd let Kadri on the ice against those guys much less even try to let him pick those guys out of a police perp line-up.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Eberle:
WHL: 254gp 155g 155a 310pts.
WJHC: 12gp 14g 12a 26pts.
WC: 4gp 1g 3a 4pts.
NHL: 69gp 18g 25a 43pts.

Kadri:
OHL: 242gp 92g 166a 258pts.
WJHC: 6gp 3g 5a 8pts.
NHL: 30gp 3g 9a 12pts.

Eberle appears to be the better point producer at every level. 52 more points with 63 more goals in Juniors, in 12 more games. Signifigantly better stats, at all levels of play.

Why would Kadri have more potential?

Not to mention how much Eberle is better defensively as well, I can't believe some people on this thread would take Kadri over Eberle, it's just absolutely laughable.

Raptactics29

Mar 28, 2007
London, Ontario
Not to mention how much Eberle is better defensively as well, I can't believe some people on this thread would take Kadri over Eberle, it's just absolutely laughable.

Whoa dude.. laughable is a pretty unnecessary comment. Maybe people like the potential there with Kadri. Watching him a TON over the years I can tell you that Nazem, potentially, has the better offensive skill set. Think Pat Kane with a mean streak. Now, Eberle's a ****ing stud himself but imo, he is what he is right now. Once Kadri stops the hot-dogging, look out. Kadri has PPG written all over him when he fills out his boy body in to a man's.

But who would I take? At this point, Eberle. He's just more of a guarantee and I like the safe bets.. but potentially, Kadri could become the more explosive offensive threat.

It will be fun to watch the both of them for many years.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If Eberle played for the Leafs this season, he likely would have lead the team in scoring IMO. I like Kadri, but he is not on the level of Eberle. He may figure it out at some point, but that's the difference. Eberle is so smart and skilled, he has never had to try and "figure it out". He produces everywhere, right away. Just like he probably will at the WC's. I think he is under-rated by those who haven't seen him more than a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad