Eberle or Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
if he played a full season eberle would have had about 50 points. thats with a lot if the oilers core out. 43 points in 69 games. easily eberle

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Kadri. Much more skilled if both put it together. People will start to notice Kadri next season.
Much more skilled? Eberle's hands in tight are out of this world, I know Kadri also has nice hands but I have a hard time seeing his being miles better.

I don't see how you can't take Eberle, he's already a viable top 6 winger and will only get better as he gains strength. His backhand is already better than most player's forehand shot haha.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
How are they even comparable at this point? Eberle is getting top minutes and Kadri has been buried in the AHL and has played very few NHL games. Ask me a few years down the road because this is way too pre-mature.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Kadri played roughly 1/3 of the season and it's not like he was allowed to play through his mistakes like Eberle would. Kadri started great, struggled for a stretch of 5 games and then got benched, the same wouldn't happen to Eberle because they pretty much have to play him so it's two very different situations.

I do think Eberle is the better player now but Kadri was really starting to come into his own in his second stint. It's arguable he was our most dangerous forward in his second stint.

Eberle now, Kadri in the future.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
No way to make a fair comparison at this moment as Eberle has had significantly more NHL exposure in key situations than Kadri. At the moment Eberle should be the pick we make but I believe that Kadri's skillset with emphasis on speed could make him the more effective player in the future.

Milan the God*

Give me Eberle. They both have great hands and I honestly can't decide who's better in that regard. But Eberle plays a surprisingly good two way game for his age, and is extremely smart. I'd give the edge in vision to Eberle, and his shot isn't anything to scoff about. Plus Eberle is more clutch and has come through late, especially for Team Canada.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Pretty good comparison. It's close, but edge to Eberle because of his 'clutch' factor and because I think his game is slightly more NHL ready than Kadri's.

This is pretty much it for me except I give the edge to Eberle for his respectable rookie season, where as Kadri wasn't in the league much. Whether or not it'd be the same if their teams were switched is irrelevant IMO.

I think long term your looking at 2 very similar players, one faster and more aggressive, the other smarter all around game.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I'd take Eberle at this point.

Down the line I think Kadri is definitely going to be a great player, but I can't see one being significantly better than the other.

Oct 15, 2008
Leafs need to gas Wilson.

He is to Kadri as Mactavish is to Penner.

Kadri should have made the team this year for sure.

Wilson is a cad.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2010
Jordan Eberle, he's just better.

I still see him better in the future because he'll probably play the rest of his career with Taylor Hall and RNH, that absolutely a huge factor.

Last edited:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Wow great rookie season for Eberle.

I like Kadri, confidence in this world takes you places, and the guy is absolutely loaded with it. He goes beyond cocky, and it's something you just don't see everyday, especially from a rookie... IN TORONTO. Combined with his talent, I really am confident that Kadri will be a very good player in the NHL.

I'll go with Kadri, but it's a close one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->