WHL: 254gp 155g 155a 310pts.
WJHC: 12gp 14g 12a 26pts.
WC: 4gp 1g 3a 4pts.
NHL: 69gp 18g 25a 43pts.

Kadri:
OHL: 242gp 92g 166a 258pts.
WJHC: 6gp 3g 5a 8pts.
NHL: 30gp 3g 9a 12pts.

Eberle appears to be the better point producer at every level. 52 more points with 63 more goals in Juniors, in 12 more games. Signifigantly better stats, at all levels of play.

Why would Kadri have more potential?
'cause he got drafted 7th overall by Toronto?

:help:

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
This makes me think you have NEVER seen Kadri play. I'm not saying I would take Kadri over Eberle but there is no way in hell Eberle is a better passer and DEFINITELY not a better stick handler.
I would take Eberle at this point but I think in a couple years Kadri will round out his game very nicely and it will be a toss up.

Do you watch Eberle? He's an insane stickhandler, if Kadri is better its not by much. And Eberle can actually finish his dekes off, unlike Kadri. :sarcasm:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As an Oiler fan, I will do my best to give as un-biased an opinion as possible

Puck skills - both are very good. Both can make any and every play at top speed, unfortunately for Ebs, Kadri's top speed is a hair better. I'll actually give the edge to Kadri.

Skating - see above. (Should say though, Eberle exceeded what I expected this year in terms of agility and shiftiness).

Positioning - This is where the two separate. Ebs is rarely out of position, and when he is, its not so drastic that he isn't a stride or two away. But this is all contingent with....

Hockey sense - Eberle big time. The guy just reads the flow of the game so well, every good decision he makes looks instinctive, like the play he made was never in doubt.

If I were to make comparisons, I'd say this:

Eberle - somewhere between Andrew Brunette and Brett Hull (without the shot). Finds open ice much like the aforementioned. Brunette arrives on the doorstep at the right time, Hull finds soft zones in the high slot. Ebs is capable of both.

Kadri - somewhere between Robert Nilsson and Mike Ribeiro. Leafs fans will ostracize me for the Nilsson comment, but I don't mean it in a vindictive manner. His skating and deking style is very similar. On Kadri's side is that he plays with more grit/passion (which if Nilsson had done the same he'd still be in the league putting up 50-60 pts).

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Luke Schenn or Colten Teubert

Pretty much what your asking. Only months apart, but the main diff is one has seen a lot more NHL oppurtunity than the other.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Pretty much what your asking. Only months apart, but the main diff is one has seen a lot more NHL oppurtunity than the other.

And one is good and the other is pretty underwhelming...

Parise09*

I doubt either team would trade them straight up for each other.

Ill go with the old ask me next year. Eberle walked into an awesome situation in Edmonton, one where it was nearly impossible not to make the team, it wasnt as easy for Kadri. I'm not a huge fan of either player, but I don't think we've seen the best from either one.

What the hell are you talking about??? He wasn't give a roster spot on a silver platter. He developed in junior for 2 years and then dominated the AHL on the worst AHL team, nontheless. At camp, he was one of our best players, and throughout the regular season he was our best forward in many, many games. There's no way he wouldn't have made the Leafs roster, either.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
What the hell are you talking about??? He wasn't give a roster spot on a silver platter. He developed in junior for 2 years and then dominated the AHL on the worst AHL team, nontheless. At camp, he was one of our best players, and throughout the regular season he was our best forward in many, many games. There's no way he wouldn't have made the Leafs roster, either.

And you know, he led our friggen team in points...

Parise09*

Maybe it's not just "opportunity." Have you ever thought that maybe one player is actually better than the other and deserves that roster spot? Schenn is one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL, and would make any NHL roster.

Parise09*

Because Kadri has the skill and speed to be an effective player in the NHL, and still has a lot to learn. I watch eberle play and he impresses me I just wonder how much more room is there left for development. Obviously he will improve his game. I just believe there isn't much room for him to learn. I watch him and he is already so smart and shows confidence. I think he is close to his potential.

Eberle is 20 years old in his FIRST NHL season. Yeah, he's peaked.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

The answer to that question is clearly Luke Schenn, though.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Kadri has the higher ceiling but Eberle has proven more at the NHL level.

Kadri just needs to get stronger, if he does that he can be a top-line player 60-70 points a season in the NHL. I'd take Kadri for the potential, but I... nvm I don't know I can't decide.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Eberle > Kadri is every single aspect. The only thing he has on Eberle is his draft pedigree.

Parise09*

Kadri just needs to get stronger, if he does that he can be a top-line player 60-70 points a season in the NHL. I'd take Kadri for the potential, but I... nvm I don't know I can't decide.

I think both of their ceilings are ~60-70 point players, but I think Eberle is more likely to reach his ceiling because of his innate hockey sense, something that Kadri seems to lack, and is probably one of the most vital characteristics of hockey players, separating the great from the good.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

I would suggest to you that 60 points is a realistic projection for Jordan Eberle next season.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Soooo this thread is a joke. The Prospect section is FULL of edmonton fans foaming at the mouth over their next 1st overall pick and drooling over their prospects and getting defensive. So the more fans of a team in a certain section are obviously going to win. And then some people choose Kadri and the Edmontons fans get all defensive and attack or try to prove the other person's opinion is wrong. What a joke.

OH AND HAI PARISE09 THE BIGGEST EDMONTON HOMER ALIVE!

STILL TAKIN EBERLE > LUKE SCHENN ROFL!

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Soooo this thread is a joke. The Prospect section is FULL of edmonton fans foaming at the mouth over their next 1st overall pick and drooling over their prospects and getting defensive. So the more fans of a team in a certain section are obviously going to win. And then some people choose Kadri and the Edmontons fans get all defensive and attack or try to prove the other person's opinion is wrong. What a joke.

Wow you need to calm down. :laugh:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

This is a message board, Kulemon. If you don't want someone to respond to your opinion, don't post your opinion. I do it all the time, and gasp, I'm never involved in arguments or discussions I don't want to be in.

But if you're going to say "Kadri has better upside", and someone questions that opinion, that isn't us being "frothing at the mouth fanboys", especially when we're the ones issuing the logic.

I didn't start the thread, but Eberle has outperformed Nazem Kadri at every level at every age. Disagree? Use your words and tell me why.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Your problem is you see everything in Toronto's favor. I don't think people are choosing Eberle here because there's a bunch of Oilers fans ready to rip them if they don't. Seriously chill out and take the homer glasses off. Eberle has had more production than Kadri at every level.. There is no way you can possibly make a reasonable case for Kadri being the better player here.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Wow you need to calm down. :laugh:

You probably assumed I was raging at my computer... I wasn't I was laughing while making that comment. Especially the Paise09 part. ROFL EBERLE OVER SCHENN, HE SAID THAT IN THE 08 DRAFT RE-DO THREAD :laugh: :loony: :lol: :biglaugh: :snide:

Oct 15, 2008

Who is better? Smid or Schenn?

Then you have Oiler fans arguing that Smid is better.

That is jist of the Eberle vs Kadri comparison.

Completely ridiculous.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
You probably assumed I was raging at my computer... I wasn't I was laughing while making that comment. Especially the Paise09 part. ROFL EBERLE OVER SCHENN, HE SAID THAT IN THE 08 DRAFT RE-DO THREAD :laugh: :loony: :lol: :biglaugh: :snide:

Tell you what Kulemon.

Head to the Polls section, and start a Eberle vs Luke Schenn poll and see who wins. Oilers fans outnumber Leafs fans on this board, but not by so much that the bipartisan fans shouldn't dictate the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->