Eberle or Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
WOW is this post full of fail.

First off, You're telling me a team with limited center depth like the Leafs do didn't have a spot for Kadri at the beginning of the year? Kadri should have been a lock on paper to make your team and he didn't earn it. Eberle did because he proved to the Oilers he can stick with the team for a full season. Both players were gifted roster spots at the beginning, the difference is Eberle stuck with his spot.

Second, maybe making Team Canada at the Worlds isn't a great accomplishment, but making it as a 19 year old without NHL expierience is.

Third, do you really believe Eberle shouldn't be getting hype for what he did in the World Juniors? I mean he's only the leading scorer for Team Canada all time in that tournament right?

If you really want to say Eberle led all of the teams he's played for to losing results than I guess I'll point out Kadri was also on the World Junior team in 09/10 and he was able to lead Canada to a silver medal instead of gold for Canada, which you forgot to mention for some strange reason. Oh yea and that awesome London Knights team Kadri was playing for wasn't able to win the Memorial Cup either. By your logic you'd consider Kadri a winning player because he's never actually won anything. Smart.

:help:

oh boy.. lol
1. I'm agreeing with you all and I know Kadri wasn't good enough for the roster spot, but Leafs didn't hand him squat. If they did, he would've gotten killed by the fans and media. As for Eberle, the oilers made space for those 3 players, hypothetically speaking if Eberle didn't make the team out of camp who was going to replace him (another prospect)? I'm just saying that Kadri was in a situation where if he didn't make the team as a top 2 center he was gonna get sent down regardless. Eberle was not in that situation. I do give Eberle credit for making the Oilers lineup, i'm just saying the expectations and pressure was not there.

2. There are a couple from NCAA this year who are playing for the USA national team. Making the team isn't a reflection only on how good you are but also on the fact that NHL players don't wanna play the extra few weeks (if they're not playing in the playoffs at the time). Good on Eberle for making it last year and this year, i'm not knocking him for it.

3. World Juniors is good and Eberle was clutch with his scoring, and i'm not saying he shouldn't get the hype for it. I'm just saying people are praising him as a god just because he did well at world juniors. NHL is not the world juniors. Also i pointed out in another post, how Eberle was set up as the offensive guy along with hall in that world juniors, where as kadri who i think played on that line too sometimes was slotted in as an energy guy who was supposed to be physical and chip in here and there. However, once again I'm not knocking Eberle on his accomplishments but this is the only tournament where he's succeeded given he also played on very good teams with very good players (and so did Kadri and i get that).

4. I was talking about Eberle not being able to lead the Regina Pats into the WHL playoffs. Which you play whatever 60-70+ games for. World Juniors is a crap shoot where you can falter like Canada has done one too many times lately. Kadri and Eberle were in similar spots with the Pats and Knights. Both had very similar teams and limited secondary scoring. Looking at those circumstances I'm just saying Kadri was able to get his team to the playoffs and then once in the playoffs, he was able to perform quite well. He's been a very good playoff performer all his OHL career not just last year, but last year he played on a pretty weak team. So the main point here being, in similar situations in their respective CHL leagues, Kadri was able to carry his team to the playoffs (which Eberle wasn't able to do) and Kadri performed very well in the 2 series the Knights played. I understand that in the grand scheme of things anything short of a championship trophy is a fail but that also negates your or someone else's argument who brought up Eberle won WHL MVP or something.. because his team couldn't even make the playoffs.

I was not talking about the world junior short comings because it is a crapshoot tournament. Canada vs. any team in a best of 7 series gets Canada the win 99.9% of the times.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
The reason why you finished last is because you team is bad. You have young inexperienced players who are still learning. You have a god awful defense, and just the fact that you celebrate being the crappiest team in the league and being handed a 1st overall pick is in itself shameful. Oh, and your veterans aren't prized jewels either, with the exception of Hemsky (love Hemsky :laugh: ). Once again my point was that on a good team Kadri, Eberle and MPS would not make the roster. Now i don't quite know when people started thinking of Atlanta, Florida and even TO as GOOOD teams. As for JVR man (you can trade philly 20 Eberles and MPSs and you still won't get JVR out from his 3rd line duties in Philly)... i don't know how to justify that amazing argument. LOL :shakehead

I dont think you understand what a rebuild is but of course you wouldn't. It's understandable, I can see why Leafs do bad and the fans still dont have anything to look forward to. We have inexperienced players but that's the point of a rebuild, they will gain experience and that's the only way they are going to get better. The defence is awful but when we had Whitney in our line up, we were only 6 points out of the playoffs and he was playing like a number 1 defencemen. It's not celebrating being last, we celebrate because we know we are going to get one hell of a player with the first overall pick. Look at your pathetic depth at center and just imagine if you were landing RNH, of course you would celebrate. Having a first overall pick in your line up and watching them play and develop is special because you know those guys are going to be elite with more experience, something the leafs will never see. You guys dont have a single elite player on your team and no Kessel isn't elite. We aren't celebrating finishing last, we're celebrating the fact that after a dreadful season we are being rewarded with amazing talent. I dont get why as a Maple Leafs fan your trying to make fun of the Oilers. At least we have a future, we have something to look forward to in the future. Your offence is still awful, your defence isn't anything to brag about either. On paper they look good but after watching them play, they aren't anything special. In fact, I think they are bottom 10. I still dont buy into the Reimer hype. He played great for you but I just dont see him repeating. It's funny that if you think about it, the Leafs would have actually had a future had they drafted Seguin and not traded away Rask. Right now, they just seem like a mediocre team. Have fun missing the playoffs and not having anything to look forward to. At the end of the day, the Oilers and Leafs both missed the playoffs but the only difference is that the Oilers have the first overall pick to look forward too while the Leafs have...nothing

Parise09*

I dont think you understand what a rebuild is but of course you wouldn't. It's understandable, I can see why Leafs do bad and the fans still dont have anything to look forward to. We have inexperienced players but that's the point of a rebuild, they will gain experience and that's the only way they are going to get better. The defence is awful but when we had Whitney in our line up, we were only 6 points out of the playoffs and he was playing like a number 1 defencemen. It's not celebrating being last, we celebrate because we know we are going to get one hell of a player with the first overall pick. Look at your pathetic depth at center and just imagine if you were landing RNH, of course you would celebrate. Having a first overall pick in your line up and watching them play and develop is special because you know those guys are going to be elite with more experience, something the leafs will never see. You guys dont have a single elite player on your team and no Kessel isn't elite. We aren't celebrating finishing last, we're celebrating the fact that after a dreadful season we are being rewarded with amazing talent. I dont get why as a Maple Leafs fan your trying to make fun of the Oilers. At least we have a future, we have something to look forward to in the future. Your offence is still awful, your defence isn't anything to brag about either. On paper they look good but after watching them play, they aren't anything special. In fact, I think they are bottom 10. I still dont buy into the Reimer hype. He played great for you but I just dont see him repeating. It's funny that if you think about it, the Leafs would have actually had a future had they drafted Seguin and not traded away Rask. Right now, they just seem like a mediocre team. Have fun missing the playoffs and not having anything to look forward to. At the end of the day, the Oilers and Leafs both missed the playoffs but the only difference is that the Oilers have the first overall pick to look forward too while the Leafs have...nothing

Thank god they don't have Seguin and are stuck with Kessel.

Parise09*

Looking back at all the posts and all the trolling Oiler fans have done, they seem like that annoying sibling that will go to the Nth degree just to be noticed. Logic doesn't seem to register in their big heads, same goes for sarcasm i guess.

Says the Leafs fan

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Maybe you should get this through your head, the reason why we finished last was because we are rebuilding. You know, through the draft something that your team cant do because they traded their picks away. Yeah Eberle is too small yet he put up the same amount of points as Evander Kane and beat out players like JVR, Antropov, David Booth, while he didn't even play the whole season and had to play with Jones after Hall went down. Also Paajarvi maybe not in the first half but in the second half he definitely deserved to be in the NHL, he was spectacular in the second half. Obviously you wouldn't know because you dont have a damn clue about the Oilers.

Just so you are aware, Toronto has actually drafted more times than Edmonton over the past five years. In addition, over the past year and a half Burke has added 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 7th, 7th, 7th while only surrendering a 5th.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Just so you are aware, Toronto has actually drafted more times than Edmonton over the past five years. In addition, over the past year and a half Burke has added 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 7th, 7th, 7th while only surrendering a 5th.

But how many of those picks were high 1st round picks to draft elite talent. Also he did give up the 2nd overall and the 32nd overall in one trade. I would rather have those picks over all the picks that Burke has added. All he had to do was rebuild from within and his team would be in much better shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->