Eberle or Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Kadri. Looks like eberle is getting a lot of votes off his reputation. He is gonna be a real good player but I see Kadri being more effective in the NHL.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I'll take eberle, clutch goal scorer whereas Kadri I fear has regressed a bit and will take longer to reach his prime. Like a cubic function he's gone down but is going to be on his way back up soon

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Kadri. Looks like eberle is getting a lot of votes off his reputation. He is gonna be a real good player but I see Kadri being more effective in the NHL.

They're less than 5 months apart in age, same developmental year despite Kadri missing the 08 draft by three weeks.

Eberle is a MUCH better NHL player right now, and he hasn't scratched the surface of what he will be when, you know, he isn't asked for 20 games to lead the teams offense.

Why on earth would anyone see Kadri as being more effective in the NHL?

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
They're less than 5 months apart in age, same developmental year despite Kadri missing the 08 draft by three weeks.

Eberle is a MUCH better NHL player right now, and he hasn't scratched the surface of what he will be when, you know, he isn't asked for 20 games to lead the teams offense.

Why on earth would anyone see Kadri as being more effective in the NHL?
Cuz sick junior danglin' carries over so well, DUH

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I doubt either team would trade them straight up for each other.

Ill go with the old ask me next year. Eberle walked into an awesome situation in Edmonton, one where it was nearly impossible not to make the team, it wasnt as easy for Kadri. I'm not a huge fan of either player, but I don't think we've seen the best from either one.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't see how you can compare them just yet? One has played a full season in the NHL whereas the other developed in the AHL this year?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Was going to comment on the two players, and I wanted to see what Eberle ended up with in points and I came across this:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6681

Couldn't have picked a better picture TSN? lol

(I'll also add Eberle has surpassed many of my expectations so I'll pick him since betting against him hasn't proven to be smart on my part :))

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Kadri hasn't had the same level of NHL exposure nor the same opportunity to impress.

Eberle, however, has certainly been impressive, and should probably be the consensus choice until Kadri proves otherwise - but nobody should be surprised if he does exactly that. The skill is there. We'll see how he pans out in the NHL.

Comparison is a bit pre-mature.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Eberle had a 51 point (pro-rated) rookie season, while being our 2nd best 2-way player(behind Paajarvi).

Kadri might make it closer in the next couple of seasons, but Eberle takes it right now, and it's not even close.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Why on earth would anyone see Kadri Is being more effective in the NHL?

Because Kadri has the skill and speed to be an effective player in the NHL, and still has a lot to learn. I watch eberle play and he impresses me I just wonder how much more room is there left for development. Obviously he will improve his game. I just believe there isn't much room for him to learn. I watch him and he is already so smart and shows confidence. I think he is close to his potential.

vezna*

right now, ebs. but kadri has potential to be better. just not sure if it translates

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Eberle. But not really fair since Kadri hasn't played a full season. Can't go wrong with someone that put 43 points or so in around 65ish games. Kadri isn't as good defensively, or at least not as good as eberle was in the first half of the season. He backchecked like it was no one's business.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
haven't really seen enough of Kadri to make a fair opinion. i'll answer this question 3 seasons from now...it's not really fair to Kadri right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad