Eberle or Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
He means that it was easier for Eberle to make the Oilers than it was for Kadri to make the Leafs.

I actually dont know about that... Im pretty sure they were both penciled into the lineup of their respective teams before training camp, but Kadri played awful and lost his spot. Its not like Eberle didnt have any competition had he played badly (Omark).

The Leafs have better D, but the forward group is pretty similar.

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
Eberle. But not really fair since Kadri hasn't played a full season. Can't go wrong with someone that put 43 points or so in around 65ish games. Kadri isn't as good defensively, or at least not as good as eberle was in the first half of the season. He backchecked like it was no one's business.

He has played a full season. He just was not good enough to play it in the NHL.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
If we're talking about NHL rosters, neither was Eberle. Most teams don't gift young players roster spots like the Oilers have the past couple years.

We didnt just "gift" Eberle a roster spot. We developed him for quite a while before he came into the NHL. We let him dominate the WHL, he dominated in the World Juniors, he played extremely well in the world champions and he did amazing in the AHL on the worst team in the league. What else did he have to prove? Kadri did only 2 of those 4 things. He played very well in the OHL, terrible in the World Juniors, Didn't make the World champion. Did okay in the AHL but not as good as Eberle did, plus Kadri played on a better team compared to Eberle in the AHL. Eberle had nothing left to prove. He dominated at every level and deserved to be in the NHL, he wasn't just "gifted" a roster spot.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Right. Eberle only had Ales Hemsky ahead of him. Kadri had Tyler Bozak and Mikhail Grabovski. Not to mention the Leafs finished a whole one place ahead of Edmonton last year.

Kadri couldnt crack the weakest center lineup in the entire nhl (arguably). Not to mention he didnt impress at the WJC like Eberle did. Twice.

Give it up.

The comparison is a joke.

You realize that Hemsky hasn't been healthy probably for more then 10 games in a row in past 2 years. Eberle Hall and MPS were given their roster spots. No one can deny that. You don't hype up your big three prospects and then let one of them play it out in the minors. Kadri on the other hand had a failry disappointing show at training camp and subsequently didn't make the team. The only reason he was buried in the AHL for so long was not only because he wasn't strong enough for the NHL, but also because the leafs didn't know whether to use him as a center or play him on the wing (he's 100000000000000X better on the wing FYI). As for those of you mocking the leafs center depth, really? Bozak given had a very weak season, but going into this year he had the most promise and in fact after all was said and done is looking like a very solid two way center (protoypical #3 center). Kadri didn't crack leafs lineup because they're center position was much stronger (than some people give credit) and their wing was even stronger.

Now Eberle on the other hand, i give full credit to because he did look very good in the NHL in his first season, however he was playing top line for alot of the games with Horcoff (who was "mentoring" eberle according to TSN and I'm 90% sure he's your #1 center too). So right off the bat, Eberle was thrown into the fire and battled well. Now, while I give Eberle credit for producing when given the opportunity, however 2 years ago... Jason Blake put up 68 points I believe playing on the leafs top line, which goes to show that playing top line minutes does greatly affect your output.

Lastly, just based on pure logic, Oilers had the 2nd fewest goals scored at 193 goals last season. We know in the NHL even the crappiest of teams are going to get their share of goals, so isn't it kind of illogical to think the top lines (no matter who the players are) won't get their share of goals and assists, no?

In conclusion, i realize this post is kinda all over the place, but i don't think its quite fair to Kadri to compare him to Eberle based on pure numbers because they had different responsibilities on their respective teams. Eberle was the core of the Oilers offense, whereas Kadri played 3rd line minutes and was expected to fore check, make simple plays and get experience (not once was he actually counted on as the main man to pot goals).

P.S. If I had to pick a player to play on my Leafs roster right now... I take Kadri because he's a more versatile player. If I was to pick a player for the Oilers roster right now, I'd take Eberle because he's a more polished top 6 player. Every team has their different needs take that into consideration before you start labeling players.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
We didnt just "gift" Eberle a roster spot. We developed him for quite a while before he came into the NHL. We let him dominate the WHL, he dominated in the World Juniors, he played extremely well in the world champions and he did amazing in the AHL on the worst team in the league. What else did he have to prove? Kadri did only 2 of those 4 things. He played very well in the OHL, terrible in the World Juniors, Didn't make the World champion. Did okay in the AHL but not as good as Eberle did, plus Kadri played on a better team compared to Eberle in the AHL. Eberle had nothing left to prove. He dominated at every level and deserved to be in the NHL, he wasn't just "gifted" a roster spot.

Eberle was gifted his roster spot this season, along with MPS and Hall.. You don't have good enough prospects (better than those 3) to plug in 3 roster spots on your forward lines with the Edmonton Oilers. Kadri went through the exact same process that Eberle has gone through development wise. World championship roster is not a huge accomplishment.. go look at the team past 2 years (if i'm not wrong Mr. Eberle helped Canada earn #7 spot in the tourny last season). As for world juniors, Kadri was a lock to make that team 2 years ago too but he didn't make it not because got cut, but because he broke his jaw in exhibition or practice.

The only reason Eberle gets such hype is because of his performance at the world juniors, other than that he hasn't played for one winning team in his life so far. His best season in the WHL 2 years ago, he put up 106 points 50 goals in 57 games and that was good for a nice 10th place finish for the Regina Pats who had not been to the playoffs in Eberle's last two seasons there. Kadri on the other hand went solo in London two years ago and put up 93 points in 53 games with 35 Goals. AND he also scored 27 points, 9 goals in 12 playoff games.

So please, get some facts, get a clue then come bash another teams top prospect. I'm not saying Eberle is bad, infact i say he's very good but to downplay and pick on Kadri without any actual facts is kind of stupid.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
He has played a full season. He just was not good enough to play it in the NHL.

To all of you balloon headed oiler fans, please get this through your heads... There is a reason why you are the worst team in the league, and Jordan Eberle would not crack any good NHL team's roster unless he played on the 4th line. He's too small to play that role too so in conclusion, Eberle wouldn't crack a good team's roster, same goes for Kadri and same goes for MPS. Hall would be the only player who would get a shot with a good NHL team because he's got speed, size and and because he was #1 overall.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Eberle was gifted his roster spot this season, along with MPS and Hall.. You don't have good enough prospects (better than those 3) to plug in 3 roster spots on your forward lines with the Edmonton Oilers. Kadri went through the exact same process that Eberle has gone through development wise. World championship roster is not a huge accomplishment.. go look at the team past 2 years (if i'm not wrong Mr. Eberle helped Canada earn #7 spot in the tourny last season). As for world juniors, Kadri was a lock to make that team 2 years ago too but he didn't make it not because got cut, but because he broke his jaw in exhibition or practice.

The only reason Eberle gets such hype is because of his performance at the world juniors, other than that he hasn't played for one winning team in his life so far. His best season in the WHL 2 years ago, he put up 106 points 50 goals in 57 games and that was good for a nice 10th place finish for the Regina Pats who had not been to the playoffs in Eberle's last two seasons there. Kadri on the other hand went solo in London two years ago and put up 93 points in 53 games with 35 Goals. AND he also scored 27 points, 9 goals in 12 playoff games.

So please, get some facts, get a clue then come bash another teams top prospect. I'm not saying Eberle is bad, infact i say he's very good but to downplay and pick on Kadri without any actual facts is kind of stupid.

You honestly dont have a clue bout the Oilers. The Oilers could have went with what we did last year. We could have rolled with Penner, Hemsky, Brule, O'Sullivan, Comrie, Horcoff, Nilsson and Gagner as our core all over again if we wanted. The only player that was given a roster spot on this team was Paajarvi. If Paajarvi played in the AHL it would have helped him a bit but that doesn't matter because he really found his game towards the second half of the season and dominated. Eberle deserved to be in the NHL. Hall and Eberle would have easily made the Leafs this year. It's not that there being given a roster spot, its because they deserve to be in the NHL. Also you talk like we don't 3 other prospects to replace those guys like its no biggie. The Leafs offence outside of Kessel doesn't have enough talent to match up to those three in the near future. I'm not talking about where Canada finished, I'm talking about how Eberle played as an individual and he played fantastic. Also Eberle did win gold then the year after that he won silver. So Eberle puts up a 106 points on a Regina Pats team that has no talent? So he pretty much did everything himself even though all the opposition had to do was shutdown Eberle and they failed to do so. Kadri's numbers aren't even that impressive considering he played for the London Knights who are all about offence. Ever wonder why he sucks defensively? Because the London Knights dont play defence, they're all about offence. Gagner put up a 118 points on the London Knights and Sergei Kostitsyn put up a 131. :laugh: your knowledge about the CHL is pathetic. You do realize that the WHL is a much more defensive league then the OHL and I already told you bout how the London Knights are all about offence. Also Eberle got CHL player of the year, did Kadri get it? Dont think so.

Kadri was terrible in the world juniors. Just compare the two over there when they actually played together and you can see that Eberle was much, much better then Kadri. The fact is Eberle has already accomplished much more the Kadri has. Eberle has done everything that Kadri hasn't.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
To all of you balloon headed oiler fans, please get this through your heads... There is a reason why you are the worst team in the league, and Jordan Eberle would not crack any good NHL team's roster unless he played on the 4th line. He's too small to play that role too so in conclusion, Eberle wouldn't crack a good team's roster, same goes for Kadri and same goes for MPS. Hall would be the only player who would get a shot with a good NHL team because he's got speed, size and and because he was #1 overall.

I swear this is the cockiest last place team of all time.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton

2 points:

1.Lol at balloon headed, I found that funny

2. Without the injury onslaught oil finish close to TO in the standings, considering they play in the far superior western conference I wouldn't go tooting my horn. That being said mad respect to Reimer and Kulemin, those cats are hip

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

Maybe you should get this through your head, the reason why we finished last was because we are rebuilding. You know, through the draft something that your team cant do because they traded their picks away. Yeah Eberle is too small yet he put up the same amount of points as Evander Kane and beat out players like JVR, Antropov, David Booth, while he didn't even play the whole season and had to play with Jones after Hall went down. Also Paajarvi maybe not in the first half but in the second half he definitely deserved to be in the NHL, he was spectacular in the second half. Obviously you wouldn't know because you dont have a damn clue about the Oilers.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
You honestly dont have a clue bout the Oilers. The Oilers could have went with what we did last year. We could have rolled with Penner, Hemsky, Brule, O'Sullivan, Comrie, Horcoff, Nilsson and Gagner as our core all over again if we wanted. The only player that was given a roster spot on this team was Paajarvi. If Paajarvi played in the AHL it would have helped him a bit but that doesn't matter because he really found his game towards the second half of the season and dominated. Eberle deserved to be in the NHL. Hall and Eberle would have easily made the Leafs this year. It's not that there being given a roster spot, its because they deserve to be in the NHL. Also you talk like we don't 3 other prospects to replace those guys like its no biggie. The Leafs offence outside of Kessel doesn't have enough talent to match up to those three in the near future. I'm not talking about where Canada finished, I'm talking about how Eberle played as an individual and he played fantastic. Also Eberle did win gold then the year after that he won silver. So Eberle puts up a 106 points on a Regina Pats team that has no talent? So he pretty much did everything himself even though all the opposition had to do was shutdown Eberle and they failed to do so. Kadri's numbers aren't even that impressive considering he played for the London Knights who are all about offence. Ever wonder why he sucks defensively? Because the London Knights dont play defence, they're all about offence. Gagner put up a 118 points on the London Knights and Sergei Kostitsyn put up a 131. :laugh: your knowledge about the CHL is pathetic. You do realize that the WHL is a much more defensive league then the OHL and I already told you bout how the London Knights are all about offence. Also Eberle got CHL player of the year, did Kadri get it? Dont think so.

Kadri was terrible in the world juniors. Just compare the two over there when they actually played together and you can see that Eberle was much, much better then Kadri. The fact is Eberle has already accomplished much more the Kadri has. Eberle has done everything that Kadri hasn't.

I've been following the CHL for past few years now and thanks for the compliment on my lack of knowledge. However, you're missing my point here. The point was that Kadri led his team to the OHL playoffs and dominated the playoffs once it started. Eberle on the other hand couldn't do that. I realize your point that WHL is a defensive league and all that jazz but the top players need to come through and atleast get their teams to the playoffs. Eberle hasn't been an impact player anywhere except for the world juniors (with loaded canadian junior teams). I do however give him full credit as to his performances at the world juniors, but Kadri's role on that line at the world juniors was to provide energy, grit and scoring.. whereas Eberle was almost exclusively all offense.

Also, just to play the numbers game, Mr. Taylor Hall was league leader in points in the OHL last season with 106 (and 35 points in 19 games in the playoffs) on a stacked spits team (their team was all fire power offense), does that also fit in with your Andrei Kostitsyn and Sam Gagner comparison?

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
I've been following the CHL for past few years now and thanks for the compliment on my lack of knowledge. However, you're missing my point here. The point was that Kadri led his team to the OHL playoffs and dominated the playoffs once it started. Eberle on the other hand couldn't do that. I realize your point that WHL is a defensive league and all that jazz but the top players need to come through and atleast get their teams to the playoffs. Eberle hasn't been an impact player anywhere except for the world juniors (with loaded canadian junior teams). I do however give him full credit as to his performances at the world juniors, but Kadri's role on that line at the world juniors was to provide energy, grit and scoring.. whereas Eberle was almost exclusively all offense.

Also, just to play the numbers game, Mr. Taylor Hall was league leader in points in the OHL last season with 106 (and 35 points in 19 games in the playoffs) on a stacked spits team (their team was all fire power offense), does that also fit in with your Andrei Kostitsyn and Sam Gagner comparison?

Hows does that change anything? Eberle is a better NHL player than Kadri.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Maybe you should get this through your head, the reason why we finished last was because we are rebuilding. You know, through the draft something that your team cant do because they traded their picks away. Yeah Eberle is too small yet he put up the same amount of points as Evander Kane and beat out players like JVR, Antropov, David Booth, while he didn't even play the whole season and had to play with Jones after Hall went down. Also Paajarvi maybe not in the first half but in the second half he definitely deserved to be in the NHL, he was spectacular in the second half. Obviously you wouldn't know because you dont have a damn clue about the Oilers.

The reason why you finished last is because you team is bad. You have young inexperienced players who are still learning. You have a god awful defense, and just the fact that you celebrate being the crappiest team in the league and being handed a 1st overall pick is in itself shameful. Oh, and your veterans aren't prized jewels either, with the exception of Hemsky (love Hemsky :laugh: ). Once again my point was that on a good team Kadri, Eberle and MPS would not make the roster. Now i don't quite know when people started thinking of Atlanta, Florida and even TO as GOOOD teams. As for JVR man (you can trade philly 20 Eberles and MPSs and you still won't get JVR out from his 3rd line duties in Philly)... i don't know how to justify that amazing argument. LOL :shakehead

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

WOW is this post full of fail.

First off, You're telling me a team with limited center depth like the Leafs do didn't have a spot for Kadri at the beginning of the year? Kadri should have been a lock on paper to make your team and he didn't earn it. Eberle did because he proved to the Oilers he can stick with the team for a full season. Both players were gifted roster spots at the beginning, the difference is Eberle stuck with his spot.

Second, maybe making Team Canada at the Worlds isn't a great accomplishment, but making it as a 19 year old without NHL expierience is.

Third, do you really believe Eberle shouldn't be getting hype for what he did in the World Juniors? I mean he's only the leading scorer for Team Canada all time in that tournament right?

If you really want to say Eberle led all of the teams he's played for to losing results than I guess I'll point out Kadri was also on the World Junior team in 09/10 and he was able to lead Canada to a silver medal instead of gold for Canada, which you forgot to mention for some strange reason. Oh yea and that awesome London Knights team Kadri was playing for wasn't able to win the Memorial Cup either. By your logic you'd consider Kadri a winning player because he's never actually won anything. Smart.

:help:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The reason why you finished last is because you team is bad. You have young inexperienced players who are still learning. You have a god awful defense, and just the fact that you celebrate being the crappiest team in the league and being handed a 1st overall pick is in itself shameful. Oh, and your veterans aren't prized jewels either, with the exception of Hemsky (love Hemsky :laugh: ). Once again my point was that on a good team Kadri, Eberle and MPS would not make the roster. Now i don't quite know when people started thinking of Atlanta, Florida and even TO as GOOOD teams. As for JVR man (you can trade philly 20 Eberles and MPSs and you still won't get JVR out from his 3rd line duties in Philly)... i don't know how to justify that amazing argument. LOL :shakehead

Yea.. injuries to Whitney (our best defenseman who was getting small talk of a Norris trophy finalist.), Hemsky (our best offensive player), Horcoff (our captain), Hall, Gagner, Khabibulin, Vandermeer, etc. had NOTHING to do with it.

Looks like you need to research your facts.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Wait, what!?

Did you watch the WJ's? Kadri was never in that role. He was a 2nd line center who was there to provide offense. If he really was in that role he sure did a brutal job of providing grit and energy. He also had opportunites playing with Hall and Eberle as well as PP time with them. Get a clue. :shakehead

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

Even if Eberle couldn't get that awful Regina Pats team to the playoffs, his performance was amazing. What more could he do? He was named CHL player of the year while Kadri wasn't even considered to be the CHL player of the year. Eberle as an individual has been an impact on whatever team he has been to. Imagine the Regina Pats without Eberle that year? Forget 10th, they would have finished last or very, very close to it. Team Canada was definitely stacked but the fact that Eberle stood out in that stacked team tells you something about him. Tavares, Eberle and Hodgson were the top players that tournament. I don't get why you keep saying Eberle has never been able to make an impact on his team. I guess scoring 50 goals in 57 games and being named the CHL player of the year had no impact on his team. Also scoring a goal to tie the game up with 5.4 seconds and then scoring in the shootout to send his team to the gold metal game had no impact. Then scoring 2 goals within three minutes to tie the game up and sending his team into O.T to at least give them a chance of winning. How has he no made an impact on the teams hes played on? Have you ever wondered why Kadri was never put in the role Eberle was? Maybe because Eberle is the better player.

The Windsor Spitfires and London Knights play a different style though. The Windsor Spitfires didn't need to rely on only Hall to score. They had a lot of depth so Hall didn't get as much as time compared to the one line of Kostitsyn-Gagner-Kane. So no he wouldn't.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Fans on both sides of the equation are embarrassing here. Stop, just stop. Oil fans - please, just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad