Eberle or Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Eberle has much more experience, so I'd say him. That said, I think it's an unfair question until another two seasons have elapsed.

No he doesn't.

Same developmental year. Kadri was eligible to join every league at the same time as Eberle, except the NHL (which is moot because Eberle didn't make the NHL at 18).

Both played their 4th junior season at the same time. 5 months age difference. Every experience (first WJC, first World Championship) Eberle got that Kadri didn't, Eberle got because he was better than Kadri.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
I don't quite get why people are saying Kadri didn't get the opportunity that Eberle did and that EDM had to play Eberle, where as Kadri was in tough to make TOR. It isn't like the Leaf's have great center depth, I think both Eberle and Kadri had equal opportunities to play the full season on their respective clubs, the difference is that Eberle seized the opportunity while Kadri faltered.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
I'm a Leafs fan but I'm not a big Kadri fan. I hope he proves me wrong obviously but I would take Eberle.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Right now? Obviously Eberle. He has played a full season in the NHL compared to a partial season for Kadri and has been more productive than Kadri.

And which of the two was invited to the World Championship, by the Leafs' Assistant GM, no less.

It's not even worth a debate right now and that comes from a long time Leafs fan.

It doesn't mean Kadri won't surpass Eberle in the future, of course.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I doubt either team would trade them straight up for each other.

Ill go with the old ask me next year. Eberle walked into an awesome situation in Edmonton, one where it was nearly impossible not to make the team, it wasnt as easy for Kadri. I'm not a huge fan of either player, but I don't think we've seen the best from either one.

I'm not sure Kadri would even crack the Oilers lineup:laugh:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Much more skilled? Eberle's hands in tight are out of this world, I know Kadri also has nice hands but I have a hard time seeing his being miles better.

I don't see how you can't take Eberle, he's already a viable top 6 winger and will only get better as he gains strength. His backhand is already better than most player's forehand shot haha.

And his wrist shot actually breaks the glass:laugh:

No lie actually for all those outside of Edmonton

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Kadri. Looks like eberle is getting a lot of votes off his reputation. He is gonna be a real good player but I see Kadri being more effective in the NHL.

Eberle is already effective in the NHL while Kadri (Being 5 months younger) couldn't crack the team with some of the worst center depth in the league.

Both played their 4th junior season at the same time. 5 months age difference. Every experience (first WJC, first World Championship) Eberle got that Kadri didn't, Eberle got because he was better than Kadri.

Basically.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Eberle is already effective in the NHL while Kadri (Being 5 months younger) couldn't crack the team with some of the worst center depth in the league.
Yeah eberle is better at the moment. He developed much faster, doesn't mean he has more potential.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

So Eberle is a better stickhandler than Kadri, and has better passing ability....?

Yup. Both. That's the scary thing about Eberle, you don't know if he's a better playmaker or goalscorer. He's so great at both. Also for stickhandling check his first career goal.
Kadri's faster, too. But how important is that, right?
Wrong there too. They were equal before but Eberle is faster now.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Hard to say, since Kadri haven't played as much in the NHL. But there is no doubt that Eberle was a steal, shocked he was taken that "late".

I liked Kadri a lot going into the 09 draft, but I thought he would have a bigger impact for the Leafs this far.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Kadri. Looks like eberle is getting a lot of votes off his reputation. He is gonna be a real good player but I see Kadri being more effective in the NHL.

How is Eberle living off his reputation still? He has done everything that has been asked of him. He came in and had a great rookie season. He was great offensively, he was a beast defensively (much better then I expected him to be) and his hockey sense is unbelievable. He's only going to get better, Kadri and Eberle skill wise are pretty much the same except Eberle has a much better hockey sense then Kadri.

Eberle

MSP or Kadri? Give me Kadri.

Your hate for Paajarvi is so obvious and your knowledge about the Oilers is laughable. I'll start off by saying that lots of Oilers fans would take Paajarvi over Eberle but luckily none of us have to choose between the two. Your hate for Paajarvi is just unreal. I have never seen someone hate on him like you do but whatever, it doesn't affect us Oilers fans. He's going to light up the Sens many times in his career ;)

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I really like Eberle and he may end up being the better player down the road, but right now, I take Kadri, because he is the only Ontario boy (other than Tim Brent) on the team.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
I really like Eberle and he may end up being the better player down the road, but right now, I take Kadri, because he is the only Ontario boy (other than Tim Brent) on the team.

That's a poor poor reason to take a player. You take the BPA regardless of place of birth.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Eberle's better right now, Kadri may be better later.

I don't mind Kadri, but I'll take my chances with Eberle, short term and long term.

If you're picking for right now, Eberle's the obvious choice. If you're picking for the future, maybe it's a toss up.

No user

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah eberle is better at the moment. He developed much faster, doesn't mean he has more potential.

You never know about that word. Potential is like a never ending game. To go to the next, and harder, level you must overcome and beat the current level. Technically, a player can have no end of potential. Does that go as far as to using telekinesis or something to teleport the puck into the net? Probably not, because that would be cheating ;) . But outside of that, EVERY player has the potential to be a great player. The only hard thing is the road to unlocking it.

My point is that you shouldn't count Eberle out yet just because he developed faster and, therefore, has no more potential, on the contrary, he has a lot of potential yet to be unlocked and at the rate things are going he'll be a great player. Does this go both ways to Kadri too? Definitely. I'm just saying that Eberle is unlocking his potential faster than Kadri given that they've been given, more or less, the same time to develope and the similar chances. I'm saying similar chances because it's not like Kadri couldn't even play in the NHL. He has been given chances to play for the Leafs (29 games 35% of the season) and he's got his chances. He just couldn't finish on most of the plays.

If you look at it statistically though,
Eberle=69 games 43 points 0.62PPG +/- -12 (this was Eberle on a considerably worse team after an injury and Hall out for the season for a period of time)
Kadri=29 games 12 points 0.41PPG +/- -3 (don't know about Kadri because I haven't watched him much and previous speculation on his play was just assumptions from things I have heard)

To answer the question, I would want Eberle without hesitation over Kadri because I'm biased, of course Kadri could become better, but I won't change my choice because I'm such a homer :D plus the fact that he's my favourite player on my favourite team. You can tell from my Avatar=Ebs first NHL goal.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Yup. Both. That's the scary thing about Eberle, you don't know if he's a better playmaker or goalscorer. He's so great at both. Also for stickhandling check his first career goal.

This makes me think you have NEVER seen Kadri play. I'm not saying I would take Kadri over Eberle but there is no way in hell Eberle is a better passer and DEFINITELY not a better stick handler.
I would take Eberle at this point but I think in a couple years Kadri will round out his game very nicely and it will be a toss up.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not trying to be homer here, but I'd take Eberle. He's much smarter and a better defensive player. He's up there with Paajarvi as our best two-way player. I like Kadri a lot, but I don't think his hockey IQ is anywhere near Eberle's. The only thing Kadri does have on Eberle is skating IMO.

Couldn't have said it better myself. At times, he looks like a pure playmaker, and at others, he looks like a pure goalscorer. It's amazing, really.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Eberle:
WHL: 254gp 155g 155a 310pts.
WJHC: 12gp 14g 12a 26pts.
WC: 4gp 1g 3a 4pts.
NHL: 69gp 18g 25a 43pts.

Kadri:
OHL: 242gp 92g 166a 258pts.
WJHC: 6gp 3g 5a 8pts.
NHL: 30gp 3g 9a 12pts.

Eberle appears to be the better point producer at every level. 52 more points with 63 more goals in Juniors, in 12 more games. Signifigantly better stats, at all levels of play.

Why would Kadri have more potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad