Post-Game Talk: Ducks @ Rangers: Creative Title N/A

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Rangers just don't match up well against big, physical teams. The Ducks throw a little speed and skill into the mix too for an impressive package.

Not saying the Ducks even played much above mediocre. But the Rangers had a really tough time sustaining a forecheck let alone offensive pressure. They got a few quality chances but there were lots of bad angle shots, point shots and a few wrap arounds. Do not agree that the Rangers controlled this one at all.

Bardof425*

Dude calm down I didn't shoot your dog or anything......

It was a typical reactionary post after a loss. McD-G were bad this game but I don't actually dislike them. Calm down there.

I can only react to what you type. If you think they had a bad game and you don't want posters to react like that say something a little less controversial. They are our best pair playing against the other team's best players all night. And they weren't bad; they were on for one goal against and that was after a terrible giveaway by Brass and horrendous net front coverage by Boyle.

My post was just a typical reactionary post after reading something that is insulting to our team.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
i dont think Anaheims as skilled as everyones making em out to be...what they are is big and fast. i dont see any kind of crazy display of skill a-la Crosby, Malkin, etc.

they hold onto the puck, they retreive pucks and they move it around.

frankly we did that just as well if not better than they did.

we outshot them, we out attempted them, and we probably outpossessed them...we just don't have any finishers.
Agreed, this was a very winnable game. 2 lousy turnovers and lack of finish on a couple of glorious chances cost us the game.
I thought DZ was the best Dman on the ice tonight. Played physical, battled in the corners, skated well, and had a couple of nice rushes, the goal was a bonus.

Wolfpack21

Dec 14, 2008
Ranger fan in Jersey
Not that it's a big deal because it most likely would nit have changed anything, but I was pissed and confused that AV put Boyle out there at the end. Yes Boyle is a great PKer but even if it was a 5 on 3 we still needed a goal!!! The penalty was running into the end of the game and I think you have to put somebody out there that's gives you a chance to score. Would have much rather perfected to see Kreider or Hags with there speed or Cally who can PK but give us a better offensive chance than Boyle. (I don't dislike Boyle). Did this bother anyone else?

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
I realize we're not the most physical or biggest team but the way ppl talk on here it's like we're the smallest/wussiest team ever

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just came home from the game, my thoughts:

1) When I go to hell, I'm sure they'll have this game on 24/7. One of the ugliest most boring, and most frustrating games I've ever seen. Might have been the worst non-blowout loss that I witnessed live, ever.

2) How stupid is this team? Two awful turnovers. that led to goals. Two unforced penalties in the last 2 minutes. We just gave them this game and that's what's most frustrating, should have at least gotten a point.

3) I don't think I've ever seen the ice this bad, at least not live. The puck was bouncing all over the ice. The only player (strangely) that could handle the puck on both teams a bit was Del Zotto, it seemed. No one could pass. Players would have the puck on their stick for a split second and then lose it over and over again. This game was evenly played, they weren't "just beaten by a better team". Anyone that thinks we got outplayed is smoking. But it's largely, IMO the fault of the ice. It was hard to outplay anyone, it was so bad. Reminds me of mud or snow games in the NFL. Next time, instead of spending money on making an unnecessarily large scoreboard, do something about the ice.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Just came home from the game, my thoughts:

1) When I go to hell, I'm sure they'll have this game on 24/7. One of the ugliest most boring, and most frustrating games I've ever seen. Might have been the worst non-blowout loss that I witnessed live, ever.

2) How stupid is this team? Two awful turnovers. that led to goals. Two unforced penalties in the last 2 minutes. We just gave them this game and that's what's most frustrating, should have at least gotten a point.

3) I don't think I've ever seen the ice this bad, at least not live. The puck was bouncing all over the ice. The only player (strangely) that could handle the puck on both teams a bit was Del Zotto, it seemed. No one could pass. Players would have the puck on their stick for a split second and then lose it over and over again. This game was evenly played, they weren't "just beaten by a better team". Anyone that thinks we got outplayed is smoking. But it's largely, IMO the fault of the ice. It was hard to outplay anyone, it was so bad. Reminds me of mud or snow games in the NFL. Next time, instead of spending money on making an unnecessarily large scoreboard, do something about the ice.

Pierre kept talking about how awesome the ice was all night.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
the ducks second goal was awful!!!! hank needs to stop that... your supposedly "the best goalie In the world" you need to stop that second goal if you want that extension.... also pp sucks and omg we need nash!!! :shakehead:help:

If he wants that extension????? haha .....

You cant possibly think thats even remotely true..... he lets up some softies and what.....he'll be unemployed next year....haha

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Pierre kept talking about how awesome the ice was all night.

Really? Then why was puck bouncing all night and why couldn't a player on either team, except Del Zotto handle it? They kept losing the puck all night. Kept fanning on pucks all night. Once or twice can be on the players, but when you see the puck bouncing all night and players losing it and fanning on passes and shots, there's something that is up.

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers just don't match up well against big, physical teams. The Ducks throw a little speed and skill into the mix too for an impressive package.

Not saying the Ducks even played much above mediocre. But the Rangers had a really tough time sustaining a forecheck let alone offensive pressure. They got a few quality chances but there were lots of bad angle shots, point shots and a few wrap arounds. Do not agree that the Rangers controlled this one at all.

Rangers are not that big or fast... without Kreider and Hagelin, this team is playing hockey in the quicksand.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
They definitely picked it up in the 3rd. Not an awful game by any stretch...just meh.

McDonagh was the worst guy on the ice tonight. His play recently has been discouraging.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Anaheim got the lead then suffocated the life out of the game. Rangers were trying to generate all night and when they could actually get in the zone they did, but Anderson played a really good game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This thread is surprisingly positive, aside from the people saying we should fire AV, trade Lundqvist, and that we're a bottom 5 team in the league. I can't believe how many people think this game proved that the Ducks are better and that the west is better. The Ducks capitalized on 2 mistakes and did nothing offensively all game. They didn't need to it turns out, but even with our lack of finishers they could have easily lost the game with some bounces.

Edit: The Duck ARE better, but not because of this game.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Really? Then why was puck bouncing all night and why couldn't a player on either team, except Del Zotto handle it? They kept losing the puck all night. Kept fanning on pucks all night. Once or twice can be on the players, but when you see the puck bouncing all night and players losing it and fanning on passes and shots, there's something that is up.

Agreed. The ice was absolutely horrendous tonight. Did the Knicks play at home yesterday? Seriously, pucks were bouncing all over the place tonight it was VERY obvious

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Agreed. The ice was absolutely horrendous tonight. Did the Knicks play at home yesterday? Seriously, pucks were bouncing all over the place tonight it was VERY obvious

I think they did, but that happens often. I've never seen it this bad live, and only have seen it this bad a few times ever. That's taking into consideration that the ice sucks at MSG all the time. If it wasn't the ice then both Rangers and Ducks players should be playing in the ECHL. The Ducks had a number of odd man rushes that went nowhere because of the ice. Richards fanned on a short pass on an odd man rush (I was pissed at him, till I caught on).

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Does anyone think the linesman are calling some icings incorrectly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the puck still has to cross the goal line for it to be icing, yeah? Many times I see the linesman calling icing when the puck crosses the dots, not the goal line. One time in particular tonight Zucc was right on the puck, it was halfway between the dot and the bottom of the circle and they whistled it down for icing. The puck has to cross the goal line, as was with the original icing rule, and the defenseman has to be the first to dot, however, if the puck doesn't reach the goal line, then the defenseman being the first to dot doesn't matter. That's why a rule change like this stinks. I know it's better in the long run for safety, but it confuses the players and the officials.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
This thread is surprisingly positive, aside from the people saying we should fire AV, trade Lundqvist, and that we're a bottom 5 team in the league. I can't believe how many people think this game proved that the Ducks are better and that the west is better. The Ducks capitalized on 2 mistakes and did nothing offensively all game. They didn't need to it turns out, but even with our lack of finishers they could have easily lost the game with some bounces.

Edit: The Duck ARE better, but not because of this game.

this. i believe they hit the post one other time. but i mean they got like 3 odd man rushes in a row at one point and didn't do anything with them. we had quite a few glorious chances and they made us pay for 2 mistakes in an otherwise pretty even game.
pierre kept going crazy about how fast and exciting the ducks are but that game was painfully boring so i don't know what he was talking about

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Does anyone think the linesman are calling some icings incorrectly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the puck still has to cross the goal line for it to be icing, yeah? Many times I see the linesman calling icing when the puck crosses the dots, not the goal line. One time in particular tonight Zucc was right on the puck, it was halfway between the dot and the bottom of the circle and they whistled it down for icing. The puck has to cross the goal line, as was with the original icing rule, and the defenseman has to be the first to dot, however, if the puck doesn't reach the goal line, then the defenseman being the first to dot doesn't matter. That's why a rule change like this stinks. I know it's better in the long run for safety, but it confuses the players and the officials.

I noticed that too. It's happened several times.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Look, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter with Boyle. Brian Boyle will never be on a Stanley Cup team. He is most likely either going to get traded from here at the deadline or he is going to play out the season and not get resigned.

He will get replaced by one of our kids either later this year or next. So, I can sit around ***** about him or I can just accept him for what he is with whatever time he has here. Its just not worth the headache.

I got nothing against the guy. He works harder than anyone on the team, but he is what he is.

There have been hundreds of players on Stanley Cup teams that were worse than Boyle and let's not forget that in last year's playoffs, Boyle was closer to the best on his team than he was to the worst.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Andersen didn't have to be anything special tonight. He made two good saves in the third and shut the door when he needed to. The Rangers had 33 shots on goal, but probably 25 of those were muffins.

Say what you will, but if that was Nash going up the left side instead of Kreider on that break, it's in the net. Kreider is good at what he does, but a deker he is not.

Palmieri is a little weasel. Hitting away from the play and little slashes here and there that went uncalled.

Del Zotto didn't really play a bad game, but boy, the "Garden faithful" were getting on him

Anyone who thinks Anderson didn't play a helluva game is crazy. Positioning is pretty important stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad