Post-Game Talk: Ducks @ Rangers: Creative Title N/A

Drewbackatu*

Beat ourselves, IMHO.

The refs tonight... jeez. Both ways, because that "slash" on Getzlaf was a joke. But ****, man... what game were they watching?

Two huge mistakes, and the Ducks capitalized. I liked the Rangers game after those mistakes though.

I really ****ing miss Nash.

The officiating was indeed brutal but not an excuse.

Vidic15*

MDZ upped his trade value tonight. Showed his ability as an offensive Dman. Hopefully, lowe and messier took notice

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The one Pouliot offsides on the pwp he wasn't offsides. Even so you can see why he goes from team to team. Lots of talent--no consistent production. Richards and Brassard two **** turnovers and the Rangers are chasing the game as Torts used to have it. Hard to win that way. Basically we handed them the game with those two unforced errors.

Really ****ing annoying to see head shots go unpunished though. WTF the refs are looking at when Allen clips Stepan--the pucks not even near him. I could see the Palmieri one being missed but Allen's was right out in the open. NHL officials are stupid mother****ers.

Del Zotto gets the goal but from the point he's either missing the net or getting it blocked every time. Staal on the other side missing the net.

Don't like Pyatt. Don't like Del Zotto on the right side.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Nash would have been invisable in this game. He needs space which this game had none of
I agree. Anaheim was giving up nothing. Kreider's breakaway was the best chance but the goaltender make a great play

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Brassard is what he is. Horribly inconsistent. I don't think he'll be resigned anyway.

I wouldn't go that far. He does some things well that set him apart from our other centers (he's excellent at gaining the zone with the puck on his stick, for example). Also, he picked up his game in the playoffs, which is always a nice trait for a player. I think it will depend on his contract demands.

Staxgod90

New Season New Dream
May 31, 2011
Westchester,NY
Couldn't watch the first so I can just guess how bad the two goals were but MDZ played surprisingly well and im praying Nash can play soon so Pouliot or Pyatt can get off this damn team

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The way Anaheim played tonight reminds me of how Montreal plays in MSG. Clog all the lanes trap your way to victory. It works though I guess. Maybe that's why this game made me want to punch a hole in the wall.

I've been saying this for years. With the ice being what it is at MSG, trapping and clogging up the passing lanes is a winning strategy. Florida does the same garbage at MSG. Take advantage of wacky bounces.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I wouldn't go that far. He does some things well that set him apart from our other centers (he's excellent at gaining the zone with the puck on his stick, for example). Also, he picked up his game in the playoffs, which is always a nice trait for a player. I think it will depend on his contract demands.

He's one of the only forwards on this team who can carry the puck over the blue line. It's a shame nothing really ever happens after that.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Brassard has played a lot like Nikolai Zherdev and Marcel Hossa did for their tenures here. Brief stretches of brilliance followed by long stretches of complete invisibility.

I've been wholly unimpressed with this game. He's brought NOTHING for probably 11 games so far this season.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Andersen didn't have to be anything special tonight. He made two good saves in the third and shut the door when he needed to. The Rangers had 33 shots on goal, but probably 25 of those were muffins.

Say what you will, but if that was Nash going up the left side instead of Kreider on that break, it's in the net. Kreider is good at what he does, but a deker he is not.

Palmieri is a little weasel. Hitting away from the play and little slashes here and there that went uncalled.

Del Zotto didn't really play a bad game, but boy, the "Garden faithful" were getting on him

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Brassard has played a lot like Nikolai Zherdev and Marcel Hossa did for their tenures here. Brief stretches of brilliance followed by long stretches of complete invisibility.

I've been wholly unimpressed with this game. He's brought NOTHING for probably 11 games so far this season.

Said that day 1 when they traded for him. Still hate the move despite the couple of key games he had here. He's just not consistent enough.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I think what we saw from Brassard last year was a fluke. When Richards gets bought out this summer, I'm not sure I trust Brassard as a 2C going forward. He's a streaky 40-45 point forward with no two-way game whatsoever so he brings nothing to the table when he's not contributing offensively.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't think either team outplayed the other. Anaheim gave the Rangers little room all night. Very well executed, especially for a team at the end of a very long road trip.

It was very well executed by them. Like I said, I think we outplayed them tonight, though. Not by much, but it should have been enough to get the win if we had someone who could put the puck into the net. Love Anaheim's skill. Wish we had that.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Pretty frustrating game but overall I really can't be mad. They got a 2-0 lead off turnovers and sat on it all game and on top of that their goalie played phenomenal. Can't be too made at Pouliot either because if that phantom offside call doesn't happen the penalty probably doesn't happen either.

If you have to lose a game this is the way to lose.. Plus we must to a western team so no points going to the east and more importantly the division. Frustrating to lose but in context it's really not that bad

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i dont think Anaheims as skilled as everyones making em out to be...what they are is big and fast. i dont see any kind of crazy display of skill a-la Crosby, Malkin, etc.

they hold onto the puck, they retreive pucks and they move it around.

frankly we did that just as well if not better than they did.

we outshot them, we out attempted them, and we probably outpossessed them...we just don't have any finishers.

Championship*

It was very well executed by them. Like I said, I think we outplayed them tonight, though. Not by much, but it should have been enough to get the win if we had someone who could put the puck into the net. Love Anaheim's skill. Wish we had that.

You say that everytime they lose.

Bardof425*

McDonagh and Girardi just make me cringe. They were disastrous that game. Richards was awful. Pouliot was awful. Stepan was awful. Callahan just came back from injury but literally did nothing. Just ugh.

McD and Girardi make you cringe? Idiotic comment number one. Callahan literally did nothing? His wrap around led to our only goal. Look up "literally" in the dictionary. Idiotic comment number 2. Pouliot took a dumb penalty; he also used his speed to almost tie the game and drew a penalty on the play a few minutes earlier. Idiotic comment number 3. Boy folks we tolerate some idiots around here.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
McD and Girardi make you cringe? Idiotic comment number one. Callahan literally did nothing? His wrap around led to our only goal. Look up "literally" in the dictionary. Idiotic comment number 2. Pouliot took a dumb penalty; he also used his speed to almost tie the game and drew a penalty on the play a few minutes earlier. Idiotic comment number 3. Boy folks we tolerate some idiots around here.

Dude calm down I didn't shoot your dog or anything......

It was a typical reactionary post after a loss. McD-G were bad this game but I don't actually dislike them. Calm down there.

Bardof425*

Also, I'm officially tired of Brian Boyle

Many of us are. He had another game where he is supposed to be defensively responsible and he stands around with no skating ability and watches Corey Perry take shot after shot. And the rest of his game (passing, skating, decision making, shooting) is simply AHL caliber. He is not the reason we lost but his ice time is wasted.

And why AV put him and Pyatt on the ice to start the 3rd makes no friggin sense. That shift put us on our heels for several minutes. I don't care that Getzlaf is on the ice. Boyle and Pyatt are not shut down players; wastes of space. That's all they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad