News: Duchene intrigued by free-agency route after watching Tavares

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Honestly I found that some pretty odd wording from Duchene...I don't think he necessarily meant he doesn't want Karlsson as a teammate, but he definitely meant something even if he didn't intend on saying it.

i just think that everyone expects karlsson to leave. either by trade or free agent.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
If he's playing in the Tr91tor way he's already messed up by saying he's interested in Free Agency lol. He needs to say the exact opposite for the next 9 months and then do a 180.

Get over it buddy, not everyone wants to waste TWO decades in a disgraceful organization, one is enough for most.

Reactions: Cotton

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I can't imagine what the Senators will look like a year from now if EK, Duchene and Stone are all out.
They might have to do something stupid like eat Lucic's contract just to meet the cap floor.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I can't imagine what the Senators will look like a year from now if EK, Duchene and Stone are all out.
They might have to do something stupid like eat Lucic's contract just to meet the cap floor.

As an Islanders fan who Lee, Eberle and Nelson will be UFAs next summer, just looking at the Sens trade list before the deadline scares me how it will devalue our guys. lol

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Dushene,Stone,Ceci,Karlsson are all gonna walk come July 1st. Wow plenty of cap money to spend next year, with half the team gone. Lol

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
As an Islanders fan who Lee, Eberle and Nelson will be UFAs next summer, just looking at the Sens trade list before the deadline scares me how it will devalue our guys. lol

If anything it might make it a bit easier to retain them if that's what your organization wants to do.

Feb 24, 2017
This shouldn't come at a surprise... If Karlsson is traded or not extended, do you really see either of Stone or Duchene sticking around? Those are players who could play for any team in the league (depending on their contract demands), so why would they stay in Ottawa?
Which blanket did they sleep with?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not sure how a common player like Matt Duchene can be inspired by the UFA King of the past decade. His point of reference may as well be Tyler Bozak.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
doesn't Duchene know that he has to be, you know, good in order to rake in the cash in Free Agency?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad